Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think that's probably intentional; look at the average wait times by night on thrill-data and it seems the sellouts were to target a consistent guest experience rather than pushing the absolute limits of what the event can handle.
If they really are adjusting capacity to ensure a more positive guest experience, good on them. We'll see how that goes as we get further into the season.

Also, it seems like the sell-outs are happening day-of and announced late afternoon. How many tickets are being sold to HHN during the actual event and are actually being shut out here? Or could it be to discourage ROF/FFP folks from coming?

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Also, it seems like the sell-outs are happening day-of and announced late afternoon. How many tickets are being sold to HHN during the actual event and are actually being shut out here? Or could it be to discourage ROF/FFP folks from coming?

Yeah, it seems like the "sell-outs" are more to encourage locals with Frequent Fear to not visit. So far, sell-out nights have been busy but not bonkers like some other non sell-out nights.

Man, it really did not seem like
sold out event tonight. In no way, shape, or form did it feel slow but it most definitely didn’t feel sold out to me. But neither did Thursday and Friday.

Agreed. Drove in around 7:30 again, One car ahead of me v. 50 minutes to park a week earlier. SF zone got packed but otherwise the park was walkable. Shortest Express and Standby lines I've seen at Oddfellow Food lines weren't terrible either. My first year HHN friend even commented that the crowd was the lightest he's seen this year.

David S. Pumpkins is my favorite thing this year and this year has easily some of my all-time favorite houses.
Where exactly is Pumpkins? Is it in the Peacock bar or elsewhere? I walked by the bar but didn’t see where the meet and greet would be unless it isn’t visible from the street

I feel like Billie is the "gold" standard in terms of vitriolic fan reactions, with the last two TWDs not too far behind. How would FN@F compare, I wonder?
FNAF will slap I don't care what people say. I've never played them, I don't know why there are like 19 of them, I don't know how it became as big as it did, but it's literally perfect for the event.

It's an atmospheric monster closet simulator designed around jumpscares. That's literally Halloween Horror Nights.

FNAF will slap I don't care what people say. I've never played them, I don't know why there are like 19 of them, I don't know how it became as big as it did, but it's literally perfect for the event.

It's an atmospheric monster closet simulator designed around jumpscares. That's literally Halloween Horror Nights.
Yeah the atmosphere of the first couple of games doesn't get enough credit IMO. Everything about it is unpleasant, and I mean that as a compliment. You can almost smell the vomit that naturally comes with Chuck E Cheese through the screen. Feels like something David Lynch would do at times.

(I guess Dollhouse of the Damned did something similar, though I didn't go through it...THAT'S the sort of thing HHN needs more of, something that relies on a stomach-churning atmosphere.)

Present USO management greed is killing their HHN brand with overcrowding. They really need to limit the number of days the incarnations of FF will allow a buyer to attend the festival. A drastic reduction of visits a pass allows, and passes available for sale, is needed for 2024 HHN....I'm an outsider opinion since I no longer attend HHN, so I don't have an individual vested interest one way or another. From my perspective, it looks like HHN will break if they don't fix this problem next year.

Present USO management greed is killing their HHN brand with overcrowding. They really need to limit the number of days the incarnations of FF will allow a buyer to attend the festival. A drastic reduction of visits a pass allows, and passes available for sale, is needed for 2024 HHN....I'm an outsider opinion since I no longer attend HHN, so I don't have an individual vested interest one way or another. From my perspective, it looks like HHN will break if they don't fix this problem next year.

I'd like for them to attempt increasing capacity via shows, maybe try opening ET (once you can move the parade queue/exit out), before making drastic decisions.

With that said, there's a good point to make that a significant amount of the crowds this year are there because of Stranger Things/Last of Us and we might not see these crowds next year depending on what IPs are utilized. It'll be busy, but not this busy if there's no major IP lineup next year.

I'd like for them to attempt increasing capacity via shows, maybe try opening ET (once you can move the parade queue/exit out), before making drastic decisions.

With that said, there's a good point to make that a significant amount of the crowds this year are there because of Stranger Things/Last of Us and we might not see these crowds next year depending on what IPs are utilized. It'll be busy, but not this busy if there's no major IP lineup next year.
It's easy to forget now, but this is probably the biggest 1-2 punch of an IP combo the event has ever had. Here's hoping this year is more of a "perfect storm" as opposed to the new normal.

They really should just go ahead and open up Simpsons for the rest of the season.

I was there on the “sold out” weekend last week. It really wasn’t that bad. Most I waited for express for like 20 mins for last of us and noticed the standard times were all under 90 minutes. Maybe they dropped the sell out threshold. No reason to freak out about greed and all that until we see the actual effects of this in the park. Is it busy? Yes. Was I overwhelmed last week? No. Really didn’t seem much different than last year.