Harmonious | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd love to be in the room as Chapek is presented with actual data that IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth rated better with guests than his IP infusion does (if such a thing were true).

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'd love to be in the room as Chapek is presented with actual data that IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth rated better with guests than his IP infusion does (if such a thing were true).

I have no doubt Disney internally thinks it’s as popular or more popular than ROE.

I’d wait until tourism has self-corrected a bit before making too many conclusions based on satisfaction figures. Right now the park is full of APs/locals or diehards who chose Disney as one of their first domestic vacations since travel restrictions eased up. They’re more influenced by nostalgia than most…it’d be interesting to get another readout after a year of unrestricted international travel.

I could just be biased because I thought the show was really cool.

Reactions: OrlLover
It’s sad that that is a true statement and it’s also the highest rated nighttime spectacular on property at the moment…
Part of that is because there’s only two nighttime shows running right now and they very unnecessarily got rid of Happily Ever After. Or at the very least, if they were going to replace it, they should’ve replaced it with something that’s at least as good if not better.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Fantasmic is the highest rated once it comes back.

Reactions: shiekra38
Part of that is because there’s only two nighttime shows running right now and they very unnecessarily got rid of Happily Ever After. Or at the very least, if they were going to replace it, they should’ve replaced it with something that’s at least as good if not better.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Fantasmic is the highest rated once it comes back.
Harmo at least has some attempt at creative visuals and some heart, whatever the show is called that replaced Happily is just so hollow

Reactions: Nick
So Disney+ is making this show look way better than it really is. Like, by far. I actually enjoyed the D+ presentation of the show with the different angles, narration, choir, individual singing and instrumental performances, and the gospel choir.

I don’t mind the show as much as some, but this is obviously the ultimate version.

So Disney+ is making this show look way better than it really is. Like, by far. I actually enjoyed the D+ presentation of the show with the different angles, narration, choir, individual singing and instrumental performances, and the gospel choir.

I don’t mind the show as much as some, but this is obviously the ultimate version.
I agree it’s almost like this show was meant to be a live concert each night. They really only showed the actual “show” 5-10% of the time, and that’s being generous.

Reactions: Nick
At the start of Harmonious Live I was wondering why Disney went through all the trouble and cost to put it on. Then it hit me that Harmonious’ guest ratings must be so low that this was Disney’s attempt at boosting those numbers. Kind of pathetic.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
At the start of Harmonious Live I was wondering why Disney went through all the trouble and cost to put it on. Then it hit me that Harmonious’ guest ratings must be so low that this was Disney’s attempt at boosting those numbers. Kind of pathetic.
If that was the case, they would have done it for MK's fireworks show seeing as @Magic Feather said that Harmonious is the most popular nighttime show currently. If the GSATs were that low, they wouldn't be doing a special, they'd be tweaking it based on guest feedback like they did with RoL, which is not something they are doing.

I think we need to just chalk this up to Disney doing something relatively cheap to give extra content to Disney+. As good as it looked and with all the performers there, this cost next to nothing compared to the average Disney+ offering (even some of the lesser things on the service) and it also did very well for Disney on social media with the live stream trending high on twitter all night.

I'll also mention that Disney+ was marketing this as a World Music Day event for the service.

I think this was also a test into live streaming events on Disney plus, wonder if this opens the door to then live streaming D23 directly into Disney plus?

Reactions: frank_1991_
I think this was also a test into live streaming events on Disney plus, wonder if this opens the door to then live streaming D23 directly into Disney plus?
This was only the third live stream they've done, but by far the most popular one and the most promoted one. We have to remember, they have ordered at least two seasons of Dancing With The Stars to be live streamed onto Disney+ and Elton John's last ever US concert, which will be at Dodgers Stadium in November, will also be live streamed on Disney+.

I assume they are trying to get the consumer accustomed to livestreams and then they are going to likely introduce the ad-tier at D23, which will roughly coincide with DWTS debut. Disney will financially benefit greatly from these live streams when they can run ads on them. It allows it to be more like a television broadcast where Disney is able to profit from companies buying up ad placements not only within shows, but on live streams as well.

Over time, after Disney has 100% ownership of Hulu legally and Comcast is officially out of the picture, I feel like much, if not all of Hulu will be folded in to Disney+ like that type of content is internationally and Hulu + Live TV may even go with it over to Disney+ if you want that option if Disney+ is going to be doing livestreams, anyway. Why spend the money to run two streaming services if you only need one, right?

That's my thoughts, but of course now we're digging in a bit deep to the Disney+ conversation.

Reactions: Alicia
If that was the case, they would have done it for MK's fireworks show seeing as @Magic Feather said that Harmonious is the most popular nighttime show currently. If the GSATs were that low, they wouldn't be doing a special, they'd be tweaking it based on guest feedback like they did with RoL, which is not something they are doing.

I think we need to just chalk this up to Disney doing something relatively cheap to give extra content to Disney+. As good as it looked and with all the performers there, this cost next to nothing compared to the average Disney+ offering (even some of the lesser things on the service) and it also did very well for Disney on social media with the live stream trending high on twitter all night.

I'll also mention that Disney+ was marketing this as a World Music Day event for the service.

Counter point: it’s one of two shows running. I’ve been told it rates around RoE internally and TP ratings it’s a trash fire.

I agree it’s almost like this show was meant to be a live concert each night. They really only showed the actual “show” 5-10% of the time, and that’s being generous.

This is the problem of the show design, when your guiding light from the division president is “people like Disney concerts” then yes adding elements of a concert would improve it.

I do wonder if Disney is going to Hail Mary and add singers/orchestra to the show.

Counter point: it’s one of two shows running. I’ve been told it rates around RoE internally and TP ratings it’s a trash fire.

This is the problem of the show design, when your guiding light from the division president is “people like Disney concerts” then yes adding elements of a concert would improve it.

I do wonder if Disney is going to Hail Mary and add singers/orchestra to the show.
The singers/orchestra would add pretty much nothing to the show as only a fraction of a percentage would actually see the performers.

Furthermore, it wasn’t necessarily the singers /Orchestra that made last nights stream.All of that sounded pretty much exact. The show has always sounded great. The problem is it’s been a chore to hold your attention for 18 minutes, which was no problem for me last night when the live stream focused on the performers instead of the actual show.

Basically, what they did last night was hide the weakest part of the show, which ironically IS the show.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
The singers/orchestra would add pretty much nothing to the show as only a fraction of a percentage would actually see the performers.

Furthermore, it wasn’t necessarily the singers /Orchestra that made last nights stream.All of that sounded pretty much exact. The show has always sounded great. The problem is it’s been a chore to hold your attention for 18 minutes, which was no problem for me last night when the live stream focused on the performers instead of the actual show.

Basically, what they did last night was hide the weakest part of the show, which ironically IS the show.

I really do wonder if Disney is trying to find a way to "fix" the show without involving WDI or altering the actual show or if they're attempting counterprogramming for the show. Case in point, releasing an official recording with bells and whistles on D+ to counter all the YouTube EPCOT HARMONIOUS 4K BEST EDIT WHOLE SHOW videos.