Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 352 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as it’s been a couple hours now, how is TM preview going?(I know we have a separate thread for it but I want to avoid any spoilers from it)

Exorcist - scariest. Dragons made someone cry of happiness. Chucky repetitive. Last of us not very scary but beautiful.

I mean, I expect to be startled a good bit. "Scared" isn't the best word, but I know what people mean.

A haunted house with bad jump scares is just a pretty ride queue

It's pretty rare that a Halloween Horror Nights house actually scares me or gets under my skin - if the house can achieve its desired atmosphere and present some great jumps, I'm generally satisfied.

The only houses that have ever genuinely got under my skin that I can think of off the top of my head include Dead Exposure, Hollywood's 2016 Exorcist, Hollywood's 2016 Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Evil Dead 2013, arguably Dead End and Dracula 2009, maybe the original HAVOC and parts of Catacombs. It's a short list. Graveyard Games probably would've hit my personal list had I seen it.

Am I crazy for not judging the houses based on scariness? None of this stuff scares me lol

I mean, I expect to be startled a good bit. "Scared" isn't the best word, but I know what people mean.

A haunted house with bad jump scares is just a pretty ride queue

I think it could be rated based on energy and intensity? Or scare set ups?
Scarecrow scared a lot of people. Even people I personally know. They got really really scared or startled on scarecrow.

Personally I got really scared on the dracula house of 2009. And 2007 the thing. Original dead exposure too, Those two made me really really scared back then.

I think that if people rate a house on scariness it might just be on energy and intensity. How hard and how fast the actors are. Or how scary the costume is.

I think it could be rated based on energy and intensity? Or scare set ups?
Scarecrow scared a lot of people. Even people I personally know. They got really really scared or startled on scarecrow.
Yea, I think cast intensity/timing is what I call "Scariness" at the event.

And Scarecrow is the GOAT house in that respect for my money. The only house that I actually fell down because an actor got me so good. But Legends Collide last year came closest to being on that level for me.

It's pretty rare that a Halloween Horror Nights house actually scares me or gets under my skin - if the house can achieve its desired atmosphere and present some great jumps, I'm generally satisfied.

The only houses that have ever genuinely got under my skin that I can think of off the top of my head include Dead Exposure, Hollywood's 2016 Exorcist, Hollywood's 2016 Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Evil Dead 2013, arguably Dead End and Dracula 2009, maybe the original HAVOC and parts of Catacombs. It's a short list. Graveyard Games probably would've hit my personal list had I seen it.

I stopped visiting Graveyard games halfway through the event because of how uncomfortable it was. It wasn't the intensity of the actors but the entire house felt morbid. Decaying . Kinda gross in a creepy dark way. Really really uncomfortable. I think I had nightmares around that time. The baby room specifically made me stop.
It was the subject matter and decorations and sounds . Entire thing was too morbid. ( not a bad house, just uncomfortable) the corpse cellphone girl at the end grossed me out too.
I was really disturbed by that corpse lol

As soon as I saw Skip's post I knew you'd make an appearance to dunk on Graveyard Games...

...but just goes to show you that scariness can be subjective! People are frightened by different things!
My problem with GG was that each time I went through it, it felt like there were maybe 2 scareactors in it every time. I could see how it could have been good...but staffing killed it for me.

• Sad
Reactions: Sledge
As soon as I saw Skip's post I knew you'd make an appearance to dunk on Graveyard Games...

...but just goes to show you that scariness can be subjective! People are frightened by different things!
By happenstance, he and I posted simultaneously. This is why we've been great friends for 10+ years (wild).

And see I thought Graveyard Games was one of the most disappointing houses of all time for me.

:lmao:

Forever questioning if I went through the same Graveyard Games as literally everyone else.

To be honest the masks were kinda cheesy, not scary
but, I guess it felt too much like a real mortuary and cemetery and it felt too real. The smell and sounds and set design itself grossed me out . It wasn't the actors that scared me at all
I don't think I could walk that House alone by myself even without actors. At some point in the month I was like, " nope. I just gotta skip this from now on"
It really was the set and props that creeped me out.
The only other house that creeped me out like that was original SAW. Those sets freaked me out so much.

Last edited:
And we are judging the scariness of houses based on the experience of a conga line crowd, Surrounded by people. But, doing houses alone, then EVERY house becomes terrifying.

I'm always so nervous. puppet theater had really freaky rooms when done alone. Maybe that's why the Thing in 2007 terrified me so much. I was literally sweating out of fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.