Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll be curious to see how crowds at Stay and Scream distribute this year. Usually, it was always New York where the heavy-hitting IPs were at. And while Stranger Things will still be there, I suspect Springfield will be just as busy if that ends up being the best spot to wait for The Last Of Us.

Will probably be a similar scenario last year with NY being the more popular one and Central Park/Springfield being busy, but not as insane.

They should really try to "preload" the queue for Stranger Things with S&S guests this year. Last year they were expecting The Weeknd to be the more popular house so they were fully prepared for it, meanwhile, Halloween's queue snaked around NY and the setup team had difficulty moving the props for Sweet Revenge last year. It was fun to watch them move massive amounts of people while moving in the parade floats.

Reactions: DannyPowers
Would you guys say it's 100% worth it to upgrade a FFP to include express?
If you can afford the upgrade, go for it! Having express allows you to truly experience the event at your own pace. You don't have to worry about getting there early, you're not fretting about how long the lines are for the houses. You'll be able to hit up all ten houses each night at least once with no problem, regardless of how big the crowds are. If that all sounds good to you and you can afford it, upgrade to express.

Hi all, some advice people, we have attended the event since 2018 with FFP/ROF but this year will be first time using ROF+ express. We are visiting for 7 days from the 3rd Sept.

Historically we have always used stay and scream areas as usually plan to leave at 10PM.

With the addition of Fast pass is this still recommended or not really needed as plan to do each house at least once during the 3 nights we attend with express?

First year visiting for the event after having to cancel last year, will we be able to do every house in one night if we have express pass?
yeah if you plan it out, definitely yes. you kinda have to plan out what your Must See houses are, but i think so yes.
A question I'm mulling over is how to keep energy over the night. I don't wanna overexert myself, but I have 3 days, and I don't get to come much, so I wanna get as much as I can out of it. I was initially thinking about rationing an energy drink throughout the night(s), but I wanna know if there are any better ideas.
everyone else gave some really excellent advice but i could add a couple more. can apply to both of these questions,
1. from 6 PM to 8 PM the lines are not as bad, but from 8 to around 11 pm some houses will be 2 hours or longer in line, and the Express will be long as well. you will have to figure out which houses you really really want to see. maybe check our reviews to see what people are saying. (the point is that sometimes you gotta prioritize depending on the line and the quality)
after midnight, the original houses tend to go down, specially in the back of the park. shorter lines.
2. if you wanna do the Fire dance show, make sure to have the times written down. and arrive 30 minutes before it starts, thats a good way to rest and get good seats. thats a good 30 minutes of resting and the show is cool.
3. about getting tired, it might not even be your feet that gets tired but the heat and humidity will get you. sometimes the lines are very hot, all that people together, feels like a sauna sometimes. Your idea for the energy drink is good. you could always ask for ice around the park. or iced water in a cup. sometimes the heat is what gets me tired. i'll drink like 5 cups of ice water around the park lol. constant cold water.
-comfortable shoes, light clothes, plan out your trip, try to avoid the sun from 6 to 8 pm. Obviously you want to do as much as you c an, but taking breaks to sit down are important and the fire dance show is a great way to rest And see the show.
Hello all! Was not planning on going this year because I live across the country now and had already planned on going to Disney for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon. I saw that November 3 is one of the last dates for HHN and turns out to be when I fly in. I’ve been going every year since 2008 but have always went at the very beginning of the season. How are crowds typically that Nov Friday? Wondering if I should add express.
other years i would say that nov 3 would be pretty light in crowds, but the past few years its getting crazier. sometimes the last day of HHN gets really really crowded. being a friday i think it will be crowded just because of being a friday. more and more people are becoming fans of the event and more and more people are going .
it all depends if they allow frequent fear pass people inside. If they allow frequent fear passes then yes, it will be very crowded (i would definitely be there for example lol :lmao: )

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hi all, some advice people, we have attended the event since 2018 with FFP/ROF but this year will be first time using ROF+ express. We are visiting for 7 days from the 3rd Sept.

Historically we have always used stay and scream areas as usually plan to leave at 10PM.

With the addition of Fast pass is this still recommended or not really needed as plan to do each house at least once during the 3 nights we attend with express?
We're in the same boat actually - our first year doing ROF. We'll have 5 nights of HHN and we've decided to do S&S only on the 1st night (because we're impatient)

And for those asking if Express is worth it - emphatically yes. We got it for the first time in 2019 and haven't gone without Express since. It spoils you greatly

First year visiting for the event after having to cancel last year, will we be able to do every house in one night if we have express pass?
I only did one night on 2018 with Express, and managed to do multiple run of the tent/parade houses, and did all the New York/Shrek houses in less than an hour…. On a sold out night

Ice/water is always free from the Coke freestyle machines regardless if you have a freestyle cup. But ice will frequently run out of these machines throughout the night.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Just to calm some who are worried about not getting Express, you can still do it if you are able to visit 2 nights. You can still hit most original houses (with the exception of the most popular one, which this year will probably be Dueling Dragons) before 8PM. Between 8PM and 11PM, it's utter mayhem and I'd take this time to enjoy the scare zone ambiance, shows, food, etc. At 11PM some of the originals start to slow down in wait-times and you can hit them once more. Once you feel satisfied with the originals and an IP or two, I'd get in line for the major IP (Stranger Things/Last of Us) at park close or as your last house for the night.

Just know, the days of doing everything without express in a single night are pretty much gone unless you are running around the park and waiting in 2-hour lines for the IPs, which IMO is not fun.

If you visit 1 night, and need to fit in all the houses and want to hit all of the IPs, get express.
If you visit 1 night, but don't really care for most IPs, don't really need express.
If you visit more than 1 night, you don't need express.

If you're buying a multi-night ticket and plan to go opening weekend, do it ASAP. As was discussed months ago, you need to pick the date your pass will "activate." Friday (9/1) already blocked out for FFPX if you haven't reserved your first day yet. My guess is Saturday will soon follow, maybe even Sunday.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Ice/water is always free from the Coke freestyle machines regardless if you have a freestyle cup. But ice will frequently run out of these machines throughout the night.

Any food stand that has a soda fountain should give you a courtesy cup of ice water if you ask, too. Plus last year I saw trays of water cups put out at Moe's Tavern (though that may vary by how busy they are and who's behind the bar).

If you're buying a multi-night ticket and plan to go opening weekend, do it ASAP. As was discussed months ago, you need to pick the date your pass will "activate." Friday (9/1) already blocked out for FFPX if you haven't reserved your first day yet. My guess is Saturday will soon follow, maybe even Sunday.

I just checked out two FFP for Friday 9/1. So that is not true.