Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I could see that going either way. ZombieGeddon was my first thought for the humor house. But the one time I experienced Psychoscarepy (at HHN 13) there were a lot of comedic moments.

True, they do a lot of zombie stuff, but listen to it...Aiello is speaking of comedy in the horror genre, and he mentions its not in the house we think it could be, and another person immediately says something about it being in a return house etc..

In other words, people are gonna think the Zombie house is the fun house because Zombieland this year, but its possible PS is the surprise house. Although from the interior pics I've seen of the Zombie house, it could go either way.

True, they do a lot of zombie stuff, but listen to it...Aiello is speaking of comedy in the horror genre, and he mentions its not in the house we think it could be, and another person immediately says something about it being in a return house etc..

In other words, people are gonna think the Zombie house is the fun house because Zombieland this year, but its possible PS is the surprise house. Although from the interior pics I've seen of the Zombie house, it could go either way.

Just gave it a listen and they definitely are making it sound like PS by saying that a sequel house is the hint for which house is the comedy house.

That's a pretty big "hint", since that's the only one :lol:

Orfanage isn't considered a sequel, right?

Nah, Screamhouse: Resurrection was her funeral, so this is a sort of pre-quel house if they've ever done that before, which is actually pretty cool.

I wonder for the future what other houses they could possibly do pre-quels for?

That's a pretty big "hint", since that's the only one :lol:

Orfanage isn't considered a sequel, right?

Eh, that's the only thing about the hint. PS is the only flat out sequel but others feel like sequels. Zombiegeddon and Orfanage give me a sequel-ish vibe.

A little random but during yesterday's LT briefing, I read an interesting question: Why is Cindy/Sindy in an orphanage if her father, the Caretaker is still alive?

Eh, that's the only thing about the hint. PS is the only flat out sequel but others feel like sequels. Zombiegeddon and Orfanage give me a sequel-ish vibe.

A little random but during yesterday's LT briefing, I read an interesting question: Why is Cindy/Sindy in an orphanage if her father, the Caretaker is still alive?

Cause this is probably a pre-quel house to show the story of Cindy before Caine adopted her?? Or maybe she went to the orphanage to recruit victims/followers. :shrug:

But even though themes are redone you are correct this is flat out the only sequel, and after that they mention its the last time before they shelve the idea for a few years at least.

"So in that vein, we do have one house that kind of has that tone. But it's not the house you're thinking of. If you think traditionally along the lines of the houses that we've done especially- the sequel houses, I'll give you that hint, especially the sequel houses traditionally those sequel houses depending on what they are have a different flair every single year, we're changing that up this year..."

Listen carefully to what they're saying: a house that has had predecessors (Psychoscarepy) with a sense of humor (Psychoscarepy) will be changed up. If we're looking at Orfanage or Zombiegeddon as sequels, neither Screamhouse or Deadtropolis were comedic in nature. Also, taking into account the descriptions of the houses, Zombiegeddon has the "goofiest" tone (plus, look at the name, for godsake.) That's not to say that PS won't be funny this year, it just seems that they want to make it more scare oriented.

tl;dr Zombiegeddon will be our "funny" house.

tl;dr??

The thing is to me the Zombie house is the natural house to be the funny house especially cause of Zombieland, I mean hell there is a Carnival Midway room in the house and the prop with a nod to Jack *cough* avatar *cough* is in there.

But its possible since they said its not the one we are thinking of, I just though PS would be it too. Have they told you anything about how you are scaring in there this year? Or you still have no direction from you SM yet?

Couldn't get the pic to post....sorry
Email update from HHNs
Fear revealed a little more.... looks to have vines around his head, kinda scarecrow like.

Last edited:
Looks just like the ones we've seen online already.

This one showed some new shots, like the wind-up monkey toy, a rack with masks from the past, etc.. but in that same "warehouse" setting. So, I'm thinking the one to be released on the 6th will be an extended version of the one we've already seen.

lets talk about where the houses will be.... I know the Orfanage is going to be in the Jaws queue and Catacombs is most likely going to be in Sprung tent 1... So lets discuss the other locations of the houses

lets talk about where the houses will be.... I know the Orfanage is going to be in the Jaws queue and Catacombs is most likely going to be in Sprung tent 1... So lets discuss the other locations of the houses

Its been all but confirmed that, as you said, the Orfanage will be in the Jaws queue and Catacombs is in one of the tents. In addition, the three soundstage houses are expected to be Psychoscareapy, Hades, and Legendary Truth. Zombiegeddon is expected to be in the Disaster queue, with Havoc taking up the other tent. Last, HHN: The Hallow'd Past should be in the parade building. None of this is confirmed, but chances are that this is accurate. OU folks know their stuff.

Its been all but confirmed that, as you said, the Orfanage will be in the Jaws queue and Catacombs is in one of the tents. In addition, the three soundstage houses are expected to be Psychoscareapy, Hades, and Legendary Truth. Zombiegeddon is expected to be in the Disaster queue, with Havoc taking up the other tent. Last, HHN: The Hallow'd Past should be in the parade building. None of this is confirmed, but chances are that this is accurate. OU folks know their stuff.

That sounds about right... And sorry for a dumb question but is the Parade building where Silver Screams was last year? Sorry for the N00bish question :lol:

That sounds about right... And sorry for a dumb question but is the Parade building where Silver Screams was last year? Sorry for the N00bish question :lol:

You are correct, and all houses are confirmed for their locations:

Jaws - Orfanage
Tent #1 - Catacombs
Tent #2 - Havoc
Parade - Hallowd Past
Disaster - Zombiegeddon
SS 23A - Hades
SS 23B - Psychoscareapy
SS 22 - LT

Would LT house be classified as the icon house this year? What would you guys think?

You are correct, and all houses are confirmed for their locations:

Jaws - Orfanage
Tent #1 - Catacombs
Tent #2 - Havoc
Parade - Hallowd Past
Disaster - Zombiegeddon
SS 23A - Hades
SS 23B - Psychoscareapy
SS 22 - LT

Would LT house be classified as the icon house this year? What would you guys think?

Thanks, and I think the icon house this year is Hallowd Past not LT