Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 280 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chucky called me a pencil neck in 2018, I still have yet to recover…
28-29 had a amazing music loops; I specially liked how they played some IP’s music in 2018 making them more present at the event. Evil synth belongs at the event
HHN 30 was a missed opportunity; it was a short list of stock metal music that got old fast; it worked in the gate entrance but the rest of the park it was tedious.
31’s was cool for the mood and overall theme; but the music itself was ehhh

You actually bring up an interesting point for 30, the loop worked for the front gate, but not so much inside the park. Some songs just work better as hyping you up as you enter the park, but other songs work better in providing a general vibe as you're walking around.

That's a factor on why the synth of 28 & 29 worked so well, synth is great music to walk to, sit back and chill/eat/drink etc, so it makes for a great parkwide loop. It just works, and also both of those years had a very sizable loop, too. That helped make sure you really didn't hear one song over and over...

For the industrial music of 30, for me I do like that genre, so I was fine with it. But I do agree it does work better as entrance music.

As for 31, I am fine with rockabilly/psychobilly, but for me the song choices were hit and miss. And something which didn't help was the very short length of a Main Gate + Parkwide loop. From what I've seen the loop was less than an hour, that would explain why it felt like we all heard "Sticks & Stones" (aka "We are the Sinners, We are the Saints...") ad nauseum. Compare this to 29 where the loop was at least 1 and a half hours, and then there's 28 which had a total MONSTER of a loop which was at least 3 and a half hours!

Hopefully with the return of Stranger Things we'll get some more synth, I don't know it that's gonna' be the focus like 28 and 29 due to the IP's and such of this year, but if we really are getting the Exorcist, we can at least get Tubular Bells which always slaps as a theme.

Are we expecting the resort entrance to work as a sort of outside the park stay and scream again this year ? It was very nice being able to walk straight into hell block last year at 5:30 and then have access to the other stay and scream locations

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
Are we expecting the resort entrance to work as a sort of outside the park stay and scream again this year ? It was very nice being able to walk straight into hell block last year at 5:30 and then have access to the other stay and scream locations
My stepbrother and I had no idea this was happening. We used the resort entrance and we’re walking into where we thought was a line for a house and it was a house. We were walking into the house when we realized. It was nice to get 10% of the houses done before the park even opened, but we weren’t mentally prepared for a house yet.

That’s supposed to be the Rumored Bigfoot house this year, so we’ll see.

I’m sure it will. I never used it last year as I’m a UOAP so I always did S&S in the park, but I heard it went really well. So I’m sure it will be back.

I'm sure no matter what we can all agree that a longer park loop would be ideal! I personally loved hearing "Another way outttt..." after exiting each house but for someone that doesn't vibe with it I'm sure it got pretty obnoxious!

Reactions: HHN Maddux
What was odd about last year's loop selection was that it was short & had no real connection to the "classic Halloween" vibe they were trying to pull off last year.

Also, not sure about everyone, but not a fan of music loops with lyrics... it should be instrumental.
This is very true. A background loop needs to be background - you shouldn’t be able to easily say, “oh, I’ve heard this bit 21 times tonite.” This makes lyrics a real bad idea. Unobtrusive atmosphere is what you need.

None of that goes for scarezones, of course - pile on the pop or other relevant tunes there. Vamp 69 better be full of them. New York had a great soundtrack last year… out of curiosity, I wonder how it’s length compared to that of the general soundtrack.

For the crossroads house you can see the facade forming.

The facade is supposed to be a swamp house complete with a tin roof. Rumors are that the location is Louisiana and not Georgia.

View attachment 19239
Interesting connection if Sprung 1 actually takes place in Louisiana: Oddfellow had Jack killed and his body stuffed in his box. The box was found in a Louisiana junkyard.

Oddfellow and Crossroads are located directly next to each other. Is this a weird and pointless post? Probably lol, but I do find it interesting that both Sprung houses have ties to Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.