Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions, but -- Weeknd does strike me as an artist that wants to be billed as a headliner. I don't think the actual substance of the attraction (zone or house or both) matters so long as he's "above the title," which isn't very common for a zone. The closest thing I can think of is Lady Luck being an "icon" but only having a zone at the event, but that's apples and oranges.

Agree, the house was great, but I think a scare zone will fit the event nicely.

Ideally it's the Hollywood zone to draw folks there instead of the NY bottleneck
I agree I think a zone would work really well for the IP.

There is an unknown IP on the map though and this could fit

Could be as simple as he wants to be involved, they said its too soon for another house, but we could do a zone. He said why not.

As an alternate idea, could he do a show? Obviously not himself, but inspired by his music.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions, but -- Weeknd does strike me as an artist that wants to be billed as a headliner. I don't think the actual substance of the attraction (zone or house or both) matters so long as he's "above the title," which isn't very common for a zone. The closest thing I can think of is Lady Luck being an "icon" but only having a zone at the event, but that's apples and oranges.

This was mostly my point - if they're using a headliner for a zone, they'd majorly have to shift the marketing strategy. And maybe this is me thinking too hard, but if a random person who is going to the event because The Weeknd is billed as a headliner.. they may be disappointed if it's just a zone.

Yeah, maybe he just really likes HHN and has a few demos to burn.
I mean, I think he unironically is a big HHN fan lol

Reactions: Clive
If The Weeknd does return I wonder if it would be for just a zone. How many IPs have been featured in a similar manner?

I wouldn't be shock if The Weeknd was placed in SF, they could do something with it but the mostly likely spot they'd probably place it in Hollywood and place stages of course to represent different characters and what not, it just seems like an out of nowhere idea that Weeknd would be a scarezone but I mean if this is the exit, I'd like to see the execution lol.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
It was very good, but I'd give the edge to Die-In at 25. Looking at the list, SF really had a hot streak from 2015 to 2019 and has fallen off pretty badly after that. Gotta step it up!

For all the complaining we do about San Francisco as a zone location, it really has hosted a number of standout experiences. I didn't see Hellbilly but loved Die-In to pieces.

I also agree it fell off beginning at 30. Crypt TV felt like a big advertisement for a dying brand, especially since the performers weren't permitted to step off their stages. Barley qualified as a zone.

For all the complaining we do about San Francisco as a zone location, it really has hosted a number of standout experiences. I didn't see Hellbilly but loved Die-In to pieces.

I also agree it fell off beginning at 30. Crypt TV felt like a big advertisement for a dying brand, especially since the performers weren't permitted to step off their stages. Barley qualified as a zone.
Yes, San Fran can host a great zone. You just have to spend time there early in the evening, before it becomes too jammed to function.

Even though I think logistics demand it be moved, there's a strong argument that SF is the second best zone location, right after Hollywood (clearly the best). NY can be fantastic (Sweet Revenge is my favorite of the 12 I've experienced in that spot) but it's too big and open. It might be a good idea to divide it into two or even three zones - it has the room (One zone along the street in front of Fallon, one in front of Mummy, one in front of Finnegan's). Central Park just lacks versatility and can become a real bottleneck. I miss the Kidzone areas, though they really can't come back.