Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been hearing a lot that the Unknown IP could be Blumhouse and with recent rumors FNF may not be coming it'll be Megan paired with Imaginary. Though Lionsgate acquired the full rights in 2023 to Imaginary and most Blumhouse houses at HHN were distributed by Universal and Imaginary wasn't. This doesn't eliminate its chances but I'm doubtful Imaginary would be coming.

While it's not impossible that they could work with Lionsgate--I also think when you consider the upcoming release schedule of Blumhouse (and Atomic Monster--feel everyone needs to consider that now too with AM out of WB jail) that there is really a whole lot of nothing that could make sense.

Even going back to older catalogue; better to use them for smaller purposes like meet & greets for Behind The Screams at Hollywood (or RIP for Hollywood) or the Peacock Bar for Orlando.

Reactions: Wesker69
Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

While it's not impossible that they could work with Lionsgate--I also think when you consider the upcoming release schedule of Blumhouse (and Atomic Monster--feel everyone needs to consider that now too with AM out of WB jail) that there is really a whole lot of nothing that could make sense.

Even going back to older catalogue; better to use them for smaller purposes like meet & greets for Behind The Screams at Hollywood (or RIP for Hollywood) or the Peacock Bar for Orlando.
Will add on--2025 seems to be a *very* different story. M3GAN 2.0, The Black Phone Part 2, and FNAF2 will be out by then; and Atomic Monster will be beginning to release films more properly under the new co-ownership of them, Blumhouse, and Comcast. I think it is going to be a much better question then to what we see of Blumhouse in HHN.

Also think if the Unknown IP is a headliner, and is for both coasts; it would be something that could have a reason that'd draw people to the venue of SS15 and F&F respectively for both coasts.

Is there a reason to really think that the Mystery IP needs to be contained to F&F for spec? I may be wrong, but don't the locations generally flip around a lot on the spec maps?

You're wrong actually. My sources tell me that the mystery IP is in fact this... :ghost:

OK I am not trying to stir up speculation as I'm 99% sure this is not coming :lol: but what are the legalities, if it came to doing something like this? Obviously all these characters are public domain but with the Mouse down the road, does it complicate things anymore? Because I'd genuinely be into this idea haha.

OK I am not trying to stir up speculation as I'm 99% sure this is not coming :lol: but what are the legalities, if it came to doing something like this? Obviously all these characters are public domain but with the Mouse down the road, does it complicate things anymore? Because I'd genuinely be into this idea haha.
I was joking but um... considering they're all in the public domain, Universal legally could do it I think.

Reactions: SeventyOne

They technically already have.

Also, let’s consider that there isn’t a “mystery IP”. Early spec was a 4/6 IP/Original split.

I'd like to point out confusion about leaks could come from the people actually working on HHN houses don't always know the actual IP.

For example you can be given plans to make a room but not know it's from a movie if you haven't seen it.
I think the confusing part is that Murdy has been doing clues for all of the houses he’s doing. He confirmed Hollywood has 6 IP this year. This would mean either Hollywood has 2 exclusive IP or that there might be 5 shared IP.

Reactions: saint.piss
I think the confusing part is that Murdy has been doing clues for all of the houses he’s doing. He confirmed Hollywood has 6 IP this year. This would mean either Hollywood has 2 exclusive IP or that there might be 5 shared IP.
For what it's worth, Hollywood had six IP houses last year (Evil Dead was the "bonus" IP). Wouldn't be out of the ordinary for such a thing to happen again.

For what it's worth, Hollywood had six IP houses last year (Evil Dead was the "bonus" IP). Wouldn't be out of the ordinary for such a thing to happen again.
Hollywood had six last year but five of them were shared. They only had that one exclusive

Last edited:
Perhaps I misread your post, but isn't that one of the two scenarios you were referencing as confusing?
I was just adding to the conversation! I don’t remember the last time Hollywood didn’t have six IP houses except in 2022 when Orlando had four.