Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Tips & Tricks | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Tips & Tricks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
These are the times I entered each house last night (with no express):

The Weeknd: 5:55 PM
DoD: 6:18 PM
Bugs: 7:06 PM
Hellblock: 7:32 PM
Coven: 8:15 PM
Fiesta: 9:07 PM
Dead Man's Pier: 10:15 PM
Halloween: 11:42 PM
Monsters: 12:33 AM
Blumhouse: 1:09 AM
Dead Man's Pier (Round 2): 1:36 AM
Had an incredible run tonight in the brief time I was there. I just might prefer the NY S&S location this year. My times for the night to compare to opening night times in the quote:
  • Halloween: 5:37
  • Dead Man’s Pier: 5:56
  • Fiesta: 6:03
  • Blumhouse: 6:14
  • Bugs: 6:29
  • DoD: 6:45
  • Monsters: 7:15
  • The Weeknd: 7:44
  • Hellblock: 8:10

Had an incredible run tonight in the brief time I was there. I just might prefer the NY S&S location this year. My times for the night to compare to opening night times in the quote:
  • Halloween: 5:37
  • Dead Man’s Pier: 5:56
  • Fiesta: 6:03
  • Blumhouse: 6:14
  • Bugs: 6:29
  • DoD: 6:45
  • Monsters: 7:15
  • The Weeknd: 7:44
  • Hellblock: 8:10
What time did you get in line for Halloween? Thanks!

What time did you get in line for Halloween? Thanks!
Basing it off of some texts I sent around then, I probably got in line in NY at around 4:30ish and I believe they pre-loaded us in the actual queue at 5 PM or so. I think people started actually going in around 5:25.

Reactions: Magzilla
Basing it off of some texts I sent around then, I probably got in line in NY at around 4:30ish and I believe they pre-loaded us in the actual queue at 5 PM or so. I think people started actually going in around 5:25.

I'm really curious how they are able to clear the park out so quickly when closing time is 5pm. It seems they are opening the soundstage houses earlier than ever this year and I'm wondering how that can even work from an operations standpoint. If these houses at the front are opening up that much earlier than Weekend/Monsters, then I might need to switch back to being a Finnegan's Stay and Scream regular.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I'm really curious how they are able to clear the park out so quickly when closing time is 5pm. It seems they are opening the soundstage houses earlier than ever this year and I'm wondering how that can even work from an operations standpoint. If these houses at the front are opening up that much earlier than Weekend/Monsters, then I might need to switch back to being a Finnegan's Stay and Scream regular.
I think it's because they've locked down certain areas of the park prior to 5 PM to make it so guests are forced to take certain paths, but not positive yet. Additionally, the NY S&S at least already had us in an organized line before I even got there at 4:30 so it was very easy for them to just open the barricades and lead us over to the Halloween queue in an organized fashion when they got the all clear for the crowd sweep of that section of the park.

I think it's because they've locked down certain areas of the park prior to 5 PM to make it so guests are forced to take certain paths, but not positive yet. Additionally, the NY S&S at least already had us in an organized line before I even got there at 4:30 so it was very easy for them to just open the barricades and lead us over to the Halloween queue in an organized fashion when they got the all clear for the crowd sweep of that section of the park.

Are they closing Revenge of the Mummy earlier than 5pm or is it still not running regularly? That could possibly explain it because if it were open until 5pm, you could still get in line at 5 and ride and that would make it more difficult for them to open the soundstage houses until that ride was swept and cleared.

Are they closing Revenge of the Mummy earlier than 5pm or is it still not running regularly? That could possibly explain it because if it were open until 5pm, you could still get in line at 5 and ride and that would make it more difficult for them to open the soundstage houses until that ride was swept and cleared.
I have no clue because it's really inconsistent still. I did Springfield S&S last week, so not sure how it worked then, but by the time I arrived at 4:30 yesterday, Mummy was down.

Reactions: dxwwf3
Thanks so much for this info! I appreciate it!

Reactions: Tbad556
Last night was definitely much better than this past weekend, I know that's a combination of a few things but F&B is still a HUGE blind spot for the event and I think it needs to be critically looked at.

I observed no ice, a 30+ person deep for Twisted Taters, a 30+ person deep for Nice Guys Food Booth and that one came down to registers. They had the staffing behind the counter. Kinda baffled me there...

House Ops seemed to be running a little better, not sure if it was because it was slower (probably) or if it was just a matter of them doing better.

• Last night Bugs had much better ratios for Express.
  • Not sure what the heck was happening with Monsters, but it's line was bouncing all over the dang place, would go from 20 minutes to 45 to 10 to 55, to 30, and that would be in the span of about 45 minutes.
  • Halloween was moving from an Ops stand point. But that was at the end of the night
  • Descendants was EATING people. It really was handling & maintaining 30 minute waits consistently
We did more houses but they faired far more standard operations. Hoping it's on an upward trend and they get F&B together.

Behind Lombard's for sure. It was empty every time I went back there over the weekend. One of those walkups seemed to be selling blinky cups with whatever you wanted in them too. They were a little more expensive, but better ordering a handmade cocktail than one of those premade concoctions.
Secret Bar is definitely best bar, but lets just keep it between friends :cheers:

Mummy has been down for the past 2 days, maybe 3, completely I think. It was open during Sunday’s HNN, and a tiny bit during the day Monday, and I think that’s been all she wrote for it unless they are no longer posting it’s status in the app. Every time we walked by it was closed, and we checked the app multiple times per hour for Mummy all week.

Also, hogwarts express was down the past 2 days, and a ton of other stuff has been breaking more than usual (to me, anyway).

Reactions: dxwwf3 and Clive
Has anyone done the photo experience at Cabana? Trying to get a sense of what it actually is but the description is a little vague

Alright y’all what’s the stay and scream move for tonight? Did Moe’s last night and still made it through half the houses before midnight. Moe’s just isn’t the same without Dufftoberfest.

Alright y’all what’s the stay and scream move for tonight? Did Moe’s last night and still made it through half the houses before midnight. Moe’s just isn’t the same without Dufftoberfest.
Attempting NY again starting with Halloween here. We’ll see if it’s actually the move with Friday crowds lol.

Last edited: