Discussion in 'Haunted Houses' started by Brian G., Apr 14, 2019.
So apparently cinco de may and day of the dead were cut for space.
Info from Q&A:
- Cinco De Mayo and Day of the Dead was cut due to space
- "No Halloween is a new riff on an idea we did for the "Hell Comes to Haddonfield" maze for H2 years ago...go inside a pumkin with new Jack-O-Lantern characters...including a new stilt walker."
- The Music in the trailer is a Demo for the maze.
- They are using old vintage postcards as a transitional idea to set up each section
- This is not the Password maze
- Holidayz was the highest rated Scare Zone ever.
- The French Street Zone is all Christmas themed.
- Some Holidayz will get 1 scene, and others will get more than 1.
- "We're not in the plaza this year (couldn't be) so the first scene of the maze is the façade itself with characters, etc."
- There will be a lot of Scents
- The Sheet Ghosts from last year won't be in the maze.
Wow, this bout to be the shortest maze ever if no Plaza.
Not really? Halloween 2015 & El Cucuy did just fine... plus this has the bonus scare zone.
The plaza really only added the introductory graveyard, the crypt, a long black tunnel, and the villagers outside. Plenty of space for a maze in the courtyard alone.
EDITED TO ADD:
The scene breakdown for Monsters, sans plaza elements:
-Dracula Chamber + Wolf Attack
-Doctor Frankenstein Lab
-Final Scare Hallways
-Monster Masquerade scare zone
He said in a twitter Q&A that its not
I know that now, I posted the reply before he did the Q&A. He left out that Halloween was going to be a part of the maze so it was a possibility that he left that out too from the presentation since it seemed incredibly rushed
Glad to see "Halloween" got confirmed for the maze. That would be ridiculously ironic o not include the holiday that the entire event is based around.
If it's going to go "inside" for sure like El Cucuy and Halloween did, it will be fine. Besides, the maze sounds way too packed to not do that. It can't be that short.
I don't think it can go inside if they're doing stilts - they need that space for the stiltwalkers to prep.
Again, though, they squeezed ten scenes (excluding the Masquerade) out of the exterior area alone. We'll be fine.
they did this to save money :p
You're confusing the Scarezone with the Maze, mate.
No need to pay for the rights for an IP mask already made from last year, there saving money.
At least it sounds like they're giving us a kick*** maze while they're at it.
Yeah I didn't mean it was bad, just looks like they will have money for other things
A little something I picked up on when he was mentioning the Post Cards that they used for Inspiration during the panel when it had all of them it also had the Halloween one.
Possibly what the characters will look like inside the Halloween section of Holidayz?
Judging by what he said about it taking place inside a pumpkin similar to Halloween 2, I would expect the characters to look similar to Twisted Tradition from Orlando last year
I hope we get the ginger bread scent back. I have missed the times of poop and burned flesh scents. People who went through the saw mazes will remember!
I just hope we get scents back in general, I don’t even think they used them last year.
They did. John said they had switched to a new company and they just didn’t work out the way they wanted them to
Correct they won't be going inside.
Oof, sounds like a short maze
Separate names with a comma.