Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright - Point of order

The Shrieking Shack is in Hogsmeade. It’s not in, near, or by the Forbidden Forest.

A Shrieking Shack queue would enter from Hogsmeade and a canon break would have the right in the Forbidden Forest.

They could have you enter the shrieking shack, Have the next part of the queue go through the tunnel, come out by the whomping willow(either have it moving as an AA or have someone there with a spell of it to keep it from moving) and then enter the Forest to board the ride vehicles.

They could have you enter the shrieking shack, Have the next part of the queue go through the tunnel, come out by the whomping willow(either have it moving as an AA or have someone there with a spell of it to keep it from moving) and then enter the Forest to board the ride vehicles.
Or, enter at the thestral “stables.”

Since we don’t know ride vehicles yet, it’s impossible to know what a queue would be.

Reactions: fryoj
I'd say it's the opposite. I don't see why they would keep one building for the queue when they could incorporate it into the new show building.

That's not how ride buildings work. Look at a satellite view of any ride. The ride buildings are almost always big boxes. The queue buildings are almost always lower-ceilinged annexes to those blocky ride buildings. That's because ride buildings are basically big warehouses and require different supports. It's just cheaper to build that way. That's why the two-story Super Nintendo World is such a revolutionary theme park concept.

Alright - Point of order

The Shrieking Shack is in Hogsmeade. It’s not in, near, or by the Forbidden Forest.

A Shrieking Shack queue would enter from Hogsmeade and a canon break would have the right in the Forbidden Forest.

I obviously am not up on my Harry Potter canon. The Wiki says that it's an abandoned house in Hogsmeade but all pictures show it by itself in the middle of nowhere. So it's rural Hogsmeade. It can be reached via a passage hidden by the Whomping Willow, which is in Hogwarts proper.

So here's the part that confuses me. They were all in the Shrieking Shack and escaped via the Whomping Willow passage. Lupin turned into a werewolf and then fought with Snape and "escaped into the Forbidden Forest", suggesting those two things are near each other. Unless this secret passage is a million miles long, the Shrieking Shack would have to be somewhat "near" the Forbidden Forest, right? Unless the lake separating Hogsmeade from Hogwarts is some massive lake the rest of the world doesn't know about...

Anyhow, the idea of your queue is a good one, though I just can't see them doing the Whomping Willow right. I think they could have you "exit" the Shack and it would only seem like you were outside with the Willow when you were still actually inside. I still have issues with the fact that the Shrieking Shack sits by itself in a non-foresty area. I can't see them being able to accomplish that, not with a huge ride building behind it. They could hide the ride building behind a snowy mountain, of course. If they can't pull off that visual, though, I hope they just go with a Whomping Willow entrance and use the former queue entrance to expand Hogsmeade.

Last edited:
That's not how ride buildings work. Look at a satellite view of any ride. The ride buildings are almost always big boxes. The queue buildings are almost always lower-ceilinged annexes to those blocky ride buildings. That's because ride buildings are basically big warehouses and require different supports. It's just cheaper to build that way. That's why the two-story Super Nintendo World is such a revolutionary theme park concept.

Almost all the big show buildings are built the same time as the queue, it doesn't matter if they have different levels as it's all built at once. Show buildings with a coaster inside, don't have any different supports compared to other show buildings as the coaster is almost never attached to the building. Mummy isn't connected to the show building and RnRC was built with the track first and the building around it second.

5.jpg

Nintendo isn't a revolutionary idea either with it's two storeys. It's been done before, it's been done with Transformers in the same park 4 years ago and the way it's looking, SLOP could possibly do it before Nintendo opens at USF.

Am I the only one that is much more interested in what they do with Queue, traffic flow, extra shops and a more immersive/expansive Hogsmeade than what the actual ride vehicle is.
Certainly a point of interest...The expansion will alleviate stress from the tight bottleneck in Hogsmede

Reactions: Grits0808
well i want to see a large open area so they can put in a massive Christmas tree that you can use the wands on.like the one they have in japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.