Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This originally started as a joke earlier but i've become fully invested. These are a big stretch.View attachment 20974

The Strangers- Fits the slasher role with double feature in F&F
-The first movie comes out this summer followed by a sequel in fall.

(Chances) Sweet Revenge - Suspected of the poisonings in 1942 at the Tribute Theater, Chance and her friend Major Sweets flee to the candy factory. Families are lured and killed by intricate traps and harvested for candy using the Monsters Inc method™️
- Found last year in Oddfellow. It's been said the lollipop is not Major Sweets
. View attachment 20975

Urban Inferno - Loosely based on the 2017 Hollywood Zone. Take your chances as you journey through the circles of purgatory , where you will encounter Burnt Lost Souls, Half-Goat executioners and those damned for their violent natures.

Dracula vs the Mole People - Dracula has committed tax fraud for the last time. Mole folk are sent out by Morphans to collect.
I think you might've hit the nail right on the coffin with The Strangers and possibly Urban Inferno.

As much as I'd love to see Chance be given a second shot with a better house (this is coming from the one fan who actually liked Lunatic's Playground), I don't think the concept you're proposing would really make much sense? Having Chance suddenly be Major Sweets' partner wouldn't make sense, especially since he already has one, Miss Treats.

And while Dracula Vs. Mole People might not be what we're getting (I for one would love it), I could definitely see the house possibly involving some of the not-so-classic monsters (or as HMU puts them- the crappy ones).

IMO, Major Sweets seems too close to Oddfellow, a charismatic and suave facade with sinister intentions.
Ehh I don’t necessarily agree. To me, this is kind of like saying the Director and The Usher are too close because they both deal with movies.

Dr. Oddfellow just wanted to be powerful and immortal. Major Sweets turns trick or treaters into creatures. I don’t really recall seeing any motivation for him. I personally think he could work as an icon, however, even if they don’t use him as an icon, I would still love to have a house based upon him to dive into his backstory. I really enjoyed the scarezone and I would love to see more.

Reactions: Darko
I think you might've hit the nail right on the coffin with The Strangers and possibly Urban Inferno.

As much as I'd love to see Chance be given a second shot with a better house (this is coming from the one fan who actually liked Lunatic's Playground), I don't think the concept you're proposing would really make much sense? Having Chance suddenly be Major Sweets' partner wouldn't make sense, especially since he already has one, Miss Treats.

And while Dracula Vs. Mole People might not be what we're getting (I for one would love it), I could definitely see the house possibly involving some of the not-so-classic monsters (or as HMU puts them- the crappy ones).
I agree Chance was a big stretch, but since Universal doesn't have the best track record with consistency in lore I was wondering if she could change her appearance like Oddfellow did.

Attachments

• IMG_4617.jpeg
    IMG_4617.jpeg
    483.9 KB · Views: 31
As someone who has doubted both so far in this thread, I'll say that Silent Hill seems more viable to me purely based on the fact that I think the property can translate to a house. I don't think A Quiet Place can, at least not without some major hurdles on the way there. Seems like a lot of people's issues with multiple houses rolled into one concept. Too many puppets (Chupacabra), off-the-wall / gimmicky hook ( Bug House ), misuse of a popular IP (TLoU ).

Elm Street is real cool to see being thrown around this early. Nice to potentially have Krueger back after seeing Mikey every other year since I've been attending.

Ghostbusters is also neat to see, but I really hope it ends up being Frozen Empire with elements from the other films. The ice shards and spikes littered throughout NYC apartment buildings would make for a very unique house visually from anything we've seen before.

And as much as I respect anyone's positive opinion; yall can and should like whatever does it for you; I just can't agree with yall on Ghostbusters 2, man. There's some neat visual setpieces that'd be kinda cool to see in a house format like Vigo, the Slime Sewers, Lady Liberty, the Brothers in the electric chairs, or the Titanic. The movie itself though? I just can't muster up much appreciation for it at all. It's mostly just a mediocre retread of the first with a worse script and less engaging performances from the leads. There is only one truly great Ghostbusters movie and it's the first.

If I may propose an announcement theory:

Dates + Ghostbusters announced next week to coincide with the release of Frozen Empire. Not only piggybacking off the hype of a new movie, but immediately drawing general public in with what I would argue is currently looking to be the main headliner. After that, go silent and let Epic + DreamWorks news take their course.

June or early July, A Nightmare on Elm Street is announced, and then mid-to-late July we just get a full drop of everything else.

My reasoning for this? Exact same thing happened last year- The Last of Us (main headliner) was announced in May, Stranger Things (secondary headliner/white wale) was announced in July, with everything else dumped at the end of the month.

Horror Night Nightmares retweeted this! It could be because it’s the accurate answer to the castle symbol or they just retweeted to troll. If this is the accurate rumor, I will be insanely excited to see this coming to HHN. I’m all for a comedy show returning to the event, and a Halloween Harold & Kumar show sounds fun.

Horror Night Nightmares retweeted this! It could be because it’s the accurate answer to the castle symbol or they just retweeted to troll. If this is the accurate rumor, I will be insanely excited to see this coming to HHN. I’m all for a comedy show returning to the event, and a Halloween Harold & Kumar show sounds fun.

I call troll haha.

• Haha
Reactions: HHNObsession
Just to jump in on the discussion around the “lollipop” house, whilst Sweets is the obvious answer here, I actually thought more along the lines of Wizard of Oz and Hansel and Gretal.

Wizard of Oz has a small song called “The Lollipop Guild”, and I believe we have had a Wizard of Oz scarezone before with flying monkeys. Dorothy and the scarecrow were also included within the last Scary Tales house, which also included a great scene of Hansel and Gretal eating the witch that caught them. It’s been a while since we’ve had a Scary Tales house, and whilst I understand there have been a few of these done in the past, it’s a fun concept and I’m sure there’s more which could be done here.

I call troll haha.

Reactions: Mashmingingmasher77
If I may propose an announcement theory:

Dates + Ghostbusters announced next week to coincide with the release of Frozen Empire. Not only piggybacking off the hype of a new movie, but immediately drawing general public in with what I would argue is currently looking to be the main headliner. After that, go silent and let Epic + DreamWorks news take their course.

June or early July, A Nightmare on Elm Street is announced, and then mid-to-late July we just get a full drop of everything else.

My reasoning for this? Exact same thing happened last year- The Last of Us (main headliner) was announced in May, Stranger Things (secondary headliner/white wale) was announced in July, with everything else dumped at the end of the month.
I think you’re pretty spot on. It’ll be interesting to see if the Monsters house gets its own video like the original bride and legends or if it just gets announced with the originals like Unmasked. If it is a Drac house, since he’s more marketable than the Unmasked monsters they may opt for its own announcement.

And then of course if it is still a 5/5 split like the map suggests that’s another possible announcement to take into account. Maybe it could be something like:
Late March - GB (single nights)
Mid/late May - “unknown IP” (putting it here so it’s easily removable)
Mid June - SH/AQP
early/mid July - ANOES (multi nights)
Late July/early August - UCM + full dump

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I’m in! I can only take so much of the gothic fire contortion dancing. Bill/Ted, Harold/Kumar can be more unique every year and the comedy a welcome addition.
Agreed. Bill & Ted was able to change it up every year and make the show unique to the current pop culture. The shows that have followed it have been just too repetitive, especially HNF. My opinion is that event needs a comedy show back that can be changed up every year. Bring on Harold & Kumar!