Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ahh gotcha :lol: That is a good plan of attack.

Personally I'm still undecided on the preview. I wanted originally to see the event unfold in the order of layout, but I just found out we're gonna have to leave a little early that night, so I'm leaning back toward doing the preview now...

Man, I get upset if I have to leave one minute early! Even if I have already done everything, I will just sit on a bench, enjoy an adult beverage, and watch SZs. :)

Jaws had a serious wait time last year, even with the express.
SS lines seem to form quick when everyone rushes the gates and plows forward.
I like the heading to the right strategy thats how I usually go. I know that where I am heading to grab some pics before the sun goes down.

I find attending the AP event, or the stay and scream, works best for seeing all houses early in the night. Each year I have been able to see each one multiple times by doing the kidzone houses, then moving to the one by Men in Black so I can be at the Jaws queue house as they open the gates to the general public. The one year I didn't go to Jaws immediately I didn't get to see it until near Midnight, so only saw it once that night!

To anyone attending employee preview: it's very possible to see every house and scarezone, the crowds definitely aren't all that bad. I have gone for the past two years and we've completed over half the houses at a leisurely pace with at least two-three hours to spare afterward. If you're dead set on seeing all the houses before everyone else, then you'll have to power walk a bit. Also, things might not be 100%, but it is still a lot of fun regardless. Expect a lot of sauced up employees, what with the drink discount they're getting.

Do they allow taking pictures at the employee preview? I heard it's happening this Wednesday, so we could have pics (and maybe vids) as early as that, but I'm not sure whether cams are allowed.

Also, let me see if I get this plan of attack right, AP preview edition, since I have finally decided to do it:

1. Hallow'd Past (during preview)
2. Catacombs (during preview)
3. Orphanage (Jaws house)
4. ZombieGeddon (SS house)
5. Psychoscareapy (SS house)
6. Hades (SS house)
7. Legendary Truth (SS house)
8. Havoc (Tent house)

Is that a good plan?
Should I leave Havoc for last or should I go in numerical order according to the map and just do it after Catacombs (since it's right next to it)?
Or maybe I should do Catacombs (during preview), Orpfanage (Jaws), then Havoc, and from that point continue the counter-clockwise order?

Am I making it way more complicated than it should be? :lol:

does anyone know when CF News 13 will have their Walk-through of one or 2 of the SS stage haunts? I remember seeing them on my OnDemand around this time last year

Do they allow taking pictures at the employee preview? I heard it's happening this Wednesday, so we could have pics (and maybe vids) as early as that, but I'm not sure whether cams are allowed.

Also, let me see if I get this plan of attack right, AP preview edition, since I have finally decided to do it:

6. Hades (SS house)
8. Havoc (Tent house)

Is that a good plan?
Should I leave Havoc for last or should I go in numerical order according to the map and just do it after Catacombs (since it's right next to it)?
Or maybe I should do Catacombs (during preview), Orpfanage (Jaws), then Havoc, and from that point continue the counter-clockwise order?

I would think that getting Catacombs done while you are there is a good idea. Especially if there is a short wait time.
Later in the night those lines can get long as well. But others who go more might have better plans.

6. Hades (SS house)
8. Havoc (Tent house)

Is that a good plan?

When I went in 2007 we went in the houses in the order they have them this year, and it worked out pretty well. Im attending the passholder preview party so I'm going counterclockwise this year, hopefully I can get into Hallow'd Past and the 2 tent houses before the event even begins.

6. Hades (SS house)
8. Havoc (Tent house)

Is that a good plan?

Do Havoc right after Catacombs, the entrance for Havoc will be twenty feet from the exit of Catacombs.

Question, can someone confirm what houses will be open during the pass holder preview this Friday and Saturday please?

Premier & Preferred Passholder Nights
Sept. 24 & 25 and Oct. 1 & 2
Universal Studios® at Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone®

You and one guest* will enjoy:
Early access to the event through an exclusive entrance located at the front of Universal Studios
Exclusive Passholder early access to THREE houses:
Horror Nights: The Hallow’d Past (from 5:00pm-6:30pm)
Catacombs: Black Death Rising houses (from 5:00pm-6:30pm)
Havoc: Dogs of War house (as early as 5:45pm)
Preferred seating at the first showing of Bill & Ted’s Halloween Adventure (Please arrive 30 minutes prior to show time. Space is limited. First come, first served.)
Food and drink will be available for purchase

Copy and paste, lol...

When I went in 2007 we went in the houses in the order they have them this year, and it worked out pretty well. Im attending the passholder preview party so I'm going counterclockwise this year, hopefully I can get into Hallow'd Past and the 2 tent houses before the event even begins.

Yeah, if I can get Hallow'd Past and both tent houses done before the gates open to the GP it would be really great! I'm planning on taking some time to enjoy and get a lot of pics of both HHN: 20 Years of Fear and Fear Revealed scarezones, so that's why I was thinking I might not get to the second tent house, but who knows? I hope it all works out :)

Premier & Preferred Passholder Nights
Sept. 24 & 25 and Oct. 1 & 2
Universal Studios® at Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone®

You and one guest* will enjoy:
Early access to the event through an exclusive entrance located at the front of Universal Studios
Exclusive Passholder early access to THREE houses:
Horror Nights: The Hallow’d Past (from 5:00pm-6:30pm)
Catacombs: Black Death Rising houses (from 5:00pm-6:30pm)
Havoc: Dogs of War house (as early as 5:45pm)
Preferred seating at the first showing of Bill & Ted’s Halloween Adventure (Please arrive 30 minutes prior to show time. Space is limited. First come, first served.)
Food and drink will be available for purchase

Copy and paste, lol...

Thank You

To get everyone amped up even more, we have interviews with Scareactors, Angela Alderman from Ghost Hunters International, Florida Ghost Hunters and the Chainsaw Drill team here!
I am getting super excited now. Don't know if we'll do the AP access this week or next, but what time do they usually allow house entry in the houses when you Stay and Scream?

Came back from another night of my seasonal Halloween related job. I must say, (CENSORED) was QUITE sweet looking, and (CENSORED) I liked a lot too. I was anticipating (CENSORED) a good deal, and while I definitely liked a few of the features, I must admit I was slightly let down overall. (CENSORED) was good, but (CENSORED) might be one of my favorites this year.

Also, I didn't expect seeing (CENSORED) last night. 'twas a good time too.

Came back from another night of my seasonal Halloween related job. I must say, (CENSORED) was QUITE sweet looking, and (CENSORED) I liked a lot too. I was anticipating (CENSORED) a good deal, and while I definitely liked a few of the features, I must admit I was slightly let down overall. (CENSORED) was good, but (CENSORED) might be one of my favorites this year.

Also, I didn't expect seeing (CENSORED) last night. 'twas a good time too.

You're such a TEASE! :p I wonder what was a let down... can you say whether it was a house/scarezone/show?

I haven't heard anyone mention this yet, I received my annual Passholder HHN letter on the event and AP discounts today. I'm sort of shocked because this year's has no map what-so-ever which is different.

Other than that, it's basically the same stuff we had seen before (House and scarezones with descriptions, AP prices, event summary, etc).

Last edited: