Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 200 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd honestly hope for the opposite. I get that it's already been 5 years since Ghostbusters was last at HHN (Dear god 5 years :skull:), but I think Frozen Empire would be a lot more visually distinct from the first house with it's iced over New York and more varied locations. It would also still allow for fan-favorite characters and locations like the OG Ghostbusters, Slimer, ECTO-1, the firehouse, NYC Public Library with the Lions and Library Ghost. Seems like the best of both worlds personally.

The new Ghostbusters headquarters with the containment units is what I hope to see. Those ghosts had some fun designs that weren't utilized very much in the film itself.
It also could be Afterlife and Frozen Empire together

Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ

Reactions: PumpkinHead66
I'd honestly hope for the opposite. I get that it's already been 5 years since Ghostbusters was last at HHN (Dear god 5 years :skull:), but I think Frozen Empire would be a lot more visually distinct from the first house with it's iced over New York and more varied locations. It would also still allow for fan-favorite characters and locations like the OG Ghostbusters, Slimer, ECTO-1, the firehouse, NYC Public Library with the Lions and Library Ghost. Seems like the best of both worlds personally.

The new Ghostbusters headquarters with the containment units is what I hope to see. Those ghosts had some fun designs that weren't utilized very much in the film itself.
Yes, I think there is a lot you can get out of Frozen Empire that would translate into a house. Firehouse containment unit, demonic chants (Had to be freaky in Evil Dead Rise), Main Demon etc…

Surprisingly given my last take, I don't think there is as much to get from Afterlife personally. FE felt like a mix of classic and Capital-B Brand Ghostbusters, where Afterlife was mostly an indie drama. A Walmart scene? The big Mineshaft tomb? I guess I'd just rather them use the house space for more FE scenes.

I think I might got something regarding the Icon, look no further than Adaru's own backstory:

"We know fear as a response to a perceived threat: To be frightened or terrified. It allows us to be cautious when presented with a situation which might cause us harm. But before the Middle Ages, fear was not used to illustrate an emotional response but instead defined an event or phenomenon, a physical thing, an entity. This is not a new idea. Greek mythology calls by name not one, but two gods of fear."

TWO Gods of Fear. The rest of the backstory talked about only Adaru because he was the main Icon in 2010 of course, but there's still another God of Fear we've never seen, and I'm thinking that's gonna change this year.

I think I might got something regarding the Icon, look no further than Adaru's own backstory:

"We know fear as a response to a perceived threat: To be frightened or terrified. It allows us to be cautious when presented with a situation which might cause us harm. But before the Middle Ages, fear was not used to illustrate an emotional response but instead defined an event or phenomenon, a physical thing, an entity. This is not a new idea. Greek mythology calls by name not one, but two gods of fear."

TWO Gods of Fear. The rest of the backstory talked about only Adaru because he was the main Icon in 2010 of course, but there's still another God of Fear we've never seen, and I'm thinking that's gonna change this year.
Maybe, but that’s not the rumor. Greek mythology has Phobos and Deimos as brothers who are, essentially, two sides of the same coin. One essentially represents dread and the other panic.

The rumor is more… hierarchical.

Maybe, but that’s not the rumor. Greek mythology has Phobos and Deimos as brothers who are, essentially, two sides of the same coin. One essentially represents dread and the other panic.

The rumor is more… hierarchical.
Interesting. Of course you don't have to answer, but if I may ask for clarification on what you mean exactly by hierarchical in this case?

Like, different ranking Gods of Fear? Or potentially different ranking Gods of Horror, with Fear being a second level or lower, and this new Icon being the very top?

Or actually, before I hit the sack for the night, me and a friend were thinking possibly primordial Gods? I did a quick read, and these three immediately stood out to me:
  • Erebus - The deity of the mists of darkness, who was sunken into the hollows of the Earth.

• Nyx - The deity of night, who's the consort of Erebus... and if it is Erebus, maybe this is where the two Icons rumor originally came from?

• Tartarus - The deity of the 'great stormy pit' beneath the Earth, the anti-Heaven, and the 'Titans' were imprisoned in his depths, just as Adaru and the Heralds are imprisoned within the Lantern perhaps?

Last edited:
BTW - this was the house that was expected to be black and white. Obviously, those rumors were incorrect.
Damn, I was legitimately hoping for the Sun-bleached Franken-Farmer thing from pages ago. That felt like too weird of a pull to be nothing.

What a strange schedule we're on, and what a strange house. Hopefully there is an abundance of Goblins in this (This is a criteria I set for every HHN house fyi), as opposed to Choose Thy Fate's lack of Dragons.