Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 342 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hotter than normal in Florida this year, is Universal going to add mist fans to Stay & Scream/Queue locations? It's hot every year, but we've gotten daily heat advisories for the past few weeks now and there's no sign of a drop off in the next week or two.

Hoping they plan accordingly with a mass of guests in black shirts arriving next week

Question: are we still expecting an Oddfellow video of some sort?

I would have imagined it would have been this last Scream Squad video, and yet, here we are…

It would be interesting if each coast got their own finale to the Scream Squad. Hollywood with Exterminatorz, Monstruos, or Holidayz and Orlando with Oddfellow. There is still one member who is seemingly alive at the end.
I doubt at this point we will get a formal reveal type video, being less than a week or so out, but I have been curious about this too, mainly because of how close to the chest they have been playing Oddfellow's appearance.

I know we have a look at him in animated form on the house logo, as well as the sticker decal set, and a partial view of him on the shirts, but part of me wonders why they haven't given us a proper look at him IRL yet. Not even in a formal announcement video necessarily, but just in general?

To offer an answer to my own question I am curious if they are doing this from both a (future) casting and character design perspective? Less human, or more heavily made up icons (such as Jack and Chance) we tend to see trotted out flesh and blood more often than the "human with small alterations" icons (Storyteller and Lady Luck outside of their monstrous forms are just a grey haired old lady and a glamorous red head in a green dress). The imagery and character design behind these icons is well known, but that's used far more often than the actual characters themselves. In this way, it makes it easier to cast "off model" because people already know what iconic accessories to associate with the characters (you see a camera, a flashlight, a book, you know who you are dealing with), and so less of a dead ringer is needed.

Oddfellow seems to have been written to try and subvert these pitfalls, with the canonical form shifting and such, but he does boil down to a guy in a suit with symbols and a scar on his face, a handlebar mustache, and (presumably) a cane of souls. I am curious if they have been shy about showing him because they are trying to embed this imagery first and foremost without tying public perception of the character to one specific actor?

Reactions: GA-MBIT and garpeel
It's hotter than normal in Florida this year, is Universal going to add mist fans to Stay & Scream/Queue locations? It's hot every year, but we've gotten daily heat advisories for the past few weeks now and there's no sign of a drop off in the next week or two.

Hoping they plan accordingly with a mass of guests in black shirts arriving next week
I've been begging for this for years. Those holding areas in the beating sun are not for the weak

I've been begging for this for years. Those holding areas in the beating sun are not for the weak
Yeah after last year I think we’re just going to forgo stay and scream and pregame in city walk. The animal actors area was fine if you got a table but even then when you line up to start moving it’s rough. Got an Apple Watch alert last year as my HR was so high because it was so cramped and no air movement.

The Merch so far has been a little underwhelming. Haven’t seen anything I like except the Oddfellow T-shirt. Last year this time, I had already bought a few items. Maybe they are going for that 90s T-shirt look. The flannel was so cool last year, not for me this year.

893AFFDF-338C-4512-BBC8-1BAE79E94365.jpeg

The Merch so far has been a little underwhelming. Haven’t seen anything I like except the Oddfellow T-shirt. Last year this time, I had already bought a few items. Maybe they are going for that 90s T-shirt look. The flannel was so cool last year, not for me this year.

View attachment 19556

It looks like someone puked on my 70$ flannel
Oddfellow spilled the Bleach !

• Haha
Reactions: garpeel and Alsands
Yeah after last year I think we’re just going to forgo stay and scream and pregame in city walk. The animal actors area was fine if you got a table but even then when you line up to start moving it’s rough. Got an Apple Watch alert last year as my HR was so high because it was so cramped and no air movement.
Yeah, we have dinner reservations for 6 PM each of those nights. We'll eat dinner in Citywalk then make our way in. Hopefully by that time the front gate crowds are mostly gone!

(We also want to dedicate 1 evening to staying in IOA until close)

That’s exactly why I don’t really do stay and scream. The lowest feels like temp for the dates I’m there is 110, hoping that they do add mist / fans not only in ss but in house queues as well.

This is why Springfield is the best

That and Richter's was open last year with nice A/C as well and very little crowds.

Stay & Scream in NY has gotten so popular over the last few years that there's almost no advantage to it anymore unless you are the first hundred or so that show up the moment it opens.

That’s exactly why I don’t really do stay and scream. The lowest feels like temp for the dates I’m there is 110, hoping that they do add mist / fans not only in ss but in house queues as well.

i guess an umbrella and one of these would help

lASV7o0.png

That and Richter's was open last year with nice A/C as well and very little crowds.

Stay & Scream in NY has gotten so popular over the last few years that there's almost no advantage to it anymore unless you are the first hundred or so that show up the moment it opens.
Don’t some of the houses open at 5:15-5:30…. I think that’s a pretty big advantage if they are not allowing the general public in until 6:15-6:30.

Reactions: Tbad556
Don’t some of the houses open at 5:15-5:30…. I think that’s a pretty big advantage if they are not allowing the general public in until 6:15-6:30.
What we found last year was that Halloween opened at 5:30, BUT once you were out of that, you had to stay in the New York area until the front gates opened.

I wanted to run across the park to the tents or Blum since most of the NY area doesn’t open until 6:30, but that was a no go.

I am not sure if this will still be the case this year.

What we found last year was that Halloween opened at 5:30, BUT once you were out of that, you had to stay in the New York area until the front gates opened.

I wanted to run across the park to the tents or Blum since most of the NY area doesn’t open until 6:30, but that was a no go.

I am not sure if this will still be the case this year.
It probably will be but you can hit the other houses in NY area after Stranger Things. I personally use the hotel guest entrance which the only downfall is you have to go through the house to get in … Hellblock last year and I’m assuming Blood moon this year.

It probably will be but you can hit the other houses in NY area after Stranger Things. I personally use the hotel guest entrance which the only downfall is you have to go through the house to get in … Hellblock last year and I’m assuming Blood moon this year.
when does the hotel guest entrance open? I assume it closes with the park and re-opens when horror nights begins?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I feel like some of y'all are drastically undervaluing S&S hah. I post these every year, but this is one of my runs from last year as an example:

September 9th:
  • Halloween: 5:18
  • Coven: 5:37
  • Blumhouse: 5:52
  • Bugs: 6:06
  • DoD: 6:14
  • Monsters: 6:33
  • The Weeknd: 6:54
  • Hellblock: 7:18
  • Dead Man's Pier: 7:55

That's 5 houses done by 6:30 opening time and 9 houses done before 8 PM. The sun suuuucks, but the amount of progress you can make without express is worth it.

For what it's worth, I've done Springfield Stay and Scream every year since 2010 and have always had a better experience than when I've tried NY the same visit.

I have a personal umbrella that fits in my cargo shorts that I'll use to block out the sun, and just chill off to the side until things start moving for the haunts. Yeah, the heat get's brutal for a bit, but as long as you're prepared with water / mister / umbrella / sunglasses, it really isn't too bad.

At least last year I was able to hit up The Weeknd (1 run) and Monsters (2 runs) before the tents opened, and still do DoD and Bugs (2 runs each) and Blumhouse (1 run) by 6:30pm, and then Chubacabra and Coven (1 run each) by 7:30pm.

I can't comment on the success of the smaller zones, but given how packed I'm assuming NY will be this year with Stranger Things and Dueling Dragons up front, Springfield is worth it. Trying to queue up for Stranger Things 2019 with Stay and Scream was just nuts.

I feel like some of y'all are drastically undervaluing S&S hah. I post these every year, but this is one of my runs from last year as an example:

September 9th:
  • Halloween: 5:18
  • Coven: 5:37
  • Blumhouse: 5:52
  • Bugs: 6:06
  • DoD: 6:14
  • Monsters: 6:33
  • The Weeknd: 6:54
  • Hellblock: 7:18
  • Dead Man's Pier: 7:55

That's 5 houses done by 6:30 opening time and 9 houses done before 8 PM. The sun suuuucks, but the amount of progress you can make without express is worth it.
Not undervaluing the time savings. More of the comfort of actually doing it. We are religious with doing it but it’s to the point it’s too dang hot to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.