Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally, I think Universal has kind of done this to themselves by opening Stranger Things so far in advance of other houses (hasn’t it been opening at 5:15?). It’s just bizarre how one zone has become wildly over-utilized compared to the others, especially since there’s been Stranger Things houses before.

It got too crowded for me about 5 years ago. We're not huge horror fans, so while HHN is a pretty good event, I don't anticipate going again, with the high level maxed out crowds.
It’s been similar for Hollywood with crowd levels for around the same time. I wonder if anything changed operationally (probably from higher ups) to cause these issues with both parks.

Express is pretty much mandatory. The wait times (save for Yeti) were perfectly acceptable. Some were walk ons.

Scare zones on the other hand are pretty unenjoyable now
What if you do the scare zones first? With express making the house waits workable? Do the zones start out so crowded you cant move?

The SF scare zone is completely unwalkable this year. Between people taking selfies and entire groups stopping right in the middle of the path it's a write off at this point.

The house attendants are GREAT this year not rushing people but it's time to put them in scare zones. If you're in the dead middle of the path KEEP WALKING.

11th house or two parks are huge leaps when they really just need to actually focus on maximizing what they have to work with in the one park. Stick a DJ in Animal Actors. Put a tent next to MIB with something other than a house in it. Get creative - it doesn’t need to be a full blown show, just get people off the walkways.
If there's no lagoon show, why not turn one path down there into a food court, throw some tables and chairs (this event needs more seating this year) in the other. Throw in a DJ and some walk-around characters or whatever, make it feel like a party. And get guests off the main paths. Or instead of a food court, one massive outdoor kitchen turning out the basics--burgers and pizza.

When is hell week this year?

Oct 13 - 15. Tho the weekend before is Columbus Day, so doubt it's much better. In other words, the worst is yet to come.

Should’ve been a one and a half park event with the parks being so dead during the day, JP to Suess. Spread out house entrances, add capacity and demand with IOA rides, more dining capacity, free up some USF rides for needed refurbs before Epic opens.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
This is my first year back since covid and it’s absolutely insane how crowded this is. They’ve set up some truly dangerous bottlenecks to get around construction. We did the RIP tour this year and I’m beyond glad we did, there’s no way this would’ve been an enjoyable experience otherwise. Absolutely mad.

F&B needs some props for ideas it’s clearly harder to scale this concept here without utilidors or backstage areas to move from the central kitchens quickly.

This is my first year back since covid and it’s absolutely insane how crowded this is. They’ve set up some truly dangerous bottlenecks to get around construction. We did the RIP tour this year and I’m beyond glad we did, there’s no way this would’ve been an enjoyable experience otherwise. Absolutely mad.

F&B needs some props for ideas it’s clearly harder to scale this concept here without utilidors or backstage areas to move from the central kitchens quickly.
Been coming since 2008. HHN's has outgrown the park. Came on Weds with RIP and was ok but even moving even with a RIP was tough. Thurs,Fri were insane and Saturday we left by 8 cuz of the crowds. No way as enjoyable as prior years. Don't have an answer but they have to something. Lines,even for food, not fun.

Been coming since 2008. HHN's has outgrown the park. Came on Weds with RIP and was ok but even moving even with a RIP was tough. Thurs,Fri were insane and Saturday we left by 8 cuz of the crowds. No way as enjoyable as prior years. Don't have an answer but they have to something. Lines,even for food, not fun.
Wow. Kinda making me wish I hadnt booked this year. Sounds like it's gonna be a nightmare trip.

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Will agree, the houses were legitimately hampered in spots due to how crowded things were. Back-ups completely stopping flow for 30+ seconds, esp in tents