Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Construction | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Construction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think Torture Faire looks fine in person so far, but on the topic of HHN using "it's suppose to look cheap" concepts, I think HHN has evolved beyond that. They tried that with Chucky last year and it resulted in one of the worst houses in recent history. I can understand why they've relied on this concept back then, but the event generates way too much revenue nowadays to justify it.

Swamp of the Undead looks like a true HHN scare zone. Blumhouse is lining up to be another CryptTV synergy zone, but will reserve judgement. I want to be wrong.
“Looking cheap” at a major theme park doesn’t need to - and shouldn’t - look cheap. The Sweets zone in NYC was meant to look like a low-budget local Halloween celebration but featured big impressive floats. Dinoland at Disney (which many hate but I like quite a bit) is meant to be a run down tourist trap but is stuffed full of witty details and fairly elaborate structures. Building a twisted version of a ren fair is a fine idea for a zone, but the cheapness needs to read as a design decision, not a financial imperative. It needs to be full of details playing on the fake “cheapness,” to be a ren fair taken to its illogical extreme. We’ll see what the finished product looks like. Honestly, HHN has an AMAZING batting average, so a little short-term faith is warranted. Still… Chucky happened.

I think Torture Faire looks fine in person so far, but on the topic of HHN using "it's suppose to look cheap" concepts, I think HHN has evolved beyond that. They tried that with Chucky last year and it resulted in one of the worst houses in recent history. I can understand why they've relied on this concept back then, but the event generates way too much revenue nowadays to justify it.

Swamp of the Undead looks like a true HHN scare zone. Blumhouse is lining up to be another CryptTV synergy zone, but will reserve judgement. I want to be wrong.
I'm not gonna say anything about faire until we see the costumes but I kind of agree. the costumes and music will make or break the zone.
like vamp. if they are going cheapy looking then I hope it's fun and funny like vamp. ramp up the camp
push it all the way. 100% camp