Helios Grand Hotel | Inside Universal Forums

Helios Grand Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pretty...
Universal-Orlando-Resort-012924-4-58001c7b33df4b6596b563579fd9bd4b.jpg

I'm curious if the operations of this hotel will be similar to how Beijing's "in-park" hotel is handled. It's obvious the park-facing rooms will be $$$$

Unlike Beijing though, guests on the upper level rooms will be able to see the main fountain "show" at night.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Maybe I'll finally be able to afford Portofino with this one coming online. *fingers crossed*
My strategy too. We used to go there most every vacation (We were Gold members while they had the Rewards Program), but the past two years Deluxe price increases have elevated costs way too much. Hopefully unfilled rooms will bring prices back to earth. As I've said before, this will be the first new Deluxe rooms resort in a couple of decades.

Reactions: Grabnar
Looks nicer than any of the Orlando locations from the luxury hotel chains.

Biggest perk for me would be going back to your room after a park day to swim, change then walk out to dinner in the hub.

Reactions: Nico
Looks nicer than any of the Orlando locations from the luxury hotel chains.

Biggest perk for me would be going back to your room after a park day to swim, change then walk out to dinner in the hub.
I don’t think it offers up enough land to possibly be nicer than the Four Seasons. There’s a lot to do within their resort with excellent accommodations.

I was in the Celestial Park thread & thinking -- do we think Helios buses will drop off at CityWalk for USO/IOA? Makes the most sense, right?

If so, that'd be the only drawback I'd have about staying there. I love being able to go through HRH or RPR security and not CityWalk. It's a super minor gripe, but probably why I'd stay there once ever or rarely (if I'm even able to, depending on the rate)

Reactions: Suchomimus
I was in the Celestial Park thread & thinking -- do we think Helios buses will drop off at CityWalk for USO/IOA? Makes the most sense, right?

If so, that'd be the only drawback I'd have about staying there. I love being able to go through HRH or RPR security and not CityWalk. It's a super minor gripe, but probably why I'd stay there once ever or rarely (if I'm even able to, depending on the rate)
I'd guess that. That's what they do with the present resort buses for the most part. Plus security too.

I am not sure if anyone brought this up earlier... but Cabana Bay has an entrance right off to the side of VB's main entrance and Universal doesn't seem to bother with checking hotel keys (outside pool areas to an extent) so I don't think they care too much about non-resort guests roaming around the hotel during daytime hours.

If anything, they'd be more worried about people being dropped off or picked up there and then using Helios as a park entrance rather than dealing with everyone else at the main entrance.

I am not sure if anyone brought this up earlier... but Cabana Bay has an entrance right off to the side of VB's main entrance and Universal doesn't seem to bother with checking hotel keys (outside pool areas to an extent) so I don't think they care too much about non-resort guests roaming around the hotel during daytime hours.

If anything, they'd be more worried about people being dropped off or picked up there and then using Helios as a park entrance rather than dealing with everyone else at the main entrance.
I mean Cabana Bay is not nearly at the level this would be. So I don't think that comparison works.

Watching the Super Bowl coverage this week and this really looks like a mini Bellagio (not a bad thing).

Also hope they have some character breakfasts with Wario and Waluigi.

Reactions: kristenabelle