Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Terrible IPs can make incredible haunts, incredible IPs can make terrible haunts- the brand alone doesn't guarantee success.

HHN doesn't need a new slate of ideas every year to be a phenomenal event, they just need to make engaging and interesting haunts. And if it's a bunch of IP repeats that (theoretically) improve on the weaknesses of their previous counterparts, shouldn't that be something to look forward to?

You can't blame people for not being happy about these rumors, lol. I know they're just rumors, but this is all we have to go off of with no official announcements and none of them have been that great for awhile
Sure we can.
You can’t be upset over rumors and speculation, because they are just rumors. It isn’t confirmed.

Why throw a fit over a drawing you are creating that doesn’t look as good as you hoped half way through its development.
Finish the drawing.

If you wanna complain about the lineup, do it after it’s all been confirmed. It’s still way too early for this.

Why throw a fit over a drawing you are creating that doesn’t look as good as you hoped half way through its development.
Finish the drawing.
Nobody is throwing a fit. A lot of people aren't happy but I wouldn't calling that throwing a fit. I hope you're right though, I want to be wrong in this case.

HHN doesn't need a new slate of ideas every year to be a phenomenal event, they just need to make engaging and interesting haunts. And if it's a bunch of IP repeats that (theoretically) improve on the weaknesses of their previous counterparts, shouldn't that be something to look forward to?
I'm sorry but I just can't get excited for IP (especially ones like TCM, Halloween which have been done to death) repeats. I get where you're coming from but for me I rather see them try new things. I don't mind one or two repeats if the other IPs are good enough, but this year if the rumors are true it just isn't looking that way. Also if you're going to do repeats, at least do an IP that haven't been at the event in awhile. Stuff like Poltergeist, Silent Hill, The Shining, Evil Dead, An American Werewolf in London, Saw, Trick R Treat are all IPs I rather see repeats for than TCM or Insidious.

Sure we can.
You can’t be upset over rumors and speculation, because they are just rumors. It isn’t confirmed.

Finish the drawing.

If you wanna complain about the lineup, do it after it’s all been confirmed. It’s still way too early for this.
I mean I get what you’re saying but I also get why ppl are upset. NoES was a great rumor but at the same time it was just that. I can understand why some ppl may be upset about it not being a rumor now when it seemed to be a pretty solid rumor. But to go as far as saying your not as interested in this years event bc of it is just silly.

Imagine people saying they aren’t excited for an event for houses that aren’t even announced yet…

A lot can change in a month from now, announcements always reveal all. Even if it’s April-May we only get 30-40% of the actual puzzle.

Lets all try to calm down.
Lol seriously. Literally zero houses have been announced and people are moving on to HHN 34 already.

I know it's a wild concept, but not every year can have MASSIVE Tier 1 IPs. There's only so many of those that actually exist.

I think there is a difference between "It kinda sucks that the IP rumors I'm most interested in are getting shot down" or "I'm not personally interested at all in this rumored lineup" and "This IP lineup sucks and let's move on to next year." It's subtle, but it is there.

No one can know if the event is going to suck, because there is literally 0 information about it other than there being an Orange shirt with the logo on it.

Also, technically most houses at this point will be repeats. It mostly just depends on how long the gap between them ends up. Nightmare and Friday are "Repeats", it's just been so long it doesn't feel like it to most. Insidious was in Orlando in 2017, which will be 7 years ago as of September. Only three less than NoES. Think about how many people have hopped on the HHN train in that time. No matter what IP they choose, even if it ends up as TCM or Halloween or Purge again, it'll end up fine.

Lot of people overlooking the opportunity that maybe, just like last year, perhaps there's some truth in the IPs people thought they were going to get.

Seems like a good topic for speculation

In the speculation thread

During the time where we have zero confirmation and all we can do is speculate.

I think there is a difference between "It kinda sucks that the IP rumors I'm most interested in are getting shot down" or "I'm not personally interested at all in this rumored lineup" and "This IP lineup sucks and let's move on to next year." It's subtle, but it is there.

No one can know if the event is going to suck, because there is literally 0 information about it other than there being an Orange shirt with the logo on it.

Also, technically most houses at this point will be repeats. It mostly just depends on how long the gap between them ends up. Nightmare and Friday are "Repeats", it's just been so long it doesn't feel like it to most. Insidious was in Orlando in 2017, which will be 7 years ago as of September. Only three less than NoES. Think about how many people have hopped on the HHN train in that time. No matter what IP they choose, even if it ends up as TCM or Halloween or Purge again, it'll end up fine.
For sure - and to be completely honest, I can't imagine a scenario where the event would EVER "suck." lol

Agreed. I can understand not liking the rumored lineup and voicing displeasure about it and how most of the IP seem to be on track to being repeats. But wanting to jump ahead to next year and declaring 33 dead and that the houses are gonna suck simply just for being repeats is grossly overdramatic lmao.

And I mean, in regards to Insidious.. it's been 9 years. I never even did the 2015 house lol

Ghostbusters: I'm intrigued to see how they would redo it and what they may do differently.

A Quiet Place: incredibly intriguing concept for a house.

TCM seems to have popped up completely out of nowhere, so uh.. I'm not putting much stock in that yet.

Agreed. I can understand not liking the rumored lineup and voicing displeasure about it and how most of the IP seem to be on track to being repeats. But wanting to jump ahead to next year and declaring 33 dead and that the houses are gonna suck simply just for being repeats is grossly overdramatic lmao.
This is what I don't understand: nobody in this spec thread has said the houses will suck. More than a few people have said the RUMORED IP lineup isn't good, but I have seen no one actually say "the houses will suck this year".

This is what I don't understand: nobody in this spec thread has said the houses will suck. More than a few people have said the RUMORED IP lineup isn't good, but I have seen no one actually say "the houses will suck this year".

I mean, it's splitting hairs over the "sucks" verbiage - but a lot of the comments have been overdramatic; especially when it proves no one knows absolutely nothing about anything this year. No one can even say any one rumor is a "lock" (for lack of a better term).

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

What am I suppose to say exactly? Talking about it has gotten exhausting I have nothing else to say, I don't appreciate your attitude about it but whatever.
if you have nothing else to say, you can just say nothing. you don't need to announce it. presumably, many people don't have anything to say and are currently, you know, not saying anything as a result.