Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
just an FYI, when I was there on Friday they told me that if you have a blinky cup they aren't allowed to sell you a second one.

Going to HHN on Saturday September 30th .
I've noticed that both rush of fear and frequent fear both aren't available on that day...does this mean that there's some reason why universal don't want multi-night passholders to go that night i.e they know it will be packed? or is it just random, and might therefore be a good night to do (if you must do a weekend)?

Going to HHN on Saturday September 30th .
I've noticed that both rush of fear and frequent fear both aren't available on that day...does this mean that there's some reason why universal don't want multi-night passholders to go that night i.e they know it will be packed? or is it just random, and might therefore be a good night to do (if you must do a weekend)?
RoF is actually over now, and Saturdays aren’t included in the base FFPs

This is our first year with Express... what is the process like?
For example, if we get in line because the posted standby wait is too high, but the standby wait isn't that bad and we want to do standby, what can we do? Are the passes scanned before entering the house, or at the house portal?
Sorry if I seem vague, but we have never used Express at UOR at all, and definitely not for HHN.

This is our first year with Express... what is the process like?
For example, if we get in line because the posted standby wait is too high, but the standby wait isn't that bad and we want to do standby, what can we do? Are the passes scanned before entering the house, or at the house portal?
Sorry if I seem vague, but we have never used Express at UOR at all, and definitely not for HHN.
This was our first year using FP, we did stay and scream so wait times in standby were short so didnt use express pass until was over 30 mins. You can go into standby queue and don't need to scan your pass, only gets scanned in express queue

You can go into standby queue and don't need to scan your pass, only gets scanned in express queue
I understand this, but specifically I was referring to this scenario: we enter the Express queue for a house, which has a posted wait of maybe 60 minutes. However, as we get closer, it's clear the standby queue is much shorter and we want to switch and save our Express pass for that house until later. Will our Express pass have already been scanned by that point in the queue? Will we just have to continue in the Express line or could we use it later?

I understand this, but specifically I was referring to this scenario: we enter the Express queue for a house, which has a posted wait of maybe 60 minutes. However, as we get closer, it's clear the standby queue is much shorter and we want to switch and save our Express pass for that house until later. Will our Express pass have already been scanned by that point in the queue? Will we just have to continue in the Express line or could we use it later?
You could definitely do that. They do a visual check at the entrance to the queue but don’t scan it until you’ve reached the end of the Express line (which is generally 5-10 minutes away from the house).

Reactions: SeventyOne
The start of express queue they look at pass to confirm but it doesn't get scanned untill further in the queue.

You will need to make a decision when get to scanning point whether you exit. Bear in mind we had were in express line for monsters and clear a small standby queue so group in front tried to go under the rope to get into standby line. Security and Ops came and stopped them and told them they need to walk back to start of the enterance of the standby line which is some distance away so by time they would have walked back would have been large queue again in standby

The start of express queue they look at pass to confirm but it doesn't get scanned untill further in the queue.

You will need to make a decision when get to scanning point whether you exit. Bear in mind we had were in express line for monsters and clear a small standby queue so group in front tried to go under the rope to get into standby line. Security and Ops came and stopped them and told them they need to walk back to start of the enterance of the standby line which is some distance away so by time they would have walked back would have been large queue again in standby
I wish they would make line jumpers leave the park. I saw several line jumpers get caught. Idiots thought rushing by the first check was so clever.

I'm flying out next weekend! Feeling good about the gameplan -- we have Express, so just gonna start at Bloodmoon and work clockwise. My question is about food. When's the best time to try and stop for a bite? We had Express last year too, but kinda underestimated just how long it would still take to do everything, so we ended up just ordering pizza back at Cabana Bay at the end of night. Which obviously wasn't terrible and actually a pretty satisfying way to end the night, but still, I wanna try some of the food in the park this year.

I'm assuming "eat early" is the move but is there maybe a spot that will see shorter lines at certain points in the night? Like in LA, the food on the lower lot is quicker later in the evening when everyone has headed back upstairs. Or flip it and hit the Dia De Los Muertos plaza early when everyone is on the lower lot. Any tips along those lines?

I'm flying out next weekend! Feeling good about the gameplan -- we have Express, so just gonna start at Bloodmoon and work clockwise. My question is about food. When's the best time to try and stop for a bite? We had Express last year too, but kinda underestimated just how long it would still take to do everything, so we ended up just ordering pizza back at Cabana Bay at the end of night. Which obviously wasn't terrible and actually a pretty satisfying way to end the night, but still, I wanna try some of the food in the park this year.

I'm assuming "eat early" is the move but is there maybe a spot that will see shorter lines at certain points in the night? Like in LA, the food on the lower lot is quicker later in the evening when everyone has headed back upstairs. Or flip it and hit the Dia De Los Muertos plaza early when everyone is on the lower lot. Any tips along those lines?
The stellar bar near the front was always short for us and the Hell Fire Club was fantastic also. The back part by Monsters was ok and it’s the pizza Fries and duck gallet. The fedra ration booth with the ravioli moved super quick also.

Reactions: viking_wizard_eyes

If you're willing to grab a bite during stay and scream or shortly after they admit general guests into the park, I noticed most of the booths were empty for the first hour or so, including some of the high-demand ones themed to The Last of Us and Stranger Things. Otherwise, unless you're willing to wait about 15 minutes per booth, I'd circle back after 11:30 or so. Most booths seemed to stay open until at least midnight, and they stop serving booze at 1am.