Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 342 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida doesn't have the same resources readily available for bricks...that is why most houses are cinder block construction. Shipping in such an enormous amount of heavy brick could be a cost factor.
I'm with you guys on building with real bricks to last, but sometimes using other materials are more cost effective and last for several decades (probably by the time Harry Potter is just a memory).
Demo later on would be more cost effective with less tonnage of waste.

I always thought (but I don't know why) Fluffy would be in the circular building. But Universal building the roof on the building with nothing in it makes me wonder how a big AA like that could be squeezed it it. Anyone an idea what is going in there?

Well, King Kong arrived in a number of crates and was assembled where he now sits. I remember that even the fur came separately and for a short time was just draped on the frame making it look like Kong before the facelift.

So, I have no doubt that Hagrid might come with assembly required instructions too. ;)

I had thought that it would be an empty cabin with all of Hagrid's stuff inside or utilize screens to show something in there. Since there is a launch immediately afterward, I believe that it is a screen and probably reflecting something nasty either waking up or objecting to our being in there.
I don't think the center of attention will be a screen.

Florida doesn't have the same resources readily available for bricks...that is why most houses are cinder block construction. Shipping in such an enormous amount of heavy brick could be a cost factor.
I'm with you guys on building with real bricks to last, but sometimes using other materials are more cost effective and last for several decades (probably by the time Harry Potter is just a memory).
Also that type of construction is not very common all together anymore.The way they apply bricks nowadays is very different from back then. Plus with natural disasters some places(California) have to use wood as it’s apparently more stable during earthquakes than bricks.

I don't think the center of attention will be a screen.

Due to the light bleed, I would be shocked to see Hagrid be a screen for when in the hut.

They can very easily do a Hagrid AA, and it would not look wrong, at all.

Trust me, I hope that it is a good AA as much as anything. Just throwing out a thought. We'll be in that hut for quite a few moments, too, depending on speed of the tire propulsion.

Reactions: Ryno27
Trust me, I hope that it is a good AA as much as anything. Just throwing out a thought. We'll be in that hut for quite a few moments, too, depending on speed of the tire propulsion.
I expect it to be the speed you leave the load on EFG to the tilt as they power you through. Brisk walk

American Adventure building at Epcot is real brick :)

Reactions: Andysol and Teebin
Status
Not open for further replies.