Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Would it be a better idea to use NY Stay and Scream to do Dueling Dragons with no express? Is that possible? I definitely would like to do DD twice for both paths, banging it out once early without express would make that much easier, and hopefully we'd be able to hit Stanger Things later using express. Not sure if I could convince my party to stay until 2:00 for the shorter late night house lines haha
If you have express do anything else that you can get in with little to no wait. You can probably get through 2 or three houses before using express.

Would it be a better idea to use NY Stay and Scream to do Dueling Dragons with no express? Is that possible? I definitely would like to do DD twice for both paths, banging it out once early without express would make that much easier, and hopefully we'd be able to hit Stanger Things later using express. Not sure if I could convince my party to stay until 2:00 for the shorter late night house lines haha

Yes I think that may be a smarter plan of attack. You may also be able to get exorcist done. So 2 houses done in the time you’d get stranger things done

Reactions: DodgsonHere
Also, I'm guessing it isn't possible, but can you pay to upgrade to Unlimited if you have a FFP with Express?
They don’t advertise or sell the unlimited express online, but it’s been available at the parks since at least 2019 in my experience. I’m unsure if you can upgrade your entire pass to unlimited, but I know that you can’t upgrade for a single night if you just wanted to do that once. If you have a single night express ticket, you can pay the difference in person to have it upgraded.

Reactions: dxwwf3
Update from today - queue for NY stay and scream was up to sting alley by 3:30. Have just joined the stranger things queue just by the mummy at the end of the first holding area. No shade so going to be fun!

Reactions: SeventyOne
These S&S pens need portable misters and options for shade, especially with how early it seems like guests are lining up this year.
Please, take my advice and HYDRATE before and during S&S. Water/Gatorade/etc. count. Soda/Beer/Energy Drinks do not. There are too many guests who pass out from heat exhaustion/dehydration each year.

With no scareactor dining, do they open up the indoor seating at Louie's this year? Getting that and the NY Arcade open would be two simple ways to provide shade and AC for guests in S&S who don't want to bake in the sun.

With no scareactor dining, do they open up the indoor seating at Louie's this year? Getting that and the NY Arcade open would be two simple ways to provide shade and AC for guests in S&S who don't want to bake in the sun.

No idea on Louie's, but the arcade was saved for managers who were afraid to be out in the rain during Friday's storm, while they left front-line TMs outside in the rain with no protection.

• Angry
Reactions: SeventyOne
Potentially contentious question (I know people get riled up about the fact that it's even allowed in the park lol) but I was wondering if anyone can tell me the designated smoking areas at the event this year? I'm going with a smoker and in years past I know there were several designated areas (Gramercy, between Central Park and Simpsons, one by Fear Factor and maybe one or 2 more) but I believe this has changed and designated areas have been reduced. Upon checking the map, I can only see Gramercy listed as one currently. Is this the only location, including during stay and scream? We usually do Simpsons stay and scream and he could use the one near there during this time...would be helpful to know if this has been altered so we can plan accordingly. Thank you :)

To bring back parking chat: I really hate driving past rows and rows of empty parking on the ground floor to sit in the single file line to park. The best parking tip I've found is driving an antique Mercedes really helps you find your car in the sea of hybrids, Teslas, and other econoboxes.

373082852_3412561858996467_6482623074247878726_n.jpg

They don’t advertise or sell the unlimited express online, but it’s been available at the parks since at least 2019 in my experience. I’m unsure if you can upgrade your entire pass to unlimited, but I know that you can’t upgrade for a single night if you just wanted to do that once. If you have a single night express ticket, you can pay the difference in person to have it upgraded.
In 2019, it was my experience that they would NOT let you pay to upgrade your Express to unlimited Express. I had to go to Customer Service to get a refund after I had purchased the unlimited Express. Has anyone had the personal experience of just paying the difference at the Express sales counter?

Update from today - queue for NY stay and scream was up to sting alley by 3:30. Have just joined the stranger things queue just by the mummy at the end of the first holding area. No shade so going to be fun!
So when the people in line get into the stay and scream are they going straight into the first holding zone for stranger things which they then block off?

Question for those who attended the event: how would you rank the houses in terms of intensity? I definitely try to go low intensity to high intensity to “warm up”. I know this is a very subjective question, but appreciate the input!

Also apologies if this isn’t the right thread. It falls under planning for me, but could be a review for others :)

So when the people in line get into the stay and scream are they going straight into the first holding zone for stranger things which they then block off?
There seemed to be one smaller holding area, followed by the second much bigger and longer holding area which snaked outside Jimmy fallon then back to mummy (beside first holding area), then down to transformers, back up to Finnegans, etc.

For context when I was let into the queue itself was held just by the entrance to the house before the final switchback. Was in within 5/10 mins once the house opened. Allowed me to do duelling dragons twice, then straight on to yeti when that opened at 6. So ultimately was worth it for me, but was a long wait

There seemed to be one smaller holding area, followed by the second much bigger and longer holding area which snaked outside Jimmy fallon then back to mummy (beside first holding area), then down to transformers, back up to Finnegans, etc.

For context when I was let into the queue itself was held just by the entrance to the house before the final switchback. Was in within 5/10 mins once the house opened. Allowed me to do duelling dragons twice, then straight on to yeti when that opened at 6. So ultimately was worth it for me, but was a long wait
But you got in line for the stay and scream at 330 and went right to the stranger things line after entering? As in there was zero wandering around from anyone before the house line formed?

These S&S pens need portable misters and options for shade, especially with how early it seems like guests are lining up this year.
Please, take my advice and HYDRATE before and during S&S. Water/Gatorade/etc. count. Soda/Beer/Energy Drinks do not. There are too many guests who pass out from heat exhaustion/dehydration each year.

On Sunday, I was told Louie’s would open once the regular day guests were cleared out. They anticipated it would open around 5. The arcade doors were also open.