Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How many times do the tents need to flood before they invest in a proper fix/new location for them?
Not disagreeing, but ironically enough, from what I've been told, the main issue for one of the houses closed last night was not the flooding, but rather a big issue with one of the newly setup platforms meant to address the flooding issues in the queue.

Last edited:
I wonder if they're taking a hard look at guest feedback beyond last night, and we might be seeing more "sell outs" in the next month and a half.
Put your tinfoil hat on, but tonight felt nothing like a sell-out (well, maybe Express, but even that was better than opening weekend). Entered at 6:30 with no wait. Food lines were long but not as long as they have been. Zones were as passable as they've been this year. Left at 11, non-headliners were under 60 minutes. Maybe two cars coming in, no rush of people leaving either. Exit traffic was almost light. Weather was perfect, so makes no sense, other than a cap.

I’ve been flooded out of Animal Actors. One would think they could update the drainage with DreamWorks construction. They would save on buying more squiggees and elevated ramps.

Put your tinfoil hat on, but tonight felt nothing like a sell-out (well, maybe Express, but even that was better than opening weekend). Entered at 6:30 with no wait. Food lines were long but not as long as they have been. Zones were as passable as they've been this year. Left at 11, non-headliners were under 60 minutes. Maybe two cars coming in, no rush of people leaving either. Exit traffic was almost light. Weather was perfect, so makes no sense, other than a cap.

Only signal of significant crowds - and even this seems like the new norm - is many mazes had not insignificant lines at 1:59am. Still got 18 done tonight, plus three rides and nightmare fuel, so gotta agree it was very manageable.

For some reason, though, and just a heads up for others, Death Eaters wrapped early, as did Gringotts. I entered at 11:15 thinking they’d both end at midnight, but… both were already done.

What is the deal with crowds this year?? I understand things are unpredictable but we're almost halfway through and it's like there's no consistency with waits and crowds and ops. A sold out night like SeventyOne and Clive described? It's bizarre to me

Reactions: SeventyOne
I wonder if they actually lowered the capacity or if their sellout cap accounted for a higher number of FFP’s/ROF’s…who didn’t end up showing up out of fear of the sell-out crowd

Imo, remove RoF pass completely and increase prices other passes by at least 50%. The infrastructure/staffing just isn’t there for more houses or going to a 2 park event. You need to start pricing more people out if your caps on attendance are too high.

I find it odd how often folks bring up RoF. RoF only last until 9/24, is a great option for hotel guest during those time frames. It's generally a way to bring more out in Sept (which can be considered a dress rehearsal for OCT by some).

I just do not get how RoF impacts the truly crowded times (October)?

Reactions: Chumpieboy
I think it’s more a question of whether the entire event is The Truly Crowded Time. as such, maybe the incentive of ROF is no longer necessary.

sure, but why RoF? The same could be said about FF, FFP, and Ultimate Fear.

Also, I still feel having a multi-day within the same week could/does help hotel occupancy (which I assume RoF is used more for than FF, FFP).

Reactions: jarmor and Jake S

Also, I still feel having a multi-day within the same week could/does help hotel occupancy (which I assume RoF is used more for than FF, FFP).
As someone who travels out of state to come to the event, it would be hard to justify going if there is not some kind of multi day ticket/ RoF option, which I’m sure is something Universal is aware of.

I think it's simply because it's offered at a lower price point. Forcing those who currently by Rush of Fear into buying a pricier Frequent Fear ticket would, theoretically, reduce demand.

And — agreed! I have previously stated my preference is for Universal to treat Horror Nights tickets the same way they treat their daytime tickets. Offer multi-day passes with specific date windows and staff the park accordingly.

I think it's simply because it's offered at a lower price point. Forcing those who currently by Rush of Fear into buying a pricier Frequent Fear ticket would, theoretically, reduce demand.
I figured lack of blackout dates also a factor. FWIW I also don't see how regular FF keeps Sundays when statistically they are the busiest nights. But I consider all of this just brainstorming, I'll leave it to Universal to hash out the details of what a new ticket might entail.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
As someone who travels out of state to come to the event, it would be hard to justify going if there is not some kind of multi day ticket/ RoF option, which I’m sure is something Universal is aware of.
Yup. Pricing out ROF + Express for us is ~$1100. We use it for the ~5 nights we come into town specifically for HHN. Individual tickets for those same nights with express is at least ~$2350 (just looking at the lowest price day tickets plus lowest-price express on the current calendar).

The first number is absolutely doable for us. The latter, not so much.

As long as the theoretical special HHN ticket options for out-of-towners matches the price of the small subset of the multi-night capacity that I actually use then I'm OK with changes.

Yup. Pricing out ROF + Express for us is ~$1100. We use it for the ~5 nights we come into town specifically for HHN. Individual tickets for those same nights with express is at least ~$2350 (just looking at the lowest price day tickets plus lowest-price express on the current calendar).

The first number is absolutely doable for us. The latter, not so much.

As long as the theoretical special HHN ticket options for out-of-towners matches the price of the small subset of the multi-night capacity that I actually use then I'm OK with changes.
My party and I (coming from PA) use the same logic for buying FFP (we just prefer to go in October). We go for over a week, equating to 6 HHN nights. So it’s more cost effective for us to get the FFP. We’d gladly pay a bit less for a 6 day option where we had to assign dates.

My party and I (coming from PA) use the same logic for buying FFP (we just prefer to go in October). We go for over a week, equating to 6 HHN nights. So it’s more cost effective for us to get the FFP. We’d gladly pay a bit less for a 6 day option where we had to assign dates.
I’m sure If the season passes start to become an issue this year, uni could just raise the prices another 30 percent, and Universal could start offering discount hhn tickets to hotel guests.

Agree with my fellow northeasterner, and I'll keep saying it until it happens: Weekly FFPs. Folks that feel the need to go 30+ nights should be paying more than the people that are coming for a week.

The FFPs (especially FFPs with Express) are way too good of a deal, even when you factor in food and drink sales.

I find it odd how often folks bring up RoF. RoF only last until 9/24, is a great option for hotel guest during those time frames. It's generally a way to bring more out in Sept (which can be considered a dress rehearsal for OCT by some).

I just do not get how RoF impacts the truly crowded times (October)?
It impacts october because people are getting in Friday and Saturday in September at an extremely lower cost when those are premium nights for any other pass or single night ticket. September isn’t a slow season anymore. HHN is just too popular for the current infrastructure and the only way, imo, to ensure a comfortable crowd level is to either make the FFP the ONLY way you can enjoy multiple nights or double the price of RoF. The entire run is premium and should be priced as such.

It impacts october because people are getting in Friday and Saturday in September at an extremely lower cost when those are premium nights for any other pass or single night ticket. September isn’t a slow season anymore. HHN is just too popular for the current infrastructure and the only way, imo, to ensure a comfortable crowd level is to either make the FFP the ONLY way you can enjoy multiple nights or double the price of RoF. The entire run is premium and should be priced as such.
If ROF was sold as a weekly ticket, the hotel guests can buy the week that they are there but would lower the frequency of locals going and using HHN as a hang out unless they buy all weeks. IMHO it would cut down the crowds without UNI losing revenue. Guests would stay longer and spend more (those $11+ beers). We came for HHN but would leave early every night due to excessive crowds and lines.