Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but wasn't sure if we can openly talk about them. Don't want to risk losing either of those
I genuinely hope it’s Chucky again. Anarchy!!!

And if talking about tLoU means we lose it, I say shout it from the rooftops! (Yes, I fully realize this is just me and the show and game are beloved and critically acclaimed. But I get to be weird, darn it!)

I feel like they're dropping the Exorcist teaser the same week as Insidious, maybe another trailer with The Nun. I feel like they'd wait until after the trailer gets released to announce.

I'm gonna guess Last of Us, then Blumhouse (to tie in with Insidious), then Exorcist.

Reactions: Clive
I feel like they're dropping the Exorcist teaser the same week as Insidious, maybe another trailer with The Nun. I feel like they'd wait until after the trailer gets released to announce.

I'm gonna guess Last of Us, then Blumhouse (to tie in with Insidious), then Exorcist.
You know, I totally forgot about the nun. I know it’s Warner Bros. but with all the discussion of them doing work with somebody they’ve never done work with before the September 8 release date works pretty well in their favor.

While the first movie wasn’t that great to me, I think the character, and when she was used in the conjuring itself were very scary.

Maybe! I just think they're running the Halloween (2018) playbook pretty closely thus far with Exorcist: Believer.

Halloween (2018) shows first footage privately at CinemaCon on April 25, 2018. Releases first trailer June 8, 2018. Puts the trailer before The First Purge when it releases July 4, 2018. Second trailer drops September 5, 2018. Movie comes out October 19th.

Exorcist: Believer showed first footage privately at CinemaCon on April 26, 2023. Trailer drops potentially mid June. Put the trailer before Insidious when it releases July 7, 2023. Second trailer could drop early September and air before Nun 2 which drops September 8, 2023. Movie comes out October 13th.

Anything is possible though. I'm strictly talking out of my ass and speculating. A trailer doesn't even necessarily equal an HHN announcement after all :lmao:

Maybe! I just think they're running the Halloween (2018) playbook pretty closely thus far with Exorcist: Believer.

Halloween (2018) shows first footage privately at CinemaCon on April 25, 2018. Releases first trailer June 8, 2018. Puts the trailer before The First Purge when it releases July 4, 2018. Second trailer drops September 5, 2018. Movie comes out October 19th.

Exorcist: Believer showed first footage privately at CinemaCon on April 26, 2023. Trailer drops potentially mid June. Put the trailer before Insidious when it releases July 7, 2023. Second trailer could drop early September and air before Nun 2 which drops September 8, 2023. Movie comes out October 13th.

Anything is possible though. I'm strictly talking out of my ass and speculating. A trailer doesn't even necessarily equal an HHN announcement after all :lmao:

No, it's a good guess! I didn't mean to shut you down, I'm just spitballing like everyone else lol.

I just don't think they'd want to drop Exorcist footage until they have a proper film to attach it to, and there isn't really one until Insidious. The timelines just don't quite match up for an announcement on the 15th.

Reactions: Jake S
No, it's a good guess! I didn't mean to shut you down, I'm just spitballing like everyone else lol.

I just don't think they'd want to drop Exorcist footage until they have a proper film to attach it to, and there isn't really one until Insidious. The timelines just don't quite match up for an announcement on the 15th.
Psh no need to apologize! That’s what spec is for. I totally get your logic here.

And you can add me to the list of people not looking forward to Exorcist lol.

Quality of film doesn’t always equal quality of house.
To add to this:

Good property does not equal good house (Stranger Things 2/3)

Bad property does not equal bad house (Dead Silence)

It’s all about design and cast

Everyone keeps saying they don’t like the Chucky series, but I would never count a property out as the IP doesn’t matter as much as the execution

Bad films don’t always make bad houses, but it’s telling that the example folks reach for is Dead Silence, 16 years old (I totally agree with the example, incidentally). Examples of bad films or TV making bad houses are plentiful - Dracula Untold, Doomsday, Walking Dead…. While exceptions do exist, I think it’s more fair to say that good properties don’t always make good houses, but bad properties usually make bad houses.

Exorcist is also a particular case because the subject matter is so difficult to translate to a house, the designers need every bit of help they can get from the property.

It doesn’t matter much - we get ten houses so a few stinkers are more than acceptable. You just have to hope they’re bad in interesting ways, which is the next best thing to being good!

Also, I don’t remember Halloween 2018 screening poorly - there was a great deal of positive buzz around it, as I recall.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Status
Not open for further replies.