Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What if they did two levels of ROF, one for the first 2 weeks (like how ROF used to be) and an ROF+ for the first 4 weeks? I’d be okay with going back to just going two weekends a year if it was priced lower. Four weekends in a row is expensive when you add in hotel/food/etc.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
New hypothesis: A lot of locals settled for RoF due to price increase and may have had a hand in the crowd stuff. We’ll see how the next few weeks are.

I don’t want to jinx it but you may be right, this past weekend wasn’t that bad.

Still think the next few weeks will be unbearable with more of the public who are now just starting to think of Halloween.

New hypothesis: A lot of locals settled for RoF due to price increase and may have had a hand in the crowd stuff. We’ll see how the next few weeks are.

oh wow, thats a good point (i even contemplated ROF)

but then makes me wonder how frequent fear sold out already (unless frequent fear was cut down in number and limited by universal or if a lot of non locals got more ffp) maybe it sold out from people visiting out of town

I was wondering if prices going up for a lot of things in general have had some people cut down on trip costs by just doing a night at hhn instead of day tickets. Add in sea world for cheaper than a day ticket as well and maybe a water park or tampa and you have a relatively cheap weekend.

This is a very good hypothesis, and I think for some folks they're savvy that September can be somewhat less busy/cheaper etc. As for me, I normally have to visit in September since October is a very busy month as I'm working at my usual local haunt back home.

But yes, I do agree with this hypothesis since RoF is cheaper than the others. So, we'll have to see if crowds jump back up significantly or not.

So let’s say the hypothesis is correct ROF is the cause of some of the overcrowding. Let’s say they keep FFP the same but remove ROF in favor of a 4-5 night pass? (that you have to use within 14 days or something similar) I could also see this type of pass having levels to include Friday, Saturdays, and maybe even allow October as well. I think that would satisfy the majority of locals as well as hotel guests.

However another layer of this is that Universal honestly releases tickets pretty last minute for the event, so if you are planning a trip out of state with airfare to HHN and counting on ROF and it no longer exists. It would screw over those types of people.

Reactions: MI1287 and Clive
I think a lot of the last few pages are really jumping the gun. Like I said before, this year seems like a massive outlier and its' story isn't done being told. We have some of the largest, most popular IPs in a long time, some crowd-pleasing originals like Dragons and a new Icon, a lot of maintenence and repairs removing some key people-eater locations like the Lagoon Show and Mels, all at the same time. And despite that, most houses still land around the 20-35 min length towards 1230-1am like in previous years, and imo most queues haven't been too bad in terms of actual length having been about 9 nights so far. The main issues in my opinion have been ops and the poor queuing experience overall which has always been a thing but has substantially worsened due to the Kidzone construction and the new untested system for Sprungs and New Parade and the lack of entertainment or especially fans in the longer outdoor queues. The former will be fixed by next year, and the latter has been an issue for years.

Let's check back on the event without ST4/TLoU/M3gan/Potter/Chucky and the Kidzone construction, and then start talking about cutting Frequent Fear passes if it's still not doing great.

Oh yeah, that's also been a big issue. The handheld scanners have never worked for us when we try to use those queues. Much more trouble and wasted time than they were worth.

Reactions: Speed
So let’s say the hypothesis is correct ROF is the cause of some of the overcrowding. Let’s say they keep FFP the same but remove ROF in favor of a 4-5 night pass? (that you have to use within 14 days or something similar) I could also see this type of pass having levels to include Friday, Saturdays, and maybe even allow October as well. I think that would satisfy the majority of locals as well as hotel guests.

However another layer of this is that Universal honestly releases tickets pretty last minute for the event, so if you are planning a trip out of state with airfare to HHN and counting on ROF and it no longer exists. It would screw over those types of people.
Yes yes. I truly hate how late they release ticket info.

Reactions: MI1287
Super super light, short lines at midnight. Super short. By 1 am both yeti and dragons was zero wait. Literally zero. Stranger things was 10 minutes. Exorcist was zero wait.
Chucky was my longest one by 20 minutes tonight

So maybe frequent fear guests weren't the problem but it was rush of fear all along.

Last edited:
Agreeing with everything above. We had express, did ST S&S and had everything finished by 8:30 without rushing. We were even able to skip express on four houses and do them again.

Also had time to sit and snack, watch Nigtmare Fuel, and still be out by just after 11:00.

Agreeing with everything above. We had express, did ST S&S and had everything finished by 8:30 without rushing. We were even able to skip express on four houses and do them again.

Also had time to sit and snack, watch Nigtmare Fuel, and still be out by just after 11:00.
Which did you skip and redo with Express?

Reactions: Lucky Planet