Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm hoping in reality it will be another house...

I'm hoping if true, that this is a scare-zone, that it'll be music for an original concept and not a Weeknd centric scare-zone tbh. I would just prefer the scare-zones sticking to being originals and not go back to IP ones lol

I'm hoping if true, that this is a scare-zone, that it'll be music for an original concept and not a Weeknd centric scare-zone tbh. I would just prefer the scare-zones sticking to being originals and not go back to IP ones lol
Blue sky - but there's TWO MORE IP that I'd like to see as a zone (Fallout and ROTLD)

I'm happy with all original zones though. I'd be perfectly fine with another Weeknd house.

I'm hoping in reality it will be another house...

Creating original music and it gets relegated to a zone?…. That sounds like a dumb move imo. No way his managers accepted him not being a headliner at the event.
We’ve had, what, one genuinely bad IP zone in the last decade? That zone being Altars of Horror.

On the subject of IP scarezones, Weeknd would be a excellent choice but it’s odd for me to believe one of the biggest super stars in the world would be ok going from a headlining house to a zone. But if the rumors of IP zones coming back are true I would love to see silent hill get a zone if it doesn’t get a house!

Reactions: Mashmingingmasher77
I mean, I'm fine with IP-Vanity Ball or just a unique and memorable soundtrack to an original zone / haunt. After Hours Nightmare was something new, even if it didn't fire on all cylinders, and at this point I think any expansion or refinement of that concept would be welcome.
Ideally it's the Hollywood zone to draw folks there instead of the NY bottleneck
Obviously still spec season, but it's been mentioned in these threads how many times that there are ways to spread-out crowds without adding extra experiences? This would be a smart way to do that, even if the effect is minor

I just can't see Abel and his management agreeing to anything other than a house. Maybe a house AND zone.
Do we have any reason to believe that a big star would find a zone beneath them? My sense from the previous Weeknd house is that the process was very collaborative. Isn’t it possible they’ve come up with an idea for a zone they like?

I think a house is on the table, of course, but I don’t think dismissing the zone as something The Weeknd wouldn’t allow makes a lot of sense.

Do we have any reason to believe that a big star would find a zone beneath them? My sense from the previous Weeknd house is that the process was very collaborative. Isn’t it possible they’ve come up with an idea for a zone they like?

I think a house is on the table, of course, but I don’t think dismissing the zone as something The Weeknd wouldn’t allow makes a lot of sense.

Honestly--I wonder if we might be in a element where they are considering combo package for The Weeknd.

Rob Zombie did it in 2019 with Orlando for House of 1000 Corpses + Hillbilly Deluxe, and both had quality given to both. Would be quite easy to do it too with The Weeknd; especially in consideration to themes and elements tackled all throughout his discography.

That would raise the question on what Hollywood does, assuming it is a shared (which; why wouldn't it be. Murdy has expressed good things of his relationship with Abel.); of what each coast does to differentiate eachother.

I think the man just wants his money and probably to be listed as a headliner. Selling merch is the goal here.
Money is definitely a big factor--but if we look to 2022; there was a surpsisingly little amount of merchandise for The Weeknd (Atleast, at the start I think). Alongside that--The Weeknd was omitted from the collage merchandise (even though he was front and center for promotional).

Think there is more creatively at play, but that's just from the observations I've seen. Money matters; but I think Abel's love for Horror (and HHN as large) may be a predominant factor to more intently wonder on. If The Weeknd is back, I wonder how extensive the collaboration would be this time around--if Mike Dean would be involved again with the remixes and what-not.

I think the man just wants his money and probably to be listed as a headliner. Selling merch is the goal here.
That's kinda what I was getting at - zones don't typically get a lot of merch or marketing, so they'd have to shift the marketing strategy a bit.

But I could ABSOLUTELY see it being both a house and zone.

Money is definitely a big factor--but if we look to 2022; there was a surpsisingly little amount of merchandise for The Weeknd (Atleast, at the start I think). Alongside that--The Weeknd was omitted from the collage merchandise (even though he was front and center for promotional).

Think there is more creatively at play, but that's just from the observations I've seen. Money matters; but I think Abel's love for Horror (and HHN as large) may be a predominant factor to more intently wonder on. If The Weeknd is back, I wonder how extensive the collaboration would be this time around--if Mike Dean would be involved again with the remixes and what-not.
I was going to bring this up, the Weeknd really only had a shirt and a hoodie. They didn't really go all out merch wise.