Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Definitely interesting though...
While interesting, Lance has updated his previous rumors and said today, as you brought up, "the shutdown of F&F may be entirely unrelated to Halloween Horror Nights at this time," and we are at 10 haunted houses. Don't expect any of this stuff, like a F&F overlay and more than 10 houses, this year.

Last edited:
"The FF house is [reused idea], you'll never guess in 30 guesses!"

"If you hated [scarezone] wait till you see [house]."

Keep in mind when I tell this person I liked Hellblock they roll their eyes at me.

Definitely interesting though...

Creating the video and syncing to motion is so incredibly expensive this is never going to happen. This isn't as easy as this person is speculating it is.

"Celebrating 70 Years of the Iconic Creature from the Black Lagoon" - Fangoria , this week

I know anniversaries guarantee nothing, but if not this year don't think he'll ever get a house.

Also I think good timing to let the A-List UCMs rest up for a year before Epic

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Jack the Clown returns to HHN ORLANDO for their 35th anniversary with an all new ride! "DARK TORMENT: SUPERCHARGED DESCENT INTO HELL"! Fun for the whole family in Eye-popping 3D!

.....I shouldn't joke, we all know they've got Jack on standby for every other anniversary year

Real HHN fans do NOT wish for that over-used, spotlight hogging clown to return for at least 100 years

Yeah, the vast majority of people seem to never tire of him but at this point I find him neither scary nor funny. Chance is even worse imo.

Also I think good timing to let the A-List UCMs rest up for a year before Epic
Well the main group of Monsters is
Phantom (occasionally), Dracula, Mummy, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman & Creature. That is your technical "A-list"

If you set them aside, well.... off the top of my head, Mole-man & Mutant. Hunchback is iconic, but just sort've exists lol

Otherwise the rest go into sequel TERRORtory. Dracula's daughter, she-wolf of London, son of Frankenstein, etc

As much as I truly do love Jack (slightly biased as 25 was my first year, so he was also my first Icon), I do very much agree it's time for him to either be retired or be given a long break.

I hope whenever we get Jack vs Oddfellow, it's also used as a finale of sorts for Jack, his last time being full Icon status, and from there on while he does get appearances, it's more align to 16 where while he did have a presence as a supporting Icon, he wasn't *the* Icon.

And that line of thinking will hold back event growth & evolution. Keep the Clown locked in retirement. Let others have their time, old or new, preferably not tied to him (like last year).

2010 was supposed to be start a new age of darkness. Unfortunately, IP overload was the "new age of darkness", but expected.

And that line of thinking will hold back event growth & evolution. Keep the Clown locked in retirement. Let others have their time, old or new, preferably not tied to him (like last year).

2010 was supposed to be start a new age of darkness. Unfortunately, IP overload was the "new age of darkness", but expected.
Actually I think having new Icons tied to previous ones is a great way of respecting the legacy while also paving the way for new Icons. While yes, Oddfellow is inherently connected to Jack, he very much stood as his own character and Icon (and I would argue is actually better than Jack).

Another example that could hopefully happen one day, as Legacy has suggested before, the Projectionist, the man who filmed for the Director and was driven insane by everything he's seen. Pull some strings with his backstory to make him stand more on his own like they did for Oddfellow, and viola, another great new Icon that also respects and continues the legacy of an older one (in this case, the absolute worst and most boring Icon, but I digress).

Actually I think having new Icons tied to previous ones is a great way of respecting the legacy while also paving the way for new Icons.
Big difference between acknowledging others & ....the Clown lol

Another example that could hopefully happen one day, as Legacy has suggested before, the Projectionist
He was used for the 2006 Universal Movie Balls Lagoon show that year. Definitely would make a good icon.
(FUN FACT: He was played by Jack actor- James Keaton)

Like the Director & Usher, he's a good fit in such an IP heavy era of HHN.

Actually I think having new Icons tied to previous ones is a great way of respecting the legacy while also paving the way for new Icons. While yes, Oddfellow is inherently connected to Jack, he very much stood as his own character and Icon (and I would argue is actually better than Jack).

Another example that could hopefully happen one day, as Legacy has suggested before, the Projectionist, the man who filmed for the Director and was driven insane by everything he's seen. Pull some strings with his backstory to make him stand more on his own like they did for Oddfellow, and viola, another great new Icon that also respects and continues the legacy of an older one (in this case, the absolute worst and most boring Icon, but I digress).

Director might not have a very deep backstory, and the only house type he lended himself to was knock off IP mashups, but goshdarnit it's a unique concept for an icon. So much more interesting to me than Jack.

Of course, most people do not feel that way... : /

Reactions: Wesker69
Director was fairly provocative even back in 2003 when he was first introduced. I'm not sure he can really return as a marquee icon, unfortunately - he's just a bit too grim and nasty for what the event has become.
Yeah the very potential Orlando could have done with him, Hollywood had already done it and pretty much shows that yeah not many people would fully love it and only a select few would lol.