Harry Shearer Leaves The Simpsons | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Shearer Leaves The Simpsons

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what I read in another article it made it sound like he doesn't necessarily want to leave but there are issues with them allowing to do other work and in the past there were no issue but with the new contract they put a stop to that and the ball in Fox's court

I am guessing Fox will back down after already approving two series.

Although with the cast ageing I bet they are having some tough conversations every time new a new series is Green-Lit.

He's come out and said he has no problem continuing to work for the show, but wants time to do other projects.

I think the end is inevitable though.

I think they should take it as a sign to end the show. I enjoy going back and watching the older episodes on FXX but the last few seasons haven't been memorable at all. And no way can you replace those characters voices after 25 years

They'll be replacing him with another voice actor or actors to do his roles (Flanders, etc.). He was also a holdout for the Simpsons attractions at Universal so perhaps with new performer(s) in his roles we'll get them appearing at Universal in some form.

He's come out and said he has no problem continuing to work for the show, but wants time to do other projects.

I think the end is inevitable though.

Uh huh. And what was the reason he was absent from The Simpsons Ride?

Hint: It's green and he already has 65-million of it so he should probably just show up and make funny voices with his mouth like a good little voice actor.

Uh huh. And what was the reason he was absent from The Simpsons Ride?

Hint: It's green and he already has 65-million of it so he should probably just show up and make funny voices with his mouth like a good little voice actor.

He didn't leave because of money issues, he left because the new contract didn't allow him to do other things.

He didn't leave because of money issues, he left because the new contract didn't allow him to do other things.

Sorry, but I don't belive that excuse for a second. Why would any studio forbid you for seeking other employment opportunities? This was a money/merchandise thing, no doubt about it.

Yeah, that's what I'd tell people too if I was being offered $14-million and didn't think it was good enough. :dance:

Maybe I would start to buy that excuse if he hadn't already held out in the past. What other reason would he NOT be apart of The Simpsons Ride other than money?

Yeah, that's what I'd tell people too if I was being offered $14-million and didn't think it was good enough. :dance:

Maybe I would start to buy that excuse if he hadn't already held out in the past. What other reason would he NOT be apart of The Simpsons Ride other than money?

Maybe he is a die hard Disney fan :shrug: :lol:

You could replace him... The new guy that does Mickey after Wayne's death is doing a pretty decent job as is the new Elmo. You can replace these voices.