Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apologies if this has been asked already but just want to plan accordingly..

My group has express for next Sunday (the 1st). Should we be safe in getting to every house or are the express lines so backed up that even with the express ticket you can't hit every house in a single night?
I did last Sunday with Express. I had easily cleared six houses before 8.30, and then got through the last four (Dragons, Chucky, Bloodmoon and Yeti) in the 90 minutes from 10.30-12. I'm sure Saturdays are crazy, but I had no issues. I think ST4 was the longest I waited - maybe 25 mins, at around 8pm.

I did last Sunday with Express. I had easily cleared six houses before 8.30, and then got through the last four (Dragons, Chucky, Bloodmoon and Yeti) in the 90 minutes from 10.30-12. I'm sure Saturdays are crazy, but I had no issues. I think ST4 was the longest I waited - maybe 25 mins, at around 8pm.
That's good to know! Thanks.
Stranger Things, Chucky, and Oddfellow appear to habitually get the most backed up express queues, so I’d try to prioritize them early, if possible.
Groovy. I'll make sure we hit those early then.

Reactions: Rikku
Apologies if this has been asked already but just want to plan accordingly..

My group has express for next Sunday (the 1st). Should we be safe in getting to every house or are the express lines so backed up that even with the express ticket you can't hit every house in a single night?
Our first night was Sunday 9/17. We stay and screamed and also have rush of fear with express. We stayed til closing for the first time ever, and did 15 house runs for the first time ever. Skipped exorcist by choice, doubled up on deal, dragons, yeti, monsters, and did stranger things 3 times.

So yes, if you have express and just a tiny bit of planning, you should have no problem hitting all 10 houses once.

Question for others: which house is the one where you stay and scream under the stadium seating and have sun and rain cover? Last year we did weekend I think from there. And we thought TLOU is in the same building, but people are saying TLOU stay and scream is in the sun. What’s under the stadium cover this year?

Last edited:
Reactions: HereWeGo
Quickly peeking into this thread and avoiding spoilers because I need some advice: I'm going to the event on Oct. 4 - 6, and I thought I had more time to buy it, but the Express passes for the 5th and 6th are sold out. I was planning on just buying one for the 6th, since I figured the Friday would be the busiest night of the 3, but realizing that isn't an option anymore: How screwed am I in terms of crowds?

Express also showed as sold out online this past weekend, but they were still selling them in the park all 3 nights I was there. I ended buying the after-11:00 Express on Friday without issue. Not a guarantee, but look for it when you get there.

Express also showed as sold out online this past weekend, but they were still selling them in the park all 3 nights I was there. I ended buying the after-11:00 Express on Friday without issue. Not a guarantee, but look for it when you get there.
Noted! Thank you so much!

Just wanted to add my experience this past Saturday for those going on a night where express is sold out online. I was at the parks from Wednesday-Sunday, and wanted to get express for Saturday due to going with some friends who were just coming for one night. I asked one of the express TMs on Thursday if I could get express for Saturday. She was not able to get me normal express, but was able to sell me the after 11 version that day. She mentioned that if they do add availability the day of, you can upgrade your after 11 pass to a regular or even an unlimited express pass.

Went back to the same spot when we went in for stay and scream, and they had both regular and unlimited express available for us to upgrade too. Went with regular and got through every house in express, and used stay & scream for a second run through Last of Us and the tent houses.

Another option the TM mentioned if express is sold out is that they also apparently do a 5 house RIP tour that you can book at the express stands that is usually about the same price as express is that night. Not something that we explored, but something to consider as well. Apparently you can choose between going through the 5 soundstages, or the back of the park + Chucky.

Going to do stay and scream for Last of Us for the first time Friday, will monsters or any other houses be available in the area? or would I have to wait until the event fully opens to go?

Last edited:
Gearing up for this year's trip, but need some drinking questions answered...

1. What time does Dead Coconut Club (or whatever it's called this year) open?
2. Best drink(s) to get there?
3. Planning on hitting Strongwater Tavern and Pat O'Briens for a Hurricane. Any other key spot to hit for a good, strong drink (preferably Citywalk)?

Gearing up for this year's trip, but need some drinking questions answered...

1. What time does Dead Coconut Club (or whatever it's called this year) open?
2. Best drink(s) to get there?
3. Planning on hitting Strongwater Tavern and Pat O'Briens for a Hurricane. Any other key spot to hit for a good, strong drink (preferably Citywalk)?

Dead coconut is open 5pm-1am, I really liked the nightmare nectar blonde ale. hhn has 4 bars this year that all serve doubles, so I didn’t bother checking city walk for drinks (finnegans, behind Lombards, by animal actors, and one inside the coco cola building)

Reactions: Midnight Detective
Going Sunday.
Another drink question. When I look online it appears the only bar that has the crooked can bloody orange IPA draft is a bar near woodys round up / kid zone . Is this accurate ?

We had ROF passes without express for the first week we visited from the UK. On second visit (2 weeks out of 3) we looked at getting express for 2 of the 4 nights we were visiting but was showing sold out.

When we checked into Adventura Hotel spoke to ticket desk and worked out cheaper to update ROF to ROF + express rather than 2 nights express. Wish we upgrade the first week and had 8 nights rather than 4.

First week with no express and heat of say and scream zones was brutal

Going Sunday.
Another drink question. When I look online it appears the only bar that has the crooked can bloody orange IPA draft is a bar near woodys round up / kid zone . Is this accurate ?
its at pretty much all of the pop up bars. Basically if they sell blinky cups they sell it there

Reactions: rhino4evr
If you get the day pass or 2 park pass, can you still wait in the stand by areas at US before HHN nights open to be let in early? I know I saw a ticket option of being in the park from 3-5 for $40 to get in HHN first....?

If you get the day pass or 2 park pass, can you still wait in the stand by areas at US before HHN nights open to be let in early? I know I saw a ticket option of being in the park from 3-5 for $40 to get in HHN first....?
In order to stay in the park and participate in the early house openings, you just have to meet two criteria:

1. Be inside the Universal Studios Florida gates before 5pm. Any daytime pass, including the "Scream Early" ticket, works.
2. Have a valid ticket for that night's HHN event.

In the example you posted, you would need to purchase the "Scream Early" ticket as well as a HHN pass that is valid for the same night in which you intend to use the Scream Early ticket.

*If you're already in the park before 5pm, you do not to spend any extra money to access the Stay and Scream holding areas. The Scream Early ticket is for guests who do not already have daytime admission. I hope this is clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chumpieboy
Yes you can. That $40 pass is to get you the park before it closes for the day. If you’re already in the park from a day pass it’s the same thing