Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Realy? Are you serious?! The whole "look this is the Beasts castle and his bestial lover who can't pay the bill so they converted it into a restaurant" doesn't make sense to me.
If they do they Great Dining Hall it needs to be like the movie and/or the books. Not a cheap theme park-ified version.

Well it certainly wouldn't have the faux castle on top...I would suggest floo poweder to transport us into Hogwarts...Or maybe we have to pass through the Chamber of Secrets underground to get "into" the Great Hall...

I think there are some liberties that they can take with the tables....At the end of the day I would say everything is going to be theme park-ified to some extent (safety signs, cast members pushing trash cans through, reservation and waiting table outside, etc)...Sometimes you just have to suspend your disbelief

Wouldn’t it be cool to change the current queue entrance to walking below the roots of the whomping willow, with the tree rising to 100’ above. A twist of canon I know, but the tree is somewhere between the castle and the FF.

Just musing...
They actually do go under the Willow in the movies

Reactions: JoeCamel
Im going to repeat myself every few months in the hopes that UC is reading.

Take out the Hogshead and make it standalone. In reality, it is a staging room (with a functioning bar so you can drink while you wait for your reservation) have Arianna Dumbledore's painting become a door like in Enchanted Tales and use the tunnel to get to the great hall resturaunt. Make the tunnel a little winding, maybe some faux elevation changes using temperature control and design so people think they're actually walking towards Hogwarts. It's cannon, and allows for the resturaunt to be wherever they would like on the cleared land as long as the show building is hidden.

Last edited:
man, I know Orlando is above sea level (at least more so than it is down south)...but how deep are they going there? Do they just need to move the lake they seem to be filling or something?

Reactions: JoeCamel
man, I know Orlando is above sea level (at least more so than it is down south)...but how deep are they going there? Do they just need to move the lake they seem to be filling or something?

If they’re digging in that particular area I think they’re either going for depth for a ride building or going to get some utilities over there for shops - or the ride building.

If the ride building is that close to Hogsmeade proper they’re going to have it lowered into the ground to not have it loom over it.

My first reaction is that the are laying stormwater drainage pipes that will connect to the lagoons. I am assuming they will want to build where those detention ponds were.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
This hopefully won't be an EFG clone. (Or Kong, Fallon, Transformers, FF). Them replacing a couple of the greatest coasters of all time for another one of those might make me consider cancelling my AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.