Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
First year I’ve had problems predicting crowds.

Best advice this year is Stranger Things S&S as it opens the earliest, hopefully get out before 6 to run through Dueling Dragons/Exorcist.

Only solid tip I have: if you are not a fan of Chucky, don’t bother with the house and just move on. Originals this year are not to be missed.
Bouncing off of this:

- Bloodmoon is typically the least crowded followed by Dragons
- Most originals ease up by midnight, the IPs not so much

Bloodmoon was the only house I saw routinely drop in wait, everything else spiked after park open, dropped like 10-15%, then plateaued out.

I will say this is also the first year I ever had to wait to go on rides. Everything was slammed.

Yeah, Blood Moon and Darkest Deal have been the only ones to see a drop off at the end. Monsters and Yeti might have their waits exaggerated, but I've seen healthy lines past 1 for both.

Was able to clear out 5 houses by 7:00 last Sunday from NY S&S (ST4-Exorcist-Yeti-Bloodmoon-Chucky) and 5 houses by 7:30 last night from Central (Monsters-Oddfellow-Deal-Chucky-Bloodmoon).

Starting to think the play might be NY S&S to ropedrop ST4 and then gauge Exorcist (come back later if it's too long). Then go directly to Dragons, Yeti, Chucky, and Bloodmoon in quick succession, and check Monsters afterwards. While I've been noticing that most people start to come in around 8:00, you may be able to get 5-7 houses done by then depending on the initial crowd level that night. At that point, I'd suggest doing whatever until 12:00 then catching the rest, unless you'd rather just eek it out and wait in the remaining lines.

Will suggest this though: Bring an umbrella, bring a (cooling) towel, stay hydrated, and grab a snack if you'd like beforehand.

Does anybody have a handy map for the Stay and Scream? I'd also settle for a quick bullet point list with recommendations :)

This will be my third year with using only Stay and Scream and hoping I can make it another year of hitting every house in one night without Express

Sorry if one has been posted already - I tried to use the search function. Thank you!

What's the best strategy for food/drinks during HHN? My third trip is coming up this week and my group hasn't had good luck in the past with feeling satisfied food-wise during the event.

First year we left the park for a city walk reservation and that ended up being a bad move. Service was slow and we lost a lot of house time. Last year we just tried to navigate the different food stands but the lines were totally out of control. We ended up getting drinks at the event but waited to get back to our on-property hotel to buy food. Would love some tips for getting the best value on food at the event and what booths/items are the best.

What's the best strategy for food/drinks during HHN? My third trip is coming up this week and my group hasn't had good luck in the past with feeling satisfied food-wise during the event.

First year we left the park for a city walk reservation and that ended up being a bad move. Service was slow and we lost a lot of house time. Last year we just tried to navigate the different food stands but the lines were totally out of control. We ended up getting drinks at the event but waited to get back to our on-property hotel to buy food. Would love some tips for getting the best value on food at the event and what booths/items are the best.
We grabbed something to eat at CityWalk before going into the park for Stay and Scream. I didn't feel like I needed a snack the rest of the night, but we also packed some Clif Bars as a Just In Case late-night snack. We got a couple drinks during Stay and Scream, but honestly it was too warm most nights for me to want anything but water. My 30s are going great, I'm loving every second of it.

I have had slow service from Minion's Cafe (not on an HHN night), but maybe that was when it was still new. When we ate there on a busy HHN night, I was shocked by how fast our meals arrived -- food trucks and booths were too intimidating to us and we really wanted to sit inside to eat.

I have had slow service from Minion's Cafe (not on an HHN night), but maybe that was when it was still new. When we ate there on a busy HHN night, I was shocked by how fast our meals arrived -- food trucks and booths were too intimidating to us and we really wanted to sit inside to eat.
I'm hoping Leaky Cauldron is open when I go to HHN. It's one of my favorite spots to eat anytime, and I'd rather sit there and enjoy than deal with booth lines this year

All this crowd talk has given me such anxiety haha between Express being sold out for virtually two weeks out and no RIP tours basically left except for last days in November it is making me worried! I am sure it will be fine but sezsh the way everyone is talking sounds insane makes me keep checking RIP tours to see if one opens up during my trip even though it is out of my budget for this trip lol

Reactions: sparky
It seems as if express passes are no longer available for this upcoming weekend. Is this something that has been happening thus far this month or could it be a website error? I have not had a chance to call yet.

All this crowd talk has given me such anxiety haha between Express being sold out for virtually two weeks out and no RIP tours basically left except for last days in November it is making me worried! I am sure it will be fine but sezsh the way everyone is talking sounds insane makes me keep checking RIP tours to see if one opens up during my trip even though it is out of my budget for this trip lol
Im actually considering getting day tickets for islands cause I worry the crowds at night will drive us away early making the trip feel sad. We have 3 full nights with express, but Im still kinda freakin' out a bit

I think express has been sold out online for awhile now. I hear that sometimes you can get it in the park, but no guarantee there

Reactions: Rikku
Apologies if this has been asked already but just want to plan accordingly..

My group has express for next Sunday (the 1st). Should we be safe in getting to every house or are the express lines so backed up that even with the express ticket you can't hit every house in a single night?

Apologies if this has been asked already but just want to plan accordingly..

My group has express for next Sunday (the 1st). Should we be safe in getting to every house or are the express lines so backed up that even with the express ticket you can't hit every house in a single night?

My understanding is if you stay all night and you’re relatively efficient, you shouldn’t have any trouble.