1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

Discussion in 'Wizarding World - Diagon Alley' started by Felipe, May 13, 2014.

1. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I could be full of poo, but I believe sometimes the synching and squenching of some of the projectors will be a bit off leading to an image blur...Also - I always forget to look up during the launch part, It's certainly not as bad as Kong with sightlines, where you have to basically force yourself to not look

12th Man likes this.
  2. WAJAS98

WAJAS98 Veteran Member

I do know that when those projectors are out of sync it is VERY noticable, but that's it.

3. Skubersky

Skubersky Member

That's interesting, I've done Gringotts with an AAP and always used the middle lane. I'll ask around to see what changed.

Joel likes this.
  4. anihilnation

anihilnation Veteran Member

I once had an express ticket for Gringotts after the ride had broken down or something, and when I came to use it, they also directed me the same way as Tielo described. I think it might just be that every so often they do this for a guest, so that they have about zero wait time.

Mad Dog likes this.
  5. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

I've always been directed down the middle lane and then use the golden elevators past the faux preshow elevators. Granted, we had a wheelchair in our party.

6. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

7. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

I'm still trying to figure out why in the world they decided to make the locker room so small. Thought they would have learned their lesson after FJ.

Would they be able to expand that out (towards the entrance of the ride) to make it a bit roomier? I can't remember how close they are to the exit-shop.

universal_fanatic likes this.
  8. PINK

PINK Newcomer

Finally got to ride it and it was so fun. It wasn’t scary at all and I get scared easily.

9. Jonathan Edewaard

Jonathan Edewaard Newcomer

Created this fun poster for the attraction! Though you guys might enjoy :grin: Escape from Gringotts Poster v2 (medium res).png

UNIrd, Trumen882, jseal777 and 11 others like this.
  10. illumination

illumination Rookie

11. HonorableMention

HonorableMention Newcomer

I know this thread hasn’t been super active lately, but I’ve had a question about this ride for a while. I remember the big news during construction that Daniel Radcliffe wouldn’t be returning to play Harry for the ride, as he was done with the franchise.

My question is: how did they recreate Harry on the ride without him? Hermione in all of Diagon is an obviously bad recast, so did they get a soundalike for Radcliffe? The voice always sounded a lot more convincing to me. And did they just make a CG body for him since you’re never that close to him? I’ve never been on the ride so I haven’t been able to see these screens in person.

12. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

If my memory serves me correct, I believe I read that they used previous filmed footage and just put it into that scene, so the voices would not be an issue if that was the case. . Perhaps someone else could add to that if my recall was bad.

truejonas likes this.
  13. OLSinFLA

OLSinFLA Veteran Member

The only real person is Ron. Everything else is CGI. And yes, its voice doubles.

faceleg and GadgetGuru like this.