Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '17 - Jabbawockeez

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
After performing to sold-out shows and continuing to be the highest rated attraction at Halloween Horror Nights last year, the Jabbawockeez return from Las Vegas to Hollywood with an all-new, exclusive live show for 2017.

Combining gravity-defying choreography, stunning special effects, heavy-hitting music and their unique brand of humor, get ready for another adrenaline-raising experience.

See what new surprises await beneath the iconic masks.

I've loved the last two shows, but I was really hoping for the return of Bill and Ted this year. Damn.

Both shows were basically the exact same... And the fact that this is allegedly "BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND" is just depressing. It'd be one thing if last year was actually a completely different show (let alone good). I want to know who demanded for them to be back again... That way I can push them into a Sarlacc pit.

According to Murdy, this year's show will be "ALL NEW" :rolleyes: I'll believe it when I see it. They claimed last year's show was "ALL NEW" & it wasn't. Jabbawockeez need to actually create something unique for the event, NOT give us a 30min highlights version of their Vegas show "Dreamz".

Oh and yea... Bring back Bill & Ted (and Slaughter World) :horse:

Murdy said Bill and Ted returning is not happening, ever, in a Q&A a while back. It's best to put those assumptions in the grave forever.

You know we'll never stop :horse: when it comes to the hopes & dreams of the Wyld Stallyns making their Excellent Halloween Comeback Tour... Maybe we just need to replace Murdy & the rest of those in control of Hollywood's event :devil:

To be fair, it isn't Murdy's call. He's vouched for it for the fans. Higher ups just don't wanna risk it.

The site has been updated with more info on this year's show:

Originating from the Westside of the galaxy light years away, the Jabbawockeez, have crash-landed on planet Earth and are now stranded in the 1950s. Feeling out of place from outer space, a musical journey ensues as they try to find a way back home. On this fantastic voyage through this strange land, the Jabbawockeez encounter a like-minded and masked character named Alize-unaware that this being they've just met may hold the key to the Jabbawockeez' homecoming.

If they really wanted to do something similar to B&T while straying away from using pop culture icons/characters in a spoof, I would think the closest to a modern day B&T is Rick and Morty.

But to be honest, I could just see Hollywood getting AoV as Orlando not only gets them for another year, but something else to fill the void of Bill and Ted.

If they really wanted to do something similar to B&T while straying away from using pop culture icons/characters in a spoof, I would think the closest to a modern day B&T is Rick and Morty.

But to be honest, I could just see Hollywood getting AoV as Orlando not only gets them for another year, but something else to fill the void of Bill and Ted.

Funny you mention Rick and Morty as a college tried that.. called it Rick and Morty: A Squanch in Time which my friends saw down in FL but thought was hilariously bad, but there were redeeming moments.

However Justin Roiland and Universal are NOT on good terms. Hence the creation of Rick and Morty in the first place... so doubt we'll ever see R&M at an HHN anytime soon.

Yes, he stated so in a Q&A that higher ups just told him straight up no. Guess it had to do in part with B&T coming to an end soon anyways.

This is surprising.. for years, we all thought he was anti-B&T, including being part of the brain-trust that ultimately axed the show in 2013 and doing everything in his power to prevent it from coming back.. lol