Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I hear "Meta" and "Horror-Adjacent" IP, I'll admit the main thing that's coming to mind for me is what if it's a film, with a director that both Uni and HHN has worked with before, and something that HHN featured with them included a particular property of the original IP which the director is now working on. It's definitely "Horror-Adjacent", and due to what I just said, very Meta due to its history.

Just some food for thought.

*Edited just a smidge due to getting one aspect a little mixed up, but it all still fits.

I’m picking up the Rob Zombie Munsters plate you’re serving here ;) haha

Reactions: londonwerecat
That’s crazy! I feel like everything under the sun has been speculated
I mean, not really.

I’ve thought up some more popular/known IPs that aren’t really “horror” but could support a HHN haunt that we haven’t actually speculated. The only reason why I’m playing is because I still don’t know what Rookie is talking about.

What We Do in the Shadows
Batman
Rick and Morty
Star Trek
Lord of the Rings
Marvel (Zombies)
Goosebumps
Yellowjackets
Shadow and Bone
The Green Knight

I mean, not really.

I’ve thought up some more popular/known IPs that aren’t really “horror” but could support a HHN haunt that we haven’t actually speculated. The only reason why I’m playing is because I still don’t know what Rookie is talking about.

Batman
Rick and Morty
Star Trek
Lord of the Rings
Marvel (Zombies)
Goosebumps
Yellowjackets
Shadow and Bone
The Green Knight
Oh man forgot about what we do in the shadows. Bat!

Goosebumps should happen though. Grab the nostalgia crowd and could provide good scares of stories are plussed. Even Are You Afraid of the Dark could work.

Oh man forgot about what we do in the shadows. Bat!

Goosebumps should happen though. Grab the nostalgia crowd and could provide good scares of stories are plussed. Even Are You Afraid of the Dark could work.
Don’t forget the Haunting Hour

Generally means media that is self referential or recursive, usually in a way that either pays homage to or points out limitations of the medium.

Scream, Shaun of the Dead, Tucker and Dale vs Evil, and Cabin in the Woods are all examples of recent meta-horror.
Thank you for your response!

Personally I would love to see both Hell Fest and Scary Movie at the event, both films I really like and could be there in some form, still I don't think they will ever make it

Reactions: Blysthon
I mean, not really.

Batman
Rick and Morty
Star Trek
Lord of the Rings
Marvel (Zombies)
Goosebumps
Yellowjackets
Shadow and Bone
The Green Knight
I doubt it is but The Batman may not be a bad guess. I saw this article the other day

Last edited:
Ringwraith can correct me if I'm wrong, but I assumed "meta" was specific to UOR/HHN, not necessarily meta in and of itself (tho my speculation is both).

So ...
  • "Big" IP (not music)
  • Horror-adjacent at best
  • Meta to the event
  • Polarizing to HHN fans (90% of time translates as "not perceived as scary/gory enough")
Since Legacy mentioned some seemingly unobtainable IPs, let's go with one that hits all four of these: Simpsons Treehouse of Terror. Initially seems far-fetched, but if the team was in negotiations about Springfield anyway, maybe an unthinkable deal was struck. Money talks.

I'm wondering how BIG of an IP we're talking about. You can get really loose with horror association

Twin Peaks
Bioshock
Fallout
Munsters
Last of Us
Slipknot

Just off the top of my head.

Ringwraith can correct me if I'm wrong, but I assumed "meta" was specific to UOR/HHN, not necessarily meta in and of itself (tho my speculation is both).

So ...
  • "Big" IP (not music)
  • Meta to the event
  • Polarizing to HHN fans (90% of time translates as "not perceived as scary/gory enough")
Since Legacy mentioned some seemingly unobtainable IPs, let's go with one that hits all four of these: Simpsons Treehouse of Terror. Initially seems far-fetched, but if the team was in negotiations about Springfield anyway, maybe an unthinkable deal was struck. Money talks.
I like this theory, but with the Disney owning it now I just don’t think this can happen.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I like this theory, but with the Disney owning it now I just don’t think this can happen.

Also The Simpsons ride was created during the 2007/8 writers strike, and considering how much they want to control the experience, I don't see the writing staff having the time to work on a haunted house. But hey, weirder things have happened!

Also The Simpsons ride was created during the 2007/8 writers strike, and considering how much they want to control the experience, I don't see the writing staff having the time to work on a haunted house. But hey, weirder things have happened!

I also think it's unlikely to be The Simpsons overlay everyone has been asking for for years...but they did do this on the show once...

1643903031333.png

I also think it's unlikely to be The Simpsons overlay everyone has been asking for for years...but they did do this on the show once...

View attachment 15834

That was a whole Halloween themed episode and not just a Treehouse of Horror.

Harry Shearer remains the biggest problem with anything Simpsons related. He refused to participate in the creation of the attractions, which is why it’s Krustyland and not a tour of the Springfield Nuclear PowerPlant. It’s also why Orlando has the Kang and Kodos ride without any Kang.

That was a whole Halloween themed episode and not just a Treehouse of Horror.

Harry Shearer remains the biggest problem with anything Simpsons related. He refused to participate in the creation of the attractions, which is why it’s Krustyland and not a tour of the Springfield Nuclear PowerPlant. It’s also why Orlando has the Kang and Kodos ride without any Kang.

Right. Not Treehouse, but is there anything more "meta" than basing an overlay on an episode that originally "borrowed" the name of your event?

Right. Not Treehouse, but is there anything more "meta" than basing an overlay on an episode that originally "borrowed" the name of your event?

Well, I believe the overlay was and still would be Treehouse of Horror. I’m also curious, assuming it is The Simpsons, if we’re talking an attraction overlay, house, or scare zone here.

That episode aired at (arguably) the height of HHN in the pop culture zeitgeist. It was knowingly tongue and cheek since their ride operates during the actual HHN. I don’t think it was borrowed but rather very intentional. And Universal couldn’t care less - free advertising, ya know?

Reactions: londonwerecat
It’s a BIG IP that I haven’t seen anyone publicly speculate just yet. So if you are thinking of something someone else has said. You are probably on the wrong track.
Trying not to ask too many questions but I've never gotten the chance to actually speculate with clues like this hahah, but can I ask if this is a property that's appeared at the event/UOR in general before? I'm not even sure if the "meta" property @Ringwraith brought up is the same property as this incredibly polarizing horror-Adjacent IP you're mentioning, but there's probably confirmation on that in a different post I missed.

I'm trying to make a list.

Reactions: johnathanm
Trying not to ask too many questions but I've never gotten the chance to actually speculate with clues like this hahah, but can I ask if this is a property that's appeared at the event/UOR in general before? I'm not even sure if the "meta" property @Ringwraith brought up is the same property as this incredibly polarizing horror-Adjacent IP you're mentioning, but there's probably confirmation on that in a different post I missed.

I'm trying to make a list.
Was this horror-adjacent, meta IP described as “incredibly polarizing?”

Was this horror-adjacent, meta IP described as “incredibly polarizing?”
I thought somebody said that. Am I wrong? Dang

Edit:

There is a property i’m hearing for this year that no one has speculated yet…consider it the “Billie” of the year that will tear fans apart.

Right here bucko!! Unless this isn't related, but this is what spurred all of this.

So ...
  • "Big" IP (not music)
  • Meta to the event
Meta to the event… not exactly horror…..a Bill and Ted House?

Status
Not open for further replies.