Hasbro/Paramount Five Year Film Deal | Inside Universal Forums

Hasbro/Paramount Five Year Film Deal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
From Coming Soon, Paramount and Hasbro's Allspark Pictures and the new Allspark Animation has inked a film deal, that will be of producing and distributing motion pictures; for both the two production umbrellas.

Hasbro and Paramount Strike Five-Year Film Deal

Allspark Pictures, has had prior contributions in the live action front with Universal on Jem and the Holograms, Ouija: Origin of Evil and My Little Pony: The Movie, and will be headed by Greg Mooradian; who's previous contributions have included being the Exec. Producer of the Twilight Saga.

And as for Allspark Animation, the newly announced handle as of last month; Allspark Animation will oversee future animated projects. Allspark Animation will be headed by Meghan McCarthy; who has had previous experience in animation from Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, and was the show editor for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic for Season Four and was executive producer until she stepped up to become head of storytelling for Hasbro. She has also worked on the script for the My Little Pony film that was released this past October.

Currently, Allspark Pictures has the Bumblebee Spin-Off in production, as it will be directed by Travis Knight; President and CEO of Laika. And as far as Allspark Animation, indications have been of possible Transformers and My Little Pony theatrical films somewhere in development.

What do you think of the importance of this? Do you wish well for the new deal, or wish for it to die off quickly? Comment down below!

Three Paramount/Hasbro Projects have been dated, with a rumored release date for the My Little Pony movie sequel has come out.

GI Joe will return to cinemas on March 27th, 2020 with Micronauts releasing on October 16th of 2020. And in the summer of 2021, Dungeons and Dragons will return to the big screen on July 23rd, with an untitled Hasbro/Paramount film scheduled to be releasing on October 1st of the same year.

And following recent internal leaks, the sequel to the underperforming My Little Pony film seems to be releasing in the vicinity of 2019 with Boulder Media being attached, making it the first possible project to be from the Allspark Animation handle, as it's goal will act as a prequel to the fifth generation of the toy-branded series.