Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Holidayz in Hell

I tried my best with Google Slides and clip art on Google (I really need to get Photoshop back). :shrug:
Looks great... although, you do know Halloween happens BEFORE Thanksgiving right? :tease:

Now if only they'd start working on this damn scarezone already. The event starts in roughly 4 weeks and not even a chalk outline of where the bodies of the construction were found.

I believe scarezones get construction right after Labor Day (usually like the DAY after). They're the verrrrryyyy last things to go up. September 4th may sound like it's cutting it close, but it's always been this way. They will literally have a week before previews, but my guess is they want the summer crowds to go down first.

Last edited:
Even during the media previews, some mazes aren't all that completed and others could open right than. Anyone know when that is?

Looks great... although, you do know Halloween happens BEFORE Thanksgiving right? :tease:
Oops, how embarrassing! :faint:At the time, I pretty much was unsure about if Halloween was gonna be in the scarezone due to Trick r' Treat and Hell's Harvest, and then I found out that it was last minute and just quickly plopped it in. This is why you don't rush things.

Even during the media previews, some mazes aren't all that completed and others could open right than. Anyone know when that is?

I remember in 2016 we did rehearsals in AHS and the "tent" for Chester still wasn't up - it was just open-air woodframe. They managed to get it together for the Tuesday (we rehearsed Saturday, I think?), but they made adjustments a week into the run.

I'd love if this zone was lit enough to take in the details of these masks. Last year had a bunch of great characters you could barely make out in the darkness.

Hello UI family hope you all have had a chance to come through Hollidayz in Hell, but if not you still have 16 days to catch it. What are your thoughts on the scarezone? Whats your favorite Holiday in the zone? Any feedback I can send to the Scareactors or anything you would like to say? Whatever you have to say I will personally make sure your words get out....

Here's my review of the zone. There are many others who gave their thoughts in the Review & Photos forum, be sure to check them out there!

HOLIDAYZ IN HELL

I might have found my new favorite scare zone. This gauntlet has everything! So many details, it was remarkable. I’m gonna have to go through this a few more times to catch everything. I’m going to try and take this in a bit more so I can give this a full review like I would a maze, because honestly, if they slapped a tent over this, put some triggers, this would’ve been maybe the second or third best maze of the night. There were so many ideas and creativity, I was pretty impressed. Unfortunately, there are people stopping at every little vignette to take pictures. This holds up the experience, backs up the line, and makes it a really slow walk through. Not a lot of scare actors when I went through, but I see the potential. I really wish they did this as a maze instead of First Purge. This is just sad it didn’t happen.
A+

Here's my review of the zone. There are many others who gave their thoughts in the Review & Photos forum, be sure to check them out there!

HOLIDAYZ IN HELL

I might have found my new favorite scare zone. This gauntlet has everything! So many details, it was remarkable. I’m gonna have to go through this a few more times to catch everything. I’m going to try and take this in a bit more so I can give this a full review like I would a maze, because honestly, if they slapped a tent over this, put some triggers, this would’ve been maybe the second or third best maze of the night. There were so many ideas and creativity, I was pretty impressed. Unfortunately, there are people stopping at every little vignette to take pictures. This holds up the experience, backs up the line, and makes it a really slow walk through. Not a lot of scare actors when I went through, but I see the potential. I really wish they did this as a maze instead of First Purge. This is just sad it didn’t happen.
A+
You make a point with scare actors not being on set at the times you went through. its minor things such as having a person missing on set that can either make an experience through our zone that much more exciting. With costume issues and such happening vary often it can prove hard to get everyone on set but we are working to keep the scare experience high and guest satisfaction even higher.