Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the forum rules:

Users are also expected to stay on the topic of discussion in a thread. We recommend using the search function or reading all up-to-date posts in a thread before replying in order to maintain the discussion of the thread and to avoid asking previously answered questions.

If it was discussed weeks ago, sure - but this was just discussed within the last couple pages. My comment may have been snarky, but it was also the answer you were looking for.

I do think the HHN threads are susceptible to knowledge being lost in the shuffle with how fast page numbers move, so I get the sentiment there. But yeah, there is also something to be said about checking at least 3 pages previous for basic stuff like that. It's the same issue that leads to the constant "Spec map?/Next Announcement?/Has this IP been brought up yet?" questions that always have the same exact answers.

Maybe a yearly speculation FAQ thread would do well, especially if it was updated from time to time. Dumb question? Hit em with the FAQ Stick! :lol:

With the new Jurassic movie out next month ... I speculate that there won't be any HHN announcements until after its premier date.

(still can see a Jurassic house, this trilogy isn't exactly PG)

I don’t get why they wouldn’t make any announcements until Jurassic? Also I’m pretty sure Universal’s not going to put a Jurassic house, they don’t do IPS like that anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: Ahmanet
I don’t get why they wouldn’t make any announcements until Jurassic? Also I’m pretty sure Universal’s not going to put a Jurassic house, they don’t do IPS like that anymore.

While us nerd fanboys and fangirls get out announcement info from Twitter and Forums a little after they are announced (well, other than the few leaks a year), Universal sends press releases to the media outlets (usually early and under embargo to a specific time so they can craft their articles).

Much like we all ignore the "Will you review your purchase from Amazon?" emails while reading the one about our shipments and estimated arrival dates, spamming media outlets with releases can have the same effect. A movie coming out in over 4,000 US locations and thousands more around the globe all but assured to earn $1B at the box office is a story you don't want to be overlooked.

If the media, other than the most local outlets, receive a release saying something like "Pumpkin Lord returns for HHN31 in Orlando" that's something that would excite us, but the mainstream media outlets won't care. They're looking for info about the new Jurassic movie and how much money it's tracking to for opening weekend.

Most major companies have black out dates surrounding major announcements to make sure lesser things don't distract from it. Comcast/Universal/NBC is a huge company and has to consider it's press releases carefully. That's why a lot of info is "unceremoniously dumped" on the Website. They can do that whenever they want without going through Press/Media/Analyst Relations Department(s).

And I specifically used the Pumpkin Lord as an example as it was just debated about the feasibility of using him as an Icon. Just for illustrative purposes :)

Edit - excuse the typos, sent from my phone. Fixed the most glaring ones.

Yeah, not necessarily an indication it's coming, but it's worth noting that Universal is extremely bullish on this film.

The film did receive positive reviews when it premiered at a film festival earlier this year, so it does make sense Universal is extremely bullish on this film. I have already seen advertments for it on my tv channels, so they are definitely pushing that film.

Reactions: SeventyOne
With the new Jurassic movie out next month ... I speculate that there won't be any HHN announcements until after its premier date.

(still can see a Jurassic house, this trilogy isn't exactly PG)

I mean they've done Jurassic Park as a HHN house in the past... Back when they did it in IOA... So it's not far fetched... But sadly it doesn't fit with the HHN vibe anymore

I don't wanna make my mind until I see the movie but I feel like if they do The Black Phone it will be just like when they did Us just to promote it cuz it's a Universal movie even tho it was a great movie but wasn't a great house

• Sad
Reactions: Ahmanet
I mean they've done Jurassic Park as a HHN house in the past... Back when they did it in IOA... So it's not far fetched... But sadly it doesn't fit with the HHN vibe anymore

I don't wanna make my mind until I see the movie but I feel like if they do The Black Phone it will be just like when they did Us just to promote it cuz it's a Universal movie even tho it was a great movie but wasn't a great house

It was a great house in Hollywood, IMO. I didn't see the Orlando version. Sometimes it really does come down to execution. Hollywood's was very performance and choreography dependent.

Not only has The Black Phone gotten stellar reviews from those who've been lucky enough to see it, they also moved the release date because they felt it could compete (and really, do better) in the summer movie environment. Says a lot.

While true, there's just always something magical about going on opening night. Seeing all the fans and locals excited to see their favorite Halloween event back, all the scareactors excited to start doing what they do best again... Sure, there are always still quite a few hiccups opening weekend, but it's still fun nonetheless.
Not to mention, going opening night helps to genuinely be surprised with some houses because everything hasn’t been uploaded to YouTube and less pictures have been posted. The less spoilers, the better for me.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I don’t think this necessarily means anything, but if anyone is at Universal Studios Florida in the next few weeks you might spot a add for The Black Phone outside of the park gates.

Are we talking the standard billboards outside Will Call or something with a little more pizzazz?

Just because it's not coming this year doesn't mean it's never coming.

Right, it's not like this is the final season where it could be a now or never situation on doing a house. There's one more season to go so there's always a chance they could do a house next year, possibly even a megahouse which multiple folks have mused.

Reactions: Darko
Status
Not open for further replies.