Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The second one.

EDIT - And it’s 84&89.
I hope this isn't true. I'm not a big fan of having a semi-repeat for Ghostbusters when we could get an Afterlife+Frozen Empire house (so much potential for a great and unique house if done right!), which at the very least would be something new and different.We're already getting a bunch of throwback Ghostbusters stuff at USF (movie parade + GB show probably + potential tribute store coming this summer) why do we need the originals represented even more with an HHN house? It would be like if instead of doing Exorcist: Believer last year, we got Exorcist + Exorcist 2: The Heretic, which would've been disappointing considering how great the Believer house turned out.

Gb21 GIF by Ghostbusters

I hope this isn't true. I'm not a big fan of having a semi-repeat for Ghostbusters when we could get an Afterlife+Frozen Empire house (so much potential for a great and unique house if done right!), which at the very least would be something new and different.We're already getting a bunch of throwback Ghostbusters stuff at USF (movie parade + GB show probably + potential tribute store coming this summer) why do we need the originals represented even more with an HHN house? It would be like if instead of doing Exorcist: Believer last year, we got Exorcist + Exorcist 2: The Heretic, which would've been disappointing considering how great the Believer house turned out.

Gb21 GIF by Ghostbusters
I didn’t say Frozen Empire wouldn’t be represented.

I didn’t say Frozen Empire wouldn’t be represented.
I just think the idea of having Frozen Empire shoved into a 1+2 mashup house at the end is still extremely lame (actually I think it makes having a 1&2 mashup semi repeat house even worse. Why even implement FE in any way if you're focusing on the originals? Whats the point besides it just being an advertisement for the new movie?), reeks of ST2+3 from Hollywood 2019 where it was basically a ST2 house with season 3 forced at the end. Also feels like a copout, why not just give us a Afterlife+Frozen Empire house? I just hope you and your sources are wrong about this one no offense. This particular rumor has really soiled my excitement for this year's event if it's true. I probably won't even get a Frequent Fear Pass if the originals aren't that great either, the high prices aren't worth it if the lineup ends up being as dry/boring as the rumors have been. Especially with Epic Universe tickets bound to go on sale within the next few months. I just hope it works out regardless, I don't like being negative about HHN it's my favorite theme park event, but all of these spec/rumors has just been very disappointing in my opinion especially compared to last years lineup.

Last edited:
Zombieland wasn’t “centered” but was still given a banner and used in advertising.
Yeah, I thought about this after making that post earlier - but I imagine if Weeknd was at the event they'd want to use him heavily in the marketing.

But hey, maybe a Weeknd zone + bar + merch would make it worth paying the licensing fee for them! Could even use some music in the show(s) too.

I think HOH got some original houses / zones right first recently ...
I went back, last year's April map had 7 fairly correct (including something dragons which I think was a new rumor), 2 vague but not entirely wrong in hindsight, and a hint toward Metallica in addition to a hint toward ST that obviously didn't pan out. We've seen one-hit-wonder speculators before, but credit where it's due, they were fairly plugged in last year.

I went back, last year's April map had 7 fairly correct (including something dragons which I think was a new rumor), 2 vague but not entirely wrong in hindsight, and a hint toward Metallica in addition to a hint toward ST that obviously didn't pan out. We've seen one-hit-wonder speculators before, but credit where it's due, they were fairly plugged in last year.
Once again... They deserve absolutely no credit they're always pulling from other sources such as HNN and the forums. HNN deserves the credit. Also to add, but aesthetically speaking the HOH spec maps look insanely ugly lmao.

Skimming back through Discord and seeing mentions of DD as far back as February 28th. Tweet hints using “In the dungeons are there dragons? In the sky do they duel” on March 3rd. And so on. All far before April. I promise, we don't have to do this song and dance every year.

With the number of ghosts in the film, Frozen Empire could work as a scare zone.

I enjoyed the film, though agree it was geared more towards fans than average moviegoing audience.

• Haha
Reactions: saint.piss
True but ghostbusters was rumored to be a maze would ghostbusters be both a maze and a scarezone if that were to happen?
shrug-zilla. Just sayin' it could work.
Also, I'd always be interested to see a house-spills-out-into-streets scenario.
Would love to see that with a crashed alien zoo-ship concept.

Frozen Empire could make for a really great New York scarezone. I think that would work a lot better than trying to shoehorn it into a maze with the classic Ghostbusters films. Even though they're apart of the same franchise, they are different enough that the transition would feel jarring.

Frozen Empire could make for a really great New York scarezone. I think that would work a lot better than trying to shoehorn it into a maze with the classic Ghostbusters films. Even though they're apart of the same franchise, they are different enough that the transition would feel jarring.
To me I just think if it's true this is how they're handling it, it's so stupid. Afterlife/Frozen Empire as a combo house makes more sense than doing 1&2. Having 1&2 as the NY scarezone would be so cool and a better way of having the original films represented at HHN

Reactions: Robert Bliss