Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 249 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess that for something to be interactive in a queue, doesn't mean it would require additional purchases, or be something that could cause slow downs.

Exactly. I’m thinking more 7DMT than using a wand.

*Tina Belcher groan*

Interactive queues are the worst
At first, I was excited. Then I read this and I agree- I can’t think of a single interactive queue that adds to the experience.
Immersive? Definitely.
Actors? For sure. (Sans F&F)
Interactive? Can’t think of one. And if nothing else it clogs the line up.

Reactions: |Q|
I hope it's like Haunted Mansion....everyone loves the Haunted Mansion interactive queue

Am I right?!!?

When it works....

It isn't bad. I see a lot of people just walk by without paying any attention. The 7DMT interactive games are annoying when you have kids holding up the line or running back and forth. The little treasure hunt in Little Mermaid can be kind of fun and doesn't clog things up. So, interactive queues are definitely a mixed bag.

I much prefer how Forbidden Journey blends the queue into the storyline.

When it works....

It isn't bad. I see a lot of people just walk by without paying any attention. The 7DMT interactive games are annoying when you have kids holding up the line or running back and forth. The little treasure hunt in Little Mermaid can be kind of fun and doesn't clog things up. So, interactive queues are definitely a mixed bag.

Peter Pan’s nursery with the shadow wall and Winnie the Pooh’s honey walls are fun and don’t hold up the line too.

Reactions: SkiBum and Ryno27
When it works....

FJ and Gringotts are examples of queues that are not interactive, but super enjoyable

Peter Pan’s nursery with the shadow wall and Winnie the Pooh’s honey walls are fun and don’t hold up the line too.

Very true. I was going to mention Winnie the Pooh but forgot. Pan's is really well done from that vantage point. Took a basic cowpen queue and expanded to give some really nice storyline details.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I still say best move in the world was to make queues just as much of an experiment as the ride, gotta put universal on top for that..
They understand that you spend a lot of time in line during your day, might as well make it enjoyable...I do think HP gets a little bit more grace as it has so much iconic imagery to build a queue out of

I do think sometimes they shoot themselves in the foot...The grander the queue, the higher the anticipation for the ride....So it's very easy to come out disappointed a bit (see: Kong)

I believe that I prefer the super enjoyable to interactive queues. However, no kids and so I can appreciate a queue where I can look around and see different things.
I enjoy them as well...I like what they are trying with the virtual queues, but I think they're smart enough to know that wont work on big E-tickets

Exactly. I’m thinking more 7DMT than using a wand.
That would be terrible. Those screens with that gem stone thingy is awful.

There is some fun interactivity at the Mummy queue though.

Looking at the probable story line (we the students go with Hagrid on a educational journey trough the outskirts of the Forbidden Forrest) I guess our knowledge is tested about the flora and fauna. Them all being alive could result in some fun surprised and elements/actors/puppeteers to interact with. We could also move trough different rooms to keep it all going.

Reactions: Ryno27
Status
Not open for further replies.