Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what I've heard from those who've been through the Gringott's queue, one of the real standouts of it all is the elevator, which takes the Haunted Mansion elevator to the next level.

Does anyone have any info as to what the single rider line experience is like? Do they still get to see Weasley's office and the elevator scene?

Gringotts review with ride photo: The iconic wizarding bank is the one and only ride in Diagon Alley (besides the Hogwarts Express). It’s really impressive.

The first thing we noticed was that the queue is a stark departure from the queue at Forbidden Journey in Hogsmeade, visually. The Gringotts queue is sleek and clean, and while you’re waiting in line you’re presented with an opportunity to have a picture of you and your group taken. The group picture, and individual Gringotts bank identification cards, can be purchased and printed after you ride. Here’s ours:
gringotts-bank-photo.jpg

After a couple of impressive show elements in the queue, you board your Gringotts bank cart and head off for a journey that clocks in at about five minutes in length. The majority of the ride relies on huge (at points as large as 320-degree, by our estimate) screens where you watch much of the action.

There’s no debating this: Gringotts is a tamer ride than Forbidden Journey. It felt like the ride is intended to be more family oriented – but not in a childish type of way. There are several very exciting action sequences, including some great moments between Bellatrix and Voldemort, and two good parts where your vehicle really thrusts.

But besides a handful of fast-paced moments, don’t expect this to feel like a coaster.

The ride requires 3D glasses (though the 3D effects weren’t intense) and there are several 4D effects like water, fire, and wind. It was really fun, but we have to admit that we were expecting something more intense.
For example, thrill seekers will want to focus their visit on Hogsmeade where you can enjoy Forbidden Journey and Dueling Dragons, whereas families will lean more towards Diagon Alley for Gringotts and the Hogwarts Express.

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/harry-potter-and-the-escape-from-gringotts-ride-review/

I wonder about technology and technicals aspects of the ride. Did it feel like it was 100% ready or were there parts you felt were missing or off?

And 5 minute ride time is a very long ride, I'm loving that it will be well worth the ride.

We all knew this was going to be mark dark ride than coaster so this should come as no shock to anyone who has been following along here. Im fine with that and think it opens up this ride to a whole group of people who may have missed out on FJ because of its intensity or movements.

We all knew this was going to be mark dark ride than coaster so this should come as no shock to anyone who has been following along here. Im fine with that and think it opens up this ride to a whole group of people who may have missed out on FJ because of its intensity or movements.

It's still kind of funny to me how FJ is considered more intense, because I viewed that as a dark ride/kiddie ride (although it is still scary and intense at parts). But the movement itself is so gentle I'm not afraid to wear flip flops on it, or hold my camera with one hand the entire time. I was kind of surprised to hear Gringott's is more mild than FJ as far as movement goes. However, the movement doesn't take away from the fact that the visuals will be incredible!

It's still kind of funny to me how FJ is considered more intense, because I viewed that as a dark ride/kiddie ride (although it is still scary and intense at parts). But the movement itself is so gentle I'm not afraid to wear flip flops on it, or hold my camera with one hand the entire time. I was kind of surprised to hear Gringott's is more mild than FJ as far as movement goes. However, the movement doesn't take away from the fact that the visuals will be incredible!
'Thrilling' is so subjective I don't pay attention to it...Some find 7DMT a thrilling experience, while I don't..some find JPRA a not thrilling experience while I do..So far there have been reviews that defend both more thrilling and less than FJ..personally I would pay more attention to the 'wow, incredible tech and huge sets' then pay attention to what people say about thrill level..I will also hold my judgement till I ride

I clocked Gringotts at just over 4 minutes. Felt a little shorter than FJ.
I rode 1 & 1/2 times, there were E-stops & evacs aplenty last night and it never opened at all this afternoon.
Really enjoyed my 1 full ride but think I like FJ & Spidey better. Video was not as sharp & vivid as Transformers. Coaster motion is closer to 7DMT (but longer) than Mummy.
Overall I give it 4 1/2 stars out of 5.
Full reviews soon on TouringPlans and OrlandoWeekly...

It's the type of motion in FJ. Maybe not intense, but a lot of bouncing, and you're essentially moving sideways when it looks like you're supposed to be going forward. I can ride Dragon Challenge all day but I have to ride FJ before the butterbeer, never after. Kind of reminds me of Body Wars vs Star Tours.

I felt like this ride should've been more intense than F.J. This kinda bums me out. At least as intense as mummy. (Coaster motion closer than 7DMT!!!) The people that rode it already, wouldn't you say the teasers universal put together of the coaster are misleading because it doesn't go that fast? Is it like thunder mountain???

I seem to remember most of the insiders here continuously saying Gringotts was going to be a family ride, less intense than Forbidden Journey and not really a coaster as we think of one. This ride is basically what I've expected after reading OU forums for the past year or so. It's going to be a superb attraction that most of the family can do together and still satisfy those who want a ride as thrilling as Spiderman or Transformers. I don't believe Universal wanted the ride to be on FJ's intensity level, since that excluded many from riding it.

Does anybody have a scene by scene rundown of the ride?

Check out theme park insider for their ride review with spoilers. M!cechat also has a nice overview of the entire expansion with many photos.

Here's another review that offers a few more details: http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/explore-florida/new-escape-gringotts-ride-universal-3726424

"Raging Lord Voldemort appeared out of a black cloud, snarled at me and suggested a dose of pain was in order. His Death Eater sidekick Bellatrix Lestrange flashed her whip of lightning directly into my face and I ducked. And that was after I'd survived two full frontal attacks by giant trolls in armour! This is all so real."

Last edited:
I felt like this ride should've been more intense than F.J. This kinda bums me out. At least as intense as mummy. (Coaster motion closer than 7DMT!!!) The people that rode it already, wouldn't you say the teasers universal put together of the coaster are misleading because it doesn't go that fast? Is it like thunder mountain???

Have you been paying attention to any details of this expansion the whole time you've been here? You posted before if anyone else was bummed there's only 1 or 2 new rides. We've known this. And now you're surprised it's not a high-speed thrill ride? HTF must be turning in his forum grave.

There's been a nasty rumor going around that Gringotts won't be opening in July. For those who have been to the media event, what are your thoughts on this?