Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Reviews, Photos, & Videos | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Reviews, Photos, & Videos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Current Review after 3 or 4 nights? Overall, something definitely feels off and I'm not sure if it's me, the event, or just some surrounding of the craziness right now is for me. Houses are ok with few exceptions, but most of them share some common themes of I have no idea what is going on. Scarezones are as far from what they used to be as possible in my opinion. It also feels more like a food festival than in the past but instead of being stuff that sounds good it seems to be more all about the Gram. Being severely lactose intolerant doesn't exactly help my case either lol.

Is it still a great event - YES
Am I upset I wasn't able to get the FFP pass for the first time - not really at this point

10) Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines - Thankfully I had someone explain it to us before we went in last time because wow I had no clue the first time through. It could be a really cool concept for a movie or something, but just throwing you into this thing without any understanding is super confusing. We got out the first time trying to figure out why the wolfman had boobs.

9) The Musuem: Deadly Exhibits - Didn't really stand out to me in any way but have only done it once so far

8) Monstrous - Neat house but why do they want to eat the babies?

7) Goblin’s Feast - I really want to like this house a lot more than I do, the sets are really cool, characters are really cool, but it feels more like I'm walking through an exhibit than a house

6) Slaughter Sinema 2 - This one hurts, I LOVED the first one. The good rooms in this house are really fun and good, but that is also its biggest weakness. The scenes are way to short at empty intro poster room, show room and repeat. Would loved to have them be a little longer! at least they found a place to put the Fanta skeleton (Fantaton?) on all the merch

5) Major Sweets Candy Factory - BUTTONS!!!!! Cool idea, great characters, I like the little rat going haywire projected on the wall, but the environment doesn't match the idea

4) Triplets of Terror - I honestly like this house quite a bit, its got a fun vibe to it that is really cool and feels like if you cross House of 1000 Corpses with Halloween. The biggest issue I have with this house is the main characters ages are all over the place and don't make sense, if they just had the 3 of them in each year make sure they were the correct ages it would go a long way

3) A Quiet Place - Great sets, great scares, great movie, well done cast. Over the runs I've noticed most of the monsters are tacky and I hate them, since (as I said in another thread) they feel like reused characters from years past or the aliens in MiB. The extreme hype machine that they put out about using sign language just annoys me. (Insert old man yelling at cloud picture)

2) Insidious: The Further - Great house, scariest out of all of them by far! Very aggressive cast. The only thing keeping it from one of my all time lists is that it just feels like I have done it before.

1) Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - After the first ghostbusters house having such big problems with staffing and the props not working and everything I was worried. This house is one of the absolute best IP houses they have ever done. Not super scary but this property didn't need to be super scary. Was absolutely beside myself with the amount of callbacks and everything they did, seriously great house. Only thing I can knock them on is there needed to be more Walter Peck ;)