Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan personally but Rick & Morty sounds like a great idea imo. From what I've seen it's pretty gory and hits a lot of the sci-fi horror tropes I'd like to see in a house. Never thought spec would lead us here :lol:.
There’s a lot to pull from in Adult Swim in general

Mr Pickles for a less popular property.

I’ll just say Rick and Morty was very popular behind the scenes during my time backstage at HHN 2017. So much so that it makes me think A&D would enjoy taking that IP on.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I just don't see Rick and Morty ever happening. The show is really good, but how do you take an animated T.V. series and translate it into a haunted house?
It’s a show that plays so fast and loose with the rules that you could cast just about anyone as Rick or Morty and it could be hand waved away as “sci-fi”

It’s about as unbounded if a concept as you can get

Boy a Rick and Morty house would be so off-the-wall random in the line up.....but it would fit all of the clues. It would be SUPER meta, it would definitely cause an uproar with the HHN diehards saying "This isn't horror at all!", it would be a big draw for the GP....shoot, I think this is it.

If this is indeed Rick and Morty, I think they will probably go an original story route.

Rick and Morty would absolutely work. The rules of the show are that essentially there are none. There is no definite timeline or universe to have to adapt, it's a million different randomly generated dimensions with no sense of morality. There is a lot to work with, and as long as they get the aesthetics down it could be legitimately great. This is coming from someone who hasn't watched or enjoyed the show since 2017, it would be a great IP to have in your Golden Anniversary year.

Rick and Morty would be cool to see. There is enough to work with, but I just don't see Universal going through with it. I don't think it fits the "fan-splitting" part as it seems many want to see it and would agree it could work.

Ready for another "Throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks" post?

A Quiet Place anyone?

I mean, if they did intend to do Scream this year, it is also a Paramount IP. It would be a big draw for the GP.

Has there ever been a Tomb Raider maze anywhere? Feels like one of the few video game properties that went legit mainstream (along with films, obviously) and it's got a definite horror-adjacent vibe. Enough monsters there to build a decent maze.

I agree Rick & Morty feels like a very strong play. If they're not already considering it, they should be.

A: Is Rick & Morty even as big in the general public’s eye anymore as Billie was when her house was planned? I know it was popular by Adult Swim standards, but still…

B: I feel like the Venn diagram of people who never stop telling other people how good Rick & Morty is vs. that breed of die-hard HHN fans is pretty close to being a singular, unified circle anyways…:toast:

A: Is Rick & Morty even as big in the general public’s eye anymore as Billie was when her house was planned? I know it was popular by Adult Swim standards, but still…

B: I feel like the Venn diagram of people who never stop telling other people how good Rick & Morty is vs. that breed of die-hard HHN fans is pretty close to being a singular, unified circle anyways…:toast:
They were the major stars in a season of fortnite, less than a year ago. That would bring in younger people.

Status
Not open for further replies.