Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just as a reminder, today marks 4 months till HHN 33 begins. Despite the boring/disappointing rumors, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about the IP/overall lineup (hoping for the best that we get some nice surprises and that Universal has just been doing a very good job keeping the lineup a secret) and I'm still looking forward to being back at HHN regardless of the lineup. Hopefully we get an announcement very soon :ghost:

Skeleton Dance Halloween GIF by Squirrel Monkey

If the concept turns out to be correct, I could see this be a Saws N' Steam sequel honestly. Saws N' Steam has the world's oceans completely evaporated and the land trapped in extreme heat. Also, a mansion with people being rebuilt into Frankenstein-style monsters sounds rather steampunk, and considering Into the Machine had human bodies being harvested, I could definitely see a sequel having those bodies rebuilt into Frankenfarmer horrors.

Or this could just be its own thing, which would also be just as cool.
I'm honestly hoping the aesthetic could be a little less steampunk and more home-spun and messy, like a post-apocalyptic, decrepit farm. Rusted metal, body parts poorly stitched together and disproportionate, a re-animation lab with homemade instruments and poorly assembled equipment. There's so much potential here, and I can't wait. I wouldn't be too upset if it was ANOTHER sequel/repeat house in this lineup, as we know the actual content matters more with them than just the concept (i.e. Yeti 1+2, each UCM house, etc).

I'm honestly hoping the aesthetic could be a little less steampunk and more home-spun and messy, like a post-apocalyptic, decrepit farm. Rusted metal, body parts poorly stitched together and disproportionate, a re-animation lab with homemade instruments and poorly assembled equipment. There's so much potential here, and I can't wait. I wouldn't be too upset if it was ANOTHER sequel/repeat house in this lineup, as we know the actual content matters more with them than just the concept (i.e. Yeti 1+2, each UCM house, etc).
Oh trust me, I also hope that it's its own thing.

Unrelated (to avoid double-posting), some announcement speculation:
  • Silver Scream Queens will be the announcement given more detail at Spooky Empire. The main reason I believe this is that on May 17th (the day of the panel), will actually also be the anniversary of the She-Wolf of London! Perfect timing. The announcement itself would be any time between this week and the panel.

• June 6th or June 7th will see the announcement of Ghostbusters to line up for the 40th anniversary on June 8th.

• July 22nd-26th (any day of this week) will see the full dump + FF.

July 22nd-26th (any day of this week) will see the full dump + FF.
I'm hoping they'll sell FF earlier than usual this year. Not sure why it has to be the last ticket type to drop, I'm most likely getting one (I still haven't made up my mind yet, probably will by the time 2nd or 3rd announcement) and it would be better for them to drop earlier rather than later because of how expensive they are

I'm hoping they'll sell FF earlier than usual this year. Not sure why it has to be the last ticket type to drop, I'm most likely getting one (I still haven't made up my mind yet, probably will by the time 2nd or 3rd announcement) and it would be better for them to drop earlier rather than later because of how expensive they are
Word of advice: Plan to save what last year’s pass was + $150 for cushion.

They sold out pretty quickly last year too. I usually wait til the last min to purchase mine but couldn't go last year because they sold out before I was ready to get them.

You could say they’re being cobbled together

Do we have any thoughts on which Insidious film the house will be based on, or will it be a compilation?
My guess is red door because the lantern on the spec map indicates that but if it's a compilation I'm down for it. It also sucks for me because I haven't watched a single movie so now I have to watch them all in chronological order.

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
It would make sense with the last movie heavily involving the Red Lipstick Face Demon, they have a marketable character they can use with it in both coasts, of course you have the Lady In Black and the others but the Red Lipstick Face Demon being a little more focused in the house. I'm surprised they never even featured it involved in 2015's commercial while promoting FVJ, The Walking Dead.

Reactions: SeventyOne
If it happens, it'll most likely be based on the last film that came out in the series "Insidious: The Red Door".
I heard bad things about the red door the reviews aren't that good. I was hoping it would be a completion house consisting of the movies before the red door. However if this maze is based on the red door that seems very disappointing as for the lineup I don't know what to say. I mean I have not been going before 2022 and I recently started going to HHN I could however see how It could be disappointing for the rest of you. Hopefully this does change though I'm hoping for the best.

I hate to break it to you, but the reviews for pretty much all of the Insidious movies aren't that good. I think the Red Door will make a fine house if that's the direction they're going.
Maybe this makes me a low-IQ horror pleb, but the original is still one of the scariest of all time for me (far more so than any of the big name slashers). The funny thing is that most of the scariest moments don't even involve jump scares. The baby monitor, the photo collection, the smiling family, the demon's workshop...basically, I couldn't disagree more with those who say the scenes in the Further are the weakest part.

Second one was completely forgettable, and I never bothered with the others.

Last edited: