Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the talk that one of these houses is not accurate and isn’t actually happening, does anyone have any guesses as to what it could be?

Personally, I’m hoping it’s any of them except Evil Dead, I’m really holding out hope for that one.
I think either Halloween or Last of us is gonna disappear and be replaced either by Nope or by an IP you’d label as “family friendly”

Yeah that’s kinda weird to me. It either sounds like another Conjuring/Hive situation where they wanted to do Scream but couldn’t or they just went with Halloween again instead of Scream.
Another possibility I’ve been thinking of is that Halloween is sort of acting as a placeholder so that if they get the Scream rights they can change it and if they can’t it can just stay Halloween.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Seeing the clues “meta” and legacy tweeting out the film “oculus” is interesting because my mind goes to the Oculus quest VR headset, which is now called the MetaQuest because it is owned by Facebook/meta. Could we be looking at a repository part 2 situation?

With all the talk that one of these houses is not accurate and isn’t actually happening, does anyone have any guesses as to what it could be?

Personally, I’m hoping it’s any of them except Evil Dead, I’m really holding out hope for that one.
Best guesses
1. The Weekend isn’t actually its own house and he might just be featured elsewhere
2. Halloween is a possible placeholder for Scream
3. Last of Us (based on Legacy’s “movie/TV stuff only” comment which might be outdated)
4. Fear Street isn’t the Netflix property

Thinking about the lagoon show, which was so lackluster last year and so good the previous one, you need strong, varied, recognizable music - assuming its not all Weeknd songs. Halloween has that, Scream has that (if its in there somewhere), Evil Dead 2 (I'M CLINGING TO HOPE) has it... less so everything else. Gremlins would really help with that.

"The Last of Us" seems like a bold choice, and I get it with the show coming along and... all that... but I definitely see somethin' along the same vein...

*As in there are definitely other IPs and original ideas that contain, mmm... fungus? lol

Reactions: PotsNPens
My thoughts on the map...sorry for being a wet blanket:

I feel like we don't have the WOW headliner. In the past, Legacy asked HNN to not put Ghostbusters on the spec map for fear that it might cause a Game of Thrones type issue. The lack of a Shrek house on the Map coupled with this makes me think something is intentionally missing. Not like the A+ headliner would be in Shrek, but something seems intentionally off.

Last of Us and Evil Dead - I'd be SHOCKED if either was video game based. Resident Evil and Hill House were both more based on the movies. Universal STUDIOS is where you go to live the movies. Yes, I know, Super Nintendo is at some parks already so they're clearly branching out into that area, but doubt they'd be adapting any non Nintendo video games in Orlando while ground is just being broken on Super Nintendo Land. Also, people get SO MAD at the casting of every videogame movie and how it doesn't live up to their expectations (Tom Holland is one of the hottest actors in the world and people were mad he's the lead in Uncharted). If you have human beings acting in a show/movie, you can emulate that much easier and look accurate to the source material.

I had no idea it was Weeknd and not Weekend, thought that was some kind of hint/clue at first. Not my cup of tea, but the visuals from his videos look awesome and he put on a pretty good Superbowl Halftime show. Looking forward to see what they can pull off.

Be careful judging the name of houses and assuming you know what it is and how much you're gonna love it. Depths of Fear was #1 on many a hype list (including mine) and that was even after the official synopsis was released.

How Halloween, at an event called HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS, appearing again at the 31st annual event (when there are like a dozen movies in the series and they haven't done half of them) still bothers people is beyond me. People get mad when Jack's not at the event, and then get mad when Halloween is. Huh?

Having said all that, I think the current spec map, which will 100% change over time, looks pretty damn awesome. Evil Dead is at the top of my list of favorite franchises and the sheer number of originals makes me happy (which is a big flip from where I was a decade ago when I was all about the IPs). A Halloween Event without a Michael Meyers (or Halloween III) appearance is always disappointing so super thrilled that it's possibly returning.

Alrighty, here we go again!

Naturally, it's all a big wait and see as things will most likely change.
That said, looking at the currently speculated line-up, I'm totally digging what's being speculated so far!

All the speculated originals sound really good to me, I'd totally be down for a double creature feature in the Sprung tents. And seaside village could easily go into Dead Man's Warf/Lovecraftian territory real fast. Curse of Pandora's Box is a pleasant surprise, I'd be fine seeing Orlando take it on.

As UCM, I truly hope it is The Mummy vs. the Wolfman. That would be a giant YES for me!

As for the IP's, it's a fun-looking line up. I think it's pretty smart having The Weeknd in the Supercharged que since that would be an instant draw to a new house location. As for Halloween, if it ends up happening and being Halloween III, I'm totally fine with that!

Now as for what I find surprising with this speculated lineup. I do find it surprising that Orlando would possibly get Fear Street AND The Last of Us and Hollywood wouldn't. Now I do know Murdy mentioned HW would be getting exclusive IP's this year, so them getting KKfOS and NOPE does make sense. But I would personally think The Last of Us is a bigger IP than either of those.

The last surprise is something I mentioned several times before, since at the moment there's no sign of Chucky. I felt like this would be a year he'd show up again. There's always a chance we get another scare zone and those have yet to be speculated.

UPDATE - Now would be a good time to look back at Legacy's clues and piece together which houses match to what clues, that would be a good way to narrow down which ones could actually be happening, and which ones are up in the air at the moment.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s kinda weird to me. It either sounds like another Conjuring/Hive situation where they wanted to do Scream but couldn’t or they just went with Halloween again instead of Scream.
This actually made me think. We know that a lot of the speculation tend to be misinterpreted ips or originals. What if Halloween is a misunderstood Scream (you know because of the emphasis scream has on Halloween). Probably not correct, just thinking

Finally the first speculation map!
I'm a little disappointed with the map. I know it always changes with the passage of time, but I expected something else.
I'm not too convinced by The mummy Vs the wolfman, I'd rather have just the mummy.
On the other hand I haven't played The last of us so I don't know enough about what it could be and I guess like me a lot of people, it's not as simple as watching the series or the movie.
I trust The Weeknd to show up at the event but not having a house. Maybe a house where he plays the music (as has happened in Hollywood with Slash) or having his music be part of some show, but not having his own house.
The Halloween idea is fine with me, I'm a big fan of Michael Myers and having it back I like. Hopefully Halloween 2018 and Halloween Kills.
Pandoras Box looks good to me, the Hollywood house looked really good.
The rest of the originals I don't know what they might be about.
The evil dead doesn't convince me.
Fear Street could translate well into a house.
Hopefully some houses will change and we can see Chucky among others. I would also love a Hell Fest house.

Status
Not open for further replies.