Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here we go ladies

giphy.gif

This is just me doing some last minute completely mindless “speculation” but……..interesting choice using a phone when one of the more commonly speculated IP’s uses phones an awful lot.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Small thought (As I have done on other places), since HHN20, the year following the anniversary year then followed that of an icon, one to begin the cycle again and go forward. 2011 was Lady Luck, who didn't get that much in presence outside of promotional and scarezone, and then 2016 gave Chance, who got a maze but had mishandled marketing.

But thanks to the delay, assuming if they are going to continue the narrative of original aspects, there is an icon that could come very easily into play that could explain the more IP-heavy lineup. And that in turn comes down to the character of Julian Browning, otherwise known as The Usher. Why do I bring him up? Well--The Universal Palace Theater, for this year in chronological terms, is 100 years old. Let's assume the Icon aspect comes back into play for HHN31..and if Usher comes in, how do you do that?

Simple. Reinvigorate with a "Grand reopening" of the Universal Palace Theater. Have it be a celebration of horror of various forms, and all the while a Phantom-Julian lurks around, wanting to maintain his movie theater to be following the rules he made bare. Feels very easy to do, feels like a way to allow all the IP's potentially being represented for Orlando to get it's day in court, and you could even use "Never go Alone" in the marketing, as part of the movie theater's reopening.

Here we go again,

Since things are looking close to actual announcements, I figure it's best giving the usual reminder for these kinds of things. Absolutely nothing is guaranteed. We might just be getting dates, we might get a house, we might get none of those and it's an announcement of what the general "look" of the event is going to be this year.

The point is, don't bet the farm on any particular thing. Just keep your expectations low and if anything is announced, just roll with it.

Small thought (As I have done on other places), since HHN20, the year following the anniversary year then followed that of an icon, one to begin the cycle again and go forward. 2011 was Lady Luck, who didn't get that much in presence outside of promotional and scarezone, and then 2016 gave Chance, who got a maze but had mishandled marketing.

But thanks to the delay, assuming if they are going to continue the narrative of original aspects, there is an icon that could come very easily into play that could explain the more IP-heavy lineup. And that in turn comes down to the character of Julian Browning, otherwise known as The Usher. Why do I bring him up? Well--The Universal Palace Theater, for this year in chronological terms, is 100 years old. Let's assume the Icon aspect comes back into play for HHN31..and if Usher comes in, how do you do that?

Simple. Reinvigorate with a "Grand reopening" of the Universal Palace Theater. Have it be a celebration of horror of various forms, and all the while a Phantom-Julian lurks around, wanting to maintain his movie theater to be following the rules he made bare. Feels very easy to do, feels like a way to allow all the IP's potentially being represented for Orlando to get it's day in court, and you could even use "Never go Alone" in the marketing, as part of the movie theater's reopening.
I would love to have The Usher back as an HHN icon, he's one of my favorites.
I trust there will be an announcement today, I'm looking forward to it so much I'm content to just know the dates and little else hahaha. I don't think Scream will be announced though they may have wanted to generate that anticipation in people even if they are disappointed later.

Oh...we're getting something today. Orlando Informer just put their tickets up for sale.

And if those dates are the accurate dates of the event, unfortunately it looks like we won't be getting another Tuesday night on the last week of the event like we got last year. That was a nice perk of coming that last week for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.