Hello from England! | Inside Universal Forums

Hello from England!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 19, 2014
Dorset, UK
Hi there,

Really happy to be part of this forum!

I have worked for Disney for 5 years. 3 years at Walt Disney World, and this is my 2nd year for Disney Cruise Line, so feel free to ask my anything about cruising on the four Disney ships!

I only used to listen to Inside the Magic, but Orlando United has really opened my eyes to the big wide world out there.

Feel free to ask me anything, I hope talking about theme parks. I have worked for Merlin here in the UK in Entertainment and now Entertainment at Disney.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi there,

Really happy to be part of this forum!

I have worked for Disney for 5 years. 3 years at Walt Disney World, and this is my 2nd year for Disney Cruise Line, so feel free to ask my anything about cruising on the four Disney ships!

I only used to listen to Inside the Magic, but Orlando United has really opened my eyes to the big wide world out there.

Feel free to ask me anything, I hope talking about theme parks. I have worked for Merlin here in the UK in Entertainment and now Entertainment at Disney.

Thanks,

Chris

Welcome!!

What are the chances of a massive norovirus outbreak on a ship? Seems like I'm constantly hearing about it happening to Carnival and Royal Caribbean.

Great question!

The norovirus is always in the news, but funnily enough, I have worked on the Dream and the Fantasy so far, and never been onboard while there has been a large outbreak (Large = over 2% of the overall people onboard)

Disney Cruise Line encourages regular handwashing and use of hand sanitizing wipes, so the overall illness level never really gets high enough to become a problem.

At the end of the day, if everone just washes their hands after they poop, all will be okay!

Thanks for the question!

Great question!

The norovirus is always in the news, but funnily enough, I have worked on the Dream and the Fantasy so far, and never been onboard while there has been a large outbreak (Large = over 2% of the overall people onboard)

Disney Cruise Line encourages regular handwashing and use of hand sanitizing wipes, so the overall illness level never really gets high enough to become a problem.

At the end of the day, if everone just washes their hands after they poop, all will be okay!

Thanks for the question!

We must keep Bob Costas off the boat!

Oh god, I can't believe the people I see in public that don't wash their hands. The first time I saw this was a co-worker and after that I started using paper towels to open bathroom doors and avoided all food she touched or made :)

So now, can you get us all on a Disney cruise? lol

Let's do a Orlando United cruise!! Which one do you want? I start back on contract on Saturday on a Eastern... so Port Canaveral, Seaday, Seaday, St Maarten, St Thomas, Seaday, Castaway.

Then the next week it is a western - Port Canaveral, Seaday, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Seaday, Castaway.

Personally I prefer the Eastern, more too see in my opinion!