Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rode it this morning. Got in line around 8 with a posted wait of 2 hours when it only took 90 minutes. The preshow room is awesome and full of hidden details, and the elevator was a ride in itself! They were using both sides of the loading platform, and I had to wait about 3-5 minutes to get on my side. When the ride started, things started going out smoothly..... aaaaaaaaand I'm stuck on the tilt. Being stuck at that angle for about 5 minutes wasn't fun, but I looked around the room and it was full of detail. After those 5 minutes, the track lifted back up and we started over again. The next 2 scenes weren't working so I have no idea what's happening in the ride, but fortunately the following scenes were working. It was pretty good from what I rode (the KUKA screen at the end was awesome), but considering I missed out on half of the ride I can't fully judge it yet.

Went in single rider this morning, and it took 1 1/2 hours to ride. I went back around 3 and only had to wait 15 minutes in single rider when the TM's at the entrance said it would take an hour.

Rode it twice back to back in about a 30 minute window. First and last row. Last row whips yoy through the drop and gives such a good view if the tilt mechanics since I did that ride with glasses off. The fall/dragon scene tuls up to 50 degrees or so and the hydraulics for the track are HUGE!!! I can understand how they are still ironing out this ride and such. The sensors must be so sensitive since the track is disconnecting and reconnecting in multiple places at such a fast interval. 3 rides total under my belt and I am still blown away at what they acomplished.

Ok... on a tangent... Here we have been lead to believe that this was a LIM ride, but I see centered rotating tires in one area. Are LIMs not powerful enough to affect a launch, is this why the tires are present? The scene where the armored giant swings the cars back and forth along the track only to throw the car to oblivion. Is the back and forth movement LIM?

If someone here has the knowledge to details and reasons behind the engineering of the rides various transport and propulsions as well as the whys, I would appreciate it.

Ok... on a tangent... Here we have been lead to believe that this was a LIM ride, but I see centered rotating tires in one area. Are LIMs not powerful enough to affect a launch, is this why the tires are present? The scene where the armored giant swings the cars back and forth along the track only to throw the car to oblivion. Is the back and forth movement LIM?

If someone here has the knowledge to details and reasons behind the engineering of the rides various transport and propulsions as well as the whys, I would appreciate it.
When I rode it earlier I noticed that the rotating wheels were used mostly throughout the ride. However in a few scenes it looks like they used the LIM's on the first screen, and the "free fall" scene, but it was too dark to tell if it was or not.

I believe it is all tires. I am curiois as to the reason because the tires can make it janky at times. My guess would be thay lims either dont fit unter the vehicles due to the rotation device or the fins do fit on the side because of the spinning as well.

I believe it is all tires. I am curiois as to the reason because the tires can make it janky at times. My guess would be thay lims either dont fit unter the vehicles due to the rotation device or the fins do fit on the side because of the spinning as well.

Well then, I want to get to the bottom of this. Are there no LIMs on this ride? Is it all Hulk tires?

I have no insider knowledge or insight into the reasoning, but I believe HTF said many months ago (maybe in a podcast) that the ride was all tire-driven.

Well then, I want to get to the bottom of this. Are there no LIMs on this ride? Is it all Hulk tires?

The tires are in the middle of the track and orient a ted vertically like tires on a car as opposed to laying flat in pairs like hulk. I think the tires are the only thing that feels antiquated on the ride.

Cause tires can be stopped faster in case of a blocking incursion. Each tire basically becomes a mini block and they can speed up or slow down the ride at the micro level during programing to get intervals and car placement for 3d just right. Something you can't do easily with a LIM system.

Last edited:
So I got the chance to check out Diagon Alley and Gringotts this weekend. I'm a rather large man, about 6'3" and 330 pounds. I have been nervous for weeks that I wouldn't be able to ride. I tried the test seats and got a red light, but I knew I would regret it if I didn't try anyways. So I got to the park for early opening today and waited about 20 minutes to get on. The ride broke down right when I was next to get in, so I had to sit nervously for about 15 minutes. When it was finally time to sit down I sucked in as hard as I could. It took a little extra push from a TM, and it was tight, but I made it. This ride was amazing! I write this so that maybe some other large nervous fans can have hope. Just for the record, Mummy is also a little tight for me, but I thought Gringotts was just a little bit tighter.

I'm stuck in the single riders line for Gringotts now. It's been broken down for almost an hour so far.

I'm stuck in the single riders line for Gringotts now. It's been broken down for almost an hour so far.

Does anyone have inside info regarding whether or not they have made ANY progress on fixing these issues? If I didn't know better, I'd say they're content just letting the line stay at 2+ hours.

If this were running anywhere near capacity, I expect waits would be comparable to FJ. Makes me consider holding off on my August trip.

Value engineering. Changing tires cost less than the electricity cost of the LIMs.