Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HHN at IOA isn’t happening again. It doesn’t really have the infrastructure for it along with places being barren on themeing due to rights.
What about a combo ticket? You can get a hhn that also allows entrance to islands after 5pm? I would totally scoot over to islands for a couple of rides, or soak up Jurassic Park in the dark. No halloween theming needed.

Reactions: MI1287 and Tyr12
What about a combo ticket? You can get a hhn that also allows entrance to islands after 5pm? I would totally scoot over to islands for a couple of rides, or soak up Jurassic Park in the dark. No halloween theming needed.
That’s actually not a bad idea. Keep IOA open until 10.

I wasn't being rude just honest???
Peace Out Reaction GIF
no, you were being rude. cool it.

It would be interesting to know the distribution of visitation counts per ticket, meaning … are 0.5% of the Frequent Fear ticket holders accounting for like 15% of the Frequent Fear clicks by going something like 37 times when the average Frequent Fear ticket holder goes 8-9 nights. There have to be things like that happening where they could remove a disproportionate number of bodies from the park by instituting limits that barely impact anyone.

If you capped a FFP at something like 14 visits, I never would have hit that.

It would be interesting to know the distribution of visitation counts per ticket, meaning … are 0.5% of the Frequent Fear ticket holders accounting for like 15% of the Frequent Fear clicks by going something like 37 times when the average Frequent Fear ticket holder goes 8-9 nights. There have to be things like that happening where they could remove a disproportionate number of bodies from the park by instituting limits that barely impact anyone.

This is a pretty good option as well. Still presents some issues and doesn’t completely eliminate the “which of the 40 nights are they coming” factor. But it might be a good middle ground

FFP holders spend far more during their multiple visits than a single day person does.we

Yeah, We all see the big crowds and everyone gets mad at frequent fear passes. But I wonder how much universal makes from repeat visitors. Monetary wise I wonder how big would the drop be in spending, not only inside universal but around city walk, if they removed FFP. We don't see the numbers,
But universal could have removed or diminished the ffp and they never do. They never ever remove them or cut days. It's interesting.

Yeah, Here is just what I was just thinking,

Let's say you have a family or group of friends coming from Miami or Atlanta or something for a couple of days,

Let's say they wanna catch HHN in one day, they don't get express, just a single day ticket.

What house are they going to want to do, probably Stranger things, exorcist, Chucky, monsters. Those are probably the ones they want the most, ( and even if they get express, those lines are long too).

So the locals can come any time with FFP. We can visit on any day. We can arrive at 10 pm. We can go on Sundays, we can go any day, we can go weekdays,

But I've always felt bad for anyone out of Orlando that comes one time, they have to wait 2 hours in line and then they can't repeat it.

I personally benefit from FFP and don't want it to go away., but I feel bad for any guest coming out of Orlando. I wish there was a way to fix it.

I don't want ffp to go away but we could manage blocked days and blocked hours.
blocking days or hours can work to ease the crowds. I don't think riding prices of FFP would do anything at all. Everyone will pay.
This year alone right now I have skipped 5 hhn days so far since the beginning. Every year I skip like 10 or more days. Usually Sundays.

Honestly, the wait times don’t look worse than the 2009-11 days when it was almost impossible to wait less than 90 minutes for a house. This is what the event has always been. I think there are opportunities around crowd flow and line management for food booths, but that is an Ops issue and not a total attendance issue.

I think what people are feeling is Universal trying to price people out of the event. That was always going to have a lagging effect, meaning… people weren’t going to see the new prices and nope out of spending an extra $50-100 on the front end. It comes in the form of paying the higher price, feeling that it isn’t worth it anymore, and noping out the following years.
I can’t agree more. It takes time but eventually people are going to realize this is not an event I can go to several times a year.

From a business perspective I think Uni would be scared to limit FFP after some issues and backlash Disney got when they limited annual passes (and Uni took advantage of) I could see that they keep all passes the same, but raise the price of a one night ticket, and maybe introduce a 2 night ticket that would end up being a much better deal like saving 20 dollars a night compared to a one night ticket. While this may limit a lot of casual guests from visiting, I wouldn't be surprised if the math backs out that FFP passes spend more in the park, since they have more time to try all the food etc. So the net result would be same revenue but less guests in park.

I don't understand the consistent claims that Frequent Fear Passholders spend more than one- or two-night guests. A frequent fear passholder is far more likely to eat before the event starts, show up for Stay and Scream, get one or two drinks, do five houses, and leave when it gets packed. A one- or two-nighter is largely going to spend most of their evening there to get their money's worth, so they seem more likely to three to four drinks over the course of the evening, at least one full meal, and a souvenir or two.

This year, I got Ultimate Frequent Fear with Express for the first time, and haven't missed a single night so far (waiting in Dueling Dragons line while typing this!).

And really, I don't think taking away FFP or Ultimate will really do too much. The general feeling I've gotten is most of the busier, sold out nights have been from single night guests there for ST4 and TLoU, or just doing a single night out with friends to check out HHN.

We did ROF+Express this year and made the 3 hour drive each weekend, staying until at least midnight both Friday and Saturdays. I get we’re probably the exception, but I would hate to see this option go away

This year, I got Ultimate Frequent Fear with Express for the first time, and haven't missed a single night so far (waiting in Dueling Dragons line while typing this!).

And really, I don't think taking away FFP or Ultimate will really do too much. The general feeling I've gotten is most of the busier, sold out nights have been from single night guests there for ST4 and TLoU, or just doing a single night out with friends to check out HHN.
Right - and you wanna make sure the people there for one night get the most of that one night.

Right - and you wanna make sure the people there for one night get the most of that one night.
And I fully agree, but my point is I'm not sure if taking away FFP will really do too much about that. Either way, ST4 and TLoU are probably still gonna have 2-hour lines every night.

And I fully agree, but my point is I'm not sure if taking away FFP will really do too much about that. Either way, ST4 and TLoU are probably still gonna have 2-hour lines every night.

I think it absolutely would. It would reduce crowding and lines across the board, particularly in the express queues that have been egregiously overrun this season. I get you’re making the most of your pass and don’t want the option to experience the event the way you presently do to change, but I think almost everyone here recognizes something has to give.

Maybe eliminating the express option would be enough. Part of why those lines are as long as they are is the backed up express queues.

I think it absolutely would. It would reduce crowding and lines across the board, particularly in the express queues that have been egregiously overrun this season. I get you’re making the most of your pass and don’t want the option to experience the event the way you presently do to change, but I think almost everyone here recognizes something has to give.

Maybe eliminating the express option would be enough. Part of why those lines are as long as they are is the backed up express queues.
Fair points.

One option I'd like to propose is ditching FF and FFP. Rush of Fear already gives you every night in September, so cut the annual passes to either that or UFP: Every night in September (value) or every night in general (go all in, but it's gonna be very pricey).

I think that would not only help crowds but also keep two options for the megafans that want to go over and over.