Happy 4th of July, but what was Universal thinking? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Happy 4th of July, but what was Universal thinking?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And $20K for a theme park fireworks show? Tiny towns spend $30K. The Universal pyro 4th I saw had to be $75K-$120K. That would make a nice scoop vehicle. :look:

Sorry, not even close in 1999 money, let alone 2012 new updated Scoop vehicle. :wave:

Wait...what is Teebin's relation to knowing the insider scoop? Sorry, I have been a member awhile but I still don't know :doh:

I'm not surprised. Its universal.

You mean the Universal currently building an expansion to the most popular and successful theme park expansion in history? The one, in the same park hundreds of feet away, building another likely E-Ticket attraction the likes of which the Mouse hasn't seen in about a decade? The one who spent money on a new nighttime spectacular and daytime parade, the likes of which we haven't seen in years at other parks not to be named? Are you referencing the Universal, which actually created an attraction that was voted best new attraction of 2012, and might be coming to USF in the not-so-distant future? The same Universal, which is actually updating it's rides with 4K digital projection and new technology? Is this the Universal that built not one, but two Mummy coasters for the cost of one Disco Yeti?

That Universal?

Reactions: BJCool
I changed what I wrote before you even responded. It came out ignorant.

How I see universal is that, if they won't make money doing a 4th of July firework show they won't spend it. I know it's a business but I'm sure the amount of money they invest in a firework show would make guest come back to city walk next year. They wouldn't even feel that amount of money, especially what they made from potter.

Universal is getting better but I feel it needs a lot of work. And that disco yeti, it's unacceptable, however, when Disney built that robot, it was the first time any animatronic that massive and technological was ever put into a ride. They took a risk by doing something that was never done before.

Last edited:
This whole ordeal is ludicrous, plain and simple. If something is not advertised that it will happen, then people should not show up out of sheer ignorance thinking that, "Oh, of course Universal will have a 4th of July fireworks display, let's not waste the 40 seconds it would take to Google search and look up the facts or call guest relations. Let's just perch ourselves randomly on Universal property and demand that a magnificent fireworks show happen, because my ineptitude to go to other places that have advertised July 4th shows would require me to have logic and reason."

This is Uni's first year/Summer with this new nighttime show, let them do their thing and change it or add special seasonal aspects when they feel up to it.

Last edited:
This whole ordeal is ludicrous, plain and simple. If something is not advertised that it will happen, then people should not show up out of sheer ignorance thinking that, "Oh, of course Universal will have a 4th of July fireworks display, let's not waste the 40 seconds it would take to Google search and look up the facts or call guest relations. Let's just perch ourselves randomly on Universal property and demand that a magnificent fireworks show happen, because my ineptitude to go to other places that have advertised July 4th shows would require me to have logic and reason."

But BJ, what about 'merica? We must blow stuff up to celebrate 'merica!

DespicableMe%20028.jpg

I think the problem is that Universal, for lack of a better term, doesn't have the greatest "huge crowd" set-up for a grand celebration. I know they go all out for New Year's, but I think they hold off for the 4th due to it.