Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd welcome the idea of Female/Gender-Swapped Monsters since the rumor of another Dracula house didn't really excite me. We've had vamps in the first three UCM houses, so I'm good with more of a break from them.

What do they mean by get bent?
See:
See also:

See:
See also:
So basically gender swapped universal monsters?

I'm still anticipating / hoping that gender-bent monsters is just a red-herring for Abigail. I can't base that off anything other than "I've got a really good feeling about it," but I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been anticipating Abigail's success for a while now- and it seems like a perfect storm of ingredients for an HHN appearance IMO.

I'll be back in a week to see how poorly this post has aged.

Reactions: saint.piss
I'm still anticipating / hoping that gender-bent monsters is just a red-herring for Abigail. I can't base that off anything other than "I've got a really good feeling about it," but I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been anticipating Abigail's success for a while now- and it seems like a perfect storm of ingredients for an HHN appearance IMO.

I get why it feels that way, but I think casting is the main hurdle against Abigail showing up.

Universal has a hard enough time casting 2 or 3 lookalikes for children. It’s why the Stranger Things houses relied on so many Eleven mannequins. Even Cindy, who has the benefit of heavy makeup, appeared only twice in her house because casting. (I also think it was a hurdle for M3GAN.)

An Abigail house, by virtue of Abigail being the antagonist, requires a whole lot of lookalikes for the entire duration of the run. Without Universal knowing the movie is already a success, I don’t see them risking it.

I get why it feels that way, but I think casting is the main hurdle against Abigail showing up.

Universal has a hard enough time casting 2 or 3 lookalikes for children. It’s why the Stranger Things houses relied on so many Eleven mannequins. Even Cindy, who has the benefit of heavy makeup, appeared only twice in her house because casting. (I also think it was a hurdle for M3GAN.)

An Abigail house, by virtue of Abigail being the antagonist, requires a whole lot of lookalikes for the entire duration of the run. Without Universal knowing the movie is already a success, I don’t see them risking it.
Eh I mean they made it work for Exorcist: Believer. So I don't see why they couldn't do Abigail

I don't know if Abigail is likely, but I think there's a very good chance that we could see an original take on Dracula's Daughter. Perhaps the reason Dracula was suspected is because the house takes place within his castle. I'm not convinced they're doing a literal gender-bent house, but I think utilizing Dracula's Daughter, Bride of Frankenstein, She-Wolf of London, and Anck-Su-Namun could be an interesting concept.

I don't know if Abigail is likely, but I think there's a very good chance that we could see an original take on Dracula's Daughter. Perhaps the reason Dracula was suspected is because the house takes place within his castle. I'm not convinced they're doing a literal gender-bent house, but I think utilizing Dracula's Daughter, Bride of Frankenstein, She-Wolf of London, and Anck-Su-Namun could be an interesting concept.
There’s two rumors right now for the Universal Classic Monsters. One is the gender bent monsters and the other is Dracula.

Maybe it was the brides of Dracula causing the confusion? Also there is the possibility that this is one house with multiple monsters.

I know most have been going far longer than I have but as far as the monsters go, I don’t get the hate for them repeating.

I buy several versions of a record that have pretty much the same songs, a few variations maybe. Or the record is a different pressed color. It’s something to enjoy having around and listen to from time to time.

I could understand frustration if the event was the same 10 houses every year. Monsters rotating every few years is fine in my view as long as the story changes. I think of them as b sides or alternate print if that analogy makes sense.

There’s two rumors right now for the Universal Classic Monsters. One is the gender bent monsters and the other is Dracula.
Based on the source of the rumor, it's a "female-centric" Universal Monsters house. Anything about it being gender-bent is just speculation going off of that. I was just suggesting that elements of both rumors could be true, a female-centric house that has connections to Dracula.